Spartans vs Linfield

K.A.I

18 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss said:

Is a bit confusing.  Going along to this - I have emailed Spartans using the email they mention asking if tickets are required or we can pay at the gate.  Will let you know when they get back to me.

Edit:  That was quick.

Hi VladimirWeiss,

Pay at the gate will be available for the Linfield end (ground admission) on Saturday from 1.30pm onwards.  The stand section for Linfield fans is ticket only.  I’m not sure if there is any stand availability left as Linfield took responsibility for allocating the stand seats.

Hope this helps and we look forward to welcoming you to Ainslie Park on Saturday afternoon.

Kind regards,

I'll probably head to the ground early in case it's mobbed. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss said:

Is a bit confusing.  Going along to this - I have emailed Spartans using the email they mention asking if tickets are required or we can pay at the gate.  Will let you know when they get back to me.

Hi VladimirWeiss,

Pay at the gate will be available for the Linfield end (ground admission) on Saturday from 1.30pm onwards.  The stand section for Linfield fans is ticket only.  I’m not sure if there is any stand availability left as Linfield took responsibility for allocating the stand seats.

Hope this helps and we look forward to welcoming you to Ainslie Park on Saturday afternoon.

Kind regards,

All that information on Linfield website too.

10 hours ago, VladimirWeiss said:

Hi VladimirWeiss,

Kind regards,

Not confusing at all. It's both tickets and pay at the gate - the stand is tickets, the ground section/s are pay at the gate. 

9 hours ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Just on a quick break in work. It looks like just one stand then a grass type of verge all the way round so not sure what it will hold.

I saw a game played there a while ago, was mental - cunts on pitch when goals going in as it's only a wee daft railing you can duck under to get on.

If you're going to the boozer pre/post match then I'd stick to the centre - Granton makes Leith look like Bearsden supposedly.

Edit:

Feel bad taking the pish out this as it's class what Spartans do for the area - but the two women in this are definitely just out to score (and I'm not talking about joining in the game!).

40 minutes ago, BEE said:

If you're going to the boozer pre/post match then I'd stick to the centre - Granton makes Leith look like Bearsden supposedly.

Edit:

Feel bad taking the pish out this as it's class what Spartans do for the area - but the two women in this are definitely just out to score (and I'm not talking about joining in the game!).

Fer fuck sake. Is that up that way. Hahaha. Birds look classy bits a stuff likesy. ???

11 hours ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Fer fuck sake. Is that up that way. Hahaha. Birds look classy bits a stuff likesy. ???

Yeah Muirhouse (the scheme they mention) is two minutes from the ground.

30 minutes ago, BEE said:

Yeah Muirhead (the scheme they mention) is two minutes from the ground.

Brilliant, Edinburgh isn't really high on places that I go to a lot. Never liked the place, got caught out one midweek game against they junkie fucks going back along the road in late eighties. Very rarely up there. Just prefer Glasgow for anything. Just trying to get used to this site now. Everything is basically the same but was just getting used to it as it was.?

1 hour ago, BEE said:

Yeah Muirhead (the scheme they mention) is two minutes from the ground.

Muirhouse is a wee bit further than that, not too far but still a wee bit away. Its Strachan's neck of the woods though apparently. Spartans ground is almost my folks back garden, more Pilton area. Nowhere near as bad as Muirhouse but no perfect either :lol: 

See Edinburgh City are ground sharing with them this season too whilst Meadowbank gets done up. I've also actually played on this pitch in a charity game with my old work. Its just the one stand and then the railing all the way around.

It's in the shite side of Edinburgh. Piltons a dive although some new builds are brightening it up.

To get there from the centre will require a taxi or a fucking long walk. I suppose without colours and in a large group any pub would be ok but to be honest the EH4/5 area has its rough parts. Not quite as bad as Wester Hailes right enough or Craigmillar but still a shitehole.

A taxi from city centre on a Saturday to Pilton is about 10/15 mins with little traffic. I do it during the week and it can be a cunt.

Stay safe.

21 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Muirhouse is a wee bit further than that, not too far but still a wee bit away. Its Strachan's neck of the woods though apparently. Spartans ground is almost my folks back garden, more Pilton area. Nowhere near as bad as Muirhouse but no perfect either :lol: 

See Edinburgh City are ground sharing with them this season too whilst Meadowbank gets done up. I've also actually played on this pitch in a charity game with my old work. Its just the one stand and then the railing all the way around.

You going to this mate?

3 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Am not sure, depends Stuart was meant to get back to me about tickets. I'll give him a shout the morn

Dunno if I can be bothered :lol: 

I'll probably head down with my Dad. Need to steer clear of any boozers beforehand otherwise I probably won't bother with the game :lol:

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I'll probably head down with my Dad. Need to steer clear of any boozers beforehand otherwise I probably won't bother with the game :lol:

There's fuck all there anyway, its round the back of Ainslie Park leisure centre. Nearest pub be the hotel at the village on ferry road or the anchor, which is a dive hibs pub :lol: 

12 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

There's fuck all there anyway, its round the back of Ainslie Park leisure centre. Nearest pub be the hotel at the village on ferry road or the anchor, which is a dive hibs pub :lol: 

Any recommendations for pubs round Waverley pre match mate?

3 hours ago, bluedylan said:

Only a few hundred travelling over,a lot of Linfield fans in Italy for Northern Ireland game

Brian Robson parade too.

3 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Get off haymarket and go to platform 5 bar. There's a spoons right outside waverley called the booking office too. 

Cheers will be a few of us so Spoons a shout.

37 minutes ago, BEE said:

Brian Robson parade too.

Cheers will be a few of us so Spoons a shout.

Aye if you come up the big steps onto princes street opposite the apple shop. Turn left and go along past the Malones outdoor pubs :megaanguish:. Turn left at the junction and go down and it's on the side. Or if it's easier go up the road going out of station where the taxis used to go and turn right there. That's where it is. Failing that, standing order on Georges street is a spoons and prob easier to get away to the game. There is also one in omni center