***Official Arsene Wenger/Arsenal Thread***

51 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

never heard such keech in all my life, this is The Arsenals season

If the club allow Sanchez, Mustafi and the Ox to go, who do you want in?

I like the look of Seri from Nice, i'd try for maybe Laporte or Jonny Evans as a defender - Draxler has been linked too.

No doubt it will end up with someone odd like Cabaye coming in a minute before midnight.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If the club allow Sanchez, Mustafi and the Ox to go, who do you want in?

I like the look of Seri from Nice, i'd try for maybe Laporte or Jonny Evans as a defender - Draxler has been linked too.

No doubt it will end up with someone odd like Cabaye coming in a minute before midnight.

Ox is a wee fud, I could do a better job. Coupe of good signings and Le gaffer will deliver

On 29/08/2017 at 3:28 PM, SuperPapac05 said:

Lacazette is a cracking young striker. Cech is a solid experienced GK. Bellerin has the potential to be the best RB in world football. Giroud is an amazing impact sub player. Walcott has the pace to take out tired defences. Sanchez, doesn't need saying. Xhaka has a bit of steel about him to manage the defensive duties in midfield. I could go on. Like many squads they do have their donkeys, but the squad is more than capable of challenging, it just needs someone with fresh ideas to energise them. 

I stopped reading after the part about Bellerin, after a solid half hour of laughing obviously

I think 40m for the Ox represents a good deal for both sides. Clearly Arsene wanted to keep him but he's contributed next to nothing for Arsenal. 40m for an inconsistent squad player in the last year of his contract is good business. The context of Arsenal having a shocking start to the season, numerous players out of contract at the end of the season and being generally amateurish in their dealings thus far gives it a far more negative slant but it's not bad business IMO.

For Liverpool they're signing an inconsistent player, but one who is an England international and can play various positions. Giving Oxlade-Chamberlain a fresh start in a new environment under Klopp might well see him fulfill that potential which his performances sometimes suggests he has.

• 2 weeks later...