Hearts at Murrayfield

ElBufalo20

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, jcb said:

The Police are setting a limit of 10,000 away fans for our visit iirc.

I've said this before and i'll say it again.

There is no way police should set the amount of fans allowed in a ground when it has a safety certificate for a capacity of 67,000. Their job is to analyse the risks and prepare accordingly, not set how many people can go about a lawful activity.

They have way too much arbitrary, executive power in Scotland, and Britain in general.

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There is no way police should set the amount of fans allowed in a ground when it has a safety certificate for a capacity of 67,000. Their job is to analyse the risks and prepare accordingly, not set how many people can go about a lawful activity.

They have way too much arbitrary, executive power in Scotland, and Britain in general.

Spot on. It's a sporting event where they have over 60k for rugby matches.

its the capital city where hundreds of thousands of tourists go for the festival yet the police limit the amount of big bad Rangers fans going.

its a disgrace 

Hearts would give us 45k if they could , The blue pound would help them out financially difficulties due to this new stand  , never going to happen and I want to see my team to but it's a we idea RFC only take the allocation they've gave us for tynecastle last season 

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This 100%:tu:

Just now, Cedrick said:

Hearts would give us 45k if they could , The blue pound would help them out financially difficulties due to this new stand  , never going to happen and I want to see my team to but it's a we idea RFC only take the allocation they've gave us for tynecastle last season 

No, no, no.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They can handle the crowds inside the ground fine. But they'd shit themselves at the thought of 20k odd bears pouring through to Edinburgh. 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

They can handle the crowds inside the ground fine. But they'd shit themselves at the thought of 20k odd bears pouring through to Edinburgh. 

But what if 20k Bears decided to spontaneously go to Edinburgh and have a swally on Rose St... or tour the Castle?

I imagine they could just do what they did back in the day when Easter Rd held 57,000. Be police and do their jobs. A novel concept it seems in today's world.

35 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hearts offered is 30 k. The police then stepped in and said no.

last i heard we were getting enough for everyone on cccs scheme to get a ticket.

Must be getting more than 30k then if all 8.5k of us on CCCS are getting a ticket.  :bangbang:

7 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Leathering Hibs all over the  place.

Yes please. 

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

But what if 20k Bears decided to spontaneously go to Edinburgh and have a swally on Rose St... or tour the Castle?

I imagine they could just do what they did back in the day when Easter Rd held 57,000. Be police and do their jobs. A novel concept it seems in today's world.

Rather than go to the bother of organising themselves accordingly the polis would sooner just use their authority to give us a shite allocation. 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

You honestly think 45,000 bears would travel :) 

7 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Yes please. 

Rather than go to the bother of organising themselves accordingly the polis would sooner just use their authority to give us a shite allocation. 

That's my point. They shouldn't have the power to say no. They are unelected and they are meant to be there to serve people, not rule over them.

4 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

You honestly think 45,000 bears would travel :) 

10,000 is a decent amount, 15,000 is a lot of tickets to shift nowadays for an away league match, what's our biggest allocation.....probably about 9k for rugby park.