Hearts at Murrayfield

ElBufalo20

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've said this before and i'll say it again.

There is no way police should set the amount of fans allowed in a ground when it has a safety certificate for a capacity of 67,000. Their job is to analyse the risks and prepare accordingly, not set how many people can go about a lawful activity.

They have way too much arbitrary, executive power in Scotland, and Britain in general.

Hear Hear,just how they can limit the numbers is wrong on so many levels,the lazy bastards just want a easy shift if there is any bother it's their job to sort it out.

We'll get between 10-15k officially, heard from a pretty decent source. Nothing stopping bears taking tickets for elsewhere in the stadium that'll be empty though. 

I can see at least 10,000 bears in the capital that day

I don't have season ticket as would be a waste of money as I work two out of three weekends over Saturday and Sundays. But this would appeal to me. And how the police can dictate how many fans go is ridiculous. The stadium holds 67 thousand so why should it not be sold out. The ground is safe isn't it. I think Rangers as in us, the fans would buy a fair amount. Only time realistically that we will play there. If they can get 50 thousand going down to Glasgow for say Sheep against the Junkies then they should be able to organise us for going up there. Run a few Saturday Specials Trains and get us in and out. And if we want to hang about and have a laugh and a drink then so be it. Edinburgh the Capital of Scotland the City that welcomes all until The Bg Bad Mad Proddies want to come for a few hours and it's time to shut up shop and board the windows up.???

Muppets!!!

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There is no way police should set the amount of fans allowed in a ground when it has a safety certificate for a capacity of 67,000. Their job is to analyse the risks and prepare accordingly, not set how many people can go about a lawful activity.

They have way too much arbitrary, executive power in Scotland, and Britain in general.

Comes down to  Police resources i'm afraid.

Imagine 25-30,000 bears attending the game. How many extra policemen/women would have to be deployed and the extra financial costs involved. Police Scotland are cutting back on overtime and will take every opportunity to save any amount of money, however small that may be.

Don't agree but that's how it is today.

3 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Hearts would give us 45k if they could , The blue pound would help them out financially difficulties due to this new stand  , never going to happen and I want to see my team to but it's a we idea RFC only take the allocation they've gave us for tynecastle last season 

Exactly what I was thinking, you'd think that being the sensible option as it fills their coffers given they're in financial trouble as it is, they need all the money they can get.

It's a one off event or at least the first of a kind.  Bears would flock to the capital which help Hearts and generates additional for small businesses (pubs) around the city.  Police Scotland reflecting the wishes of their SNP masters once again.  If they can handle 67K for Scotland vs Ireland / England / Wales rugby matches why not a football match?  

The idea has often been touted of a Cup Final at Murrayfield, what would plod do then, ridiculous?

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Well said. 

1 hour ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

£40 a brief I've read. 

They can't charge that. Pricing is set at the start of the season and in cat a/b/c fixtures. 

What we charge Hearts at Ibrox, they can't charge us more at their venue, likewise Dundee, Hamilton or celtic with the exception of any concessions and restricted views etc. 

Unless they've recently changed the rule.