El Buffalo (the best finisher since Rod Wallace) appreciation thread

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been fortunate over the years to have some outstanding centre forwards that were all different and were successful: Mols, McCoist, Prso, Boyd, Jelavic. Early days yet but El Bufalo is showing great promise and here's hoping he keeps it up. 

2 hours ago, RossS1873 said:

We have been fortunate over the years to have some outstanding centre forwards that were all different and were successful: Mols, McCoist, Prso, Boyd, Jelavic. Early days yet but El Bufalo is showing great promise and here's hoping he keeps it up. 

You forgot Mo Johnston. Obviously not the most popular for some but was definitely a great finisher - thought his pairing with Hately was better than mccoist/Hately

6 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

You forgot Mo Johnston. Obviously not the most popular for some but was definitely a great finisher - thought his pairing with Hately was better than mccoist/Hately

Nah McCoist and Hateley was the best partnership I've ever seen in my lifetime. Mo was a good finisher, though. Granted.

38 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nah McCoist and Hateley was the best partnership I've ever seen in my lifetime. Mo was a good finisher, though. Granted.

Hateley was awesome for us ,I remember when souness signed him thinking why has he signed this overrated balloon,he went to Milan quite young and did nothing then Monaco and did little there too ,then after almost a full season of mediocrity he burst into life and was outstanding especially against the sheep 

Morelos will hopefully be a case of developing a younger player and selling him on for millions in a few years, looks like there's potential for it at least. Depressing as it might seem to be looking ahead to a player leaving it's the reality of the situation we have so it would be good to get real financial benefit for a change

13 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Morelos will hopefully be a case of developing a younger player and selling him on for millions in a few years, looks like there's potential for it at least. Depressing as it might seem to be looking ahead to a player leaving it's the reality of the situation we have so it would be good to get real financial benefit for a change

Don't overlook the money he can make us whilst being at the club, instead of having one eye on him leaving - the argument is similar with McCoist - the goals he scored to get us into Europe, winning leagues and cups etc probably far outway his wages as our manager. Different but kind of the same.

A great goalscorer, especially in Scotland, is far more valuable being at the club than heading off somewhere for a fraction of his worth

16 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Hateley was awesome for us ,I remember when souness signed him thinking why has he signed this overrated balloon,he went to Milan quite young and did nothing then Monaco and did little there too ,then after almost a full season of mediocrity he burst into life and was outstanding especially against the sheep 

Hateley has to have been one of our best strikers ever. We really were spoiled at one time; having a player of his ability seems surreal looking back now. What a player.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Don't overlook the money he can make us whilst being at the club, instead of having one eye on him leaving - the argument is similar with McCoist - the goals he scored to get us into Europe, winning leagues and cups etc probably far outway his wages as our manager. Different but kind of the same.

A great goalscorer, especially in Scotland, is far more valuable being at the club than heading off somewhere for a fraction of his EPL counterparts.

Sure and the hope would be for him to make us money that way as well while he's still here, but at 21 there's no chance of us keeping him all throughout his prime years if he keeps progressing the way he seems to have the potential to

The thought of that is better than the last several years of either having to release a tonne of players players or sell them off for next to nothing

7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Hateley has to have been one of our best strikers ever. We really were spoiled at one time; having a player of his ability seems surreal looking back now. What a player.

The game at elland road wow, apart from that goal his cross for mcoist was outstanding 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Ally missed tons of chances and seemed a lucky striker but i agree he must have had something to score that many goals. Maybe i am letting ally 'the manager' into my thoughts!

Got to say when wee Mo scored a late winner vs them at ibrox they were spewing - one of many happy moments following us 

2 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Ally missed tons of chances and seemed a lucky striker but i agree he must have had something to score that many goals. Maybe i am letting ally 'the manager' into my thoughts!

Got to say when wee Mo scored a late winner vs them at ibrox they were spewing - one of many happy moments following us 

Luck shmuck. Ally had a natural ability to read the play and always be in the right place at the right time. You can't teach that. You either have it or you don't.

One of my all time faves was Marco Negri, had there been no troubles off the park behind closed doors he would've been the most prolific scorer Rangers would have ever have had in my opinion. The fact he banged in 36 goals in half a season should speak volumes for itself, he was a class act.

Partnership it would have to go a long way to beat Coisty and Hately.

Mols was another, up until the injury Mols had that potential, what a player he was, I just felt he wasn't quite the same after that injury but was still banging them in. You could definitely say we've not had a goal scorer like this in years who has all round ability.

It was the Helsinki Manager I was reading earlier who taught him to chase those second balls, when he first arrived at HJK Helsinki he would stubbornly give up, but after working with him to chase down second balls it's greatly improved his game. He certainly doesn't give their defence peace.

I know it is very unlikely and probably won't happen. But William Hill are offering 450/1 for Morelos top scorer and Rangers to win the league. 

The stars may align and everything might fall into place, what a fucking bet that would be :lol: 

16 minutes ago, WGOH said:

I know it is very unlikely and probably won't happen. But William Hill are offering 450/1 for Morelos top scorer and Rangers to win the league. 

The stars may align and everything might fall into place, what a fucking bet that would be :lol: 

If gers win the league,it's likely that morelos will be top scorer ,cracking bet