*** The Official Rangers vs Dundee Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

47 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I get it's just me and this type of player - I've thought the same about almost every player in that position since I've watched football  as I said I sometimes watch these players closely to see what I miss and i still think their role is over hyped 

Take Stuart McCall he did that role but could play In a way you seen what He offered us too it didn't go unnoticed likewise Barry Ferguson when he returned more defensive minded too 

I get that, but the thing is, you can see the value of the best ones when you see a top class player trying to do it and failing. Take Steven Gerrard, for example. Did he have the technical ability to just sit in front of the defence, setting the tempo and playing conservative passes? Of course. Did he have the intelligence to do it consistently and not give the ball away at the worst moments? Nope.

2 minutes ago, JamieD said:

I get that, but the thing is, you can see the value of the best ones when you see a top class player trying to do it and failing. Take Steven Gerrard, for example. Did he have the technical ability to just sit in front of the defence, setting the tempo and playing conservative passes? Of course. Did he have the intelligence to do it consistently and not give the ball away at the worst moments? Nope.

I know but I just don't value that as a skill. Anyone could sit in that pocket of space and pass the ball, the easy ball, to the nearest player to them at a slow pace. It obviously has merit that I can't see, that's obvious. 

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I think Tav's contribution Today and generally this season has been fantastic he has always hadn't the talent and now that he isn't surrounded by shite like Halliday, Kiernan & Wilson he is a key player for us both going forward and defensively.

Big test for Tav is the bheggars