Giving players game time

NeoGeo7

So Morelos now has 5 in his last 4 and is starting to grow in confidence and looks far more settled, his movement and hold up play was really good today as well as his effort.

Candeias looks right at home and has some good link up play with Tav.

Alves and Cardoso continue to be solid.

Jack is settled and doing his job.

Dorrans is solid though perhaps not hitting the expectations of the support.

So my point is this, if we give Pena and Herrera 4/5 starts in a row in place of Miller and Kranjcar I feel they'd definitely settle in quicker. There is no substitute for getting regular games for hitting form or getting settled at a new club. Was delighted to see Herrera score especially after his and Pena's "No you shoot, no you shoot" moment a minute before that.

Would feel more confident in Pedro if he realises that Miller and Kranjcar need to be dropped and both Herrer and Pena start against Dundee. I feel he can learn from his mistakes and make the right calls then that at least let's me know he won't just continue to have the blinkers on picking the same lineup week after week.

Agree but this is a doubled edged sword. Pedro needed to play Miller, who knows the league backwards, to start with as others bedded in. I suspect that, at least, you'll see a top 2 of Morelos and Herrera next week, with KM on the bench. Windass will come back into contention, of course - but if he gives Pena 30-35 mins again next week that will be breaking him in nicely.

Pena's lack of confidence and uncertainty stuck out a mile for me today. Let's not forget that he has never lived or played anywhere except Mexico until he came here. Easy to look at Bruno, etc for comparison - but he's done Portugal, Italy and Russia before coming to Scotland, so it's a different experience. A new country for the first time at 27 would faze anyone...

I agree the players need time that unfortunately they don't get being a Rangers player. I'm writing of Dalcio however as I've made up my mind he's dugshite and I think Pedro knows it aswell. I would play Herrera over Miller with Morelos as they could compliment each other really well. I know this might not be everyone's opinion but I'm slightly worried about Cardoso, he is a more cultured player than Bruno but his concentration can lapse during a match which causes me concern.

34 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

Agree but this is a doubled edged sword. Pedro needed to play Miller, who knows the league backwards, to start with as others bedded in. I suspect that, at least, you'll see a top 2 of Morelos and Herrera next week, with KM on the bench. Windass will come back into contention, of course - but if he gives Pena 30-35 mins again next week that will be breaking him in nicely.

Pena's lack of confidence and uncertainty stuck out a mile for me today. Let's not forget that he has never lived or played anywhere except Mexico until he came here. Easy to look at Bruno, etc for comparison - but he's done Portugal, Italy and Russia before coming to Scotland, so it's a different experience. A new country for the first time at 27 would faze anyone...

Agree he couldn't play all his new signings at first. Getting some of the new signings bedded in helps the others that are taking longer to settle.

The difference between Morelos now and a month ago is a sign of things to (hopefully) come.