Hearts at Murrayfield

ElBufalo20

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, harlands plater said:

What's the difference between 67,000 rugger toffs in the place and filling it with football fans? Was there a lower than capacity limit imposed when the tarriers played a couple of early season Euro games there?

The difference is we are scum football fans. Jeez know your place.

And re celtic don't think so but the greatest fans in the world only sold 35,000 tickets for both games they played.

8 hours ago, jcb said:

Comes down to  Police resources i'm afraid.

Imagine 25-30,000 bears attending the game. How many extra policemen/women would have to be deployed and the extra financial costs involved. Police Scotland are cutting back on overtime and will take every opportunity to save any amount of money, however small that may be.

Don't agree but that's how it is today.

Don't the clubs have to pay the police for their attendance? I seem to recall clubs bitching about it, because the police decided themselves how many police clubs would be billed for. Some clubs were being billed for police that weren't there, allegedly.

Didn't that other team from Glasgow not rent Murrayfield for a CL qualifier in 2014, when Glasgow was hosting the Commonwealth Games? I'm sure that the polis never limited the attendance then, as the whole point of them playing there, was to get as many punters in as possible.

17 minutes ago, left winger said:

If they don't accept our current offer for Walker, tell them we'll take 1,200 tickets for Murrayfield - the same as we've been getting for Tynecastle. See how they like that - cunts.

I like this idea.  Although my love for going to games probably outweighs a bid being rejected TBF.

37 minutes ago, left winger said:

If they don't accept our current offer for Walker, tell them we'll take 1,200 tickets for Murrayfield - the same as we've been getting for Tynecastle. See how they like that - cunts.

Can't believe people actual think like this. Who gives a flying fuck about Hearts. We should be taking as many tickets as possible and cheering the team on! How many people will miss you if they give us 1200 fs

1 hour ago, giffnockger said:

Can't believe people actual think like this. Who gives a flying fuck about Hearts. We should be taking as many tickets as possible and cheering the team on! How many people will miss you if they give us 1200 fs

I think like this because we're being seen as a cash cow by Hearts. Don't understand the point in  your last sentence.

12 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Don't the clubs have to pay the police for their attendance? I seem to recall clubs bitching about it, because the police decided themselves how many police clubs would be billed for. Some clubs were being billed for police that weren't there, allegedly.

Clubs pay for the police in the Stadium footprint but with perhaps 20,000 + arriving at the same time many more of them would have to be deployed at various points outwith the said footprint. Every penny is a prisoner to PS nowadays. 

1 minute ago, giffnockger said:

I meant how many will miss out mate apologies ;)

Yeah, loads would miss out, and I would like to see Murrayfield taken over by us. However, if they play hardball with us, then we are in a position to give it back big time. I think we'd all get over it pretty quickly if we had the same number of fans at Murrayfield, as we get at Tynecastle, but they would certainly miss our money. 

if you have ever been to murrayfield it is quite a open stadium  the fans can walk round the concourse where the food bars are

also rugby fans are not segregated i have been once to scotland v wales and all the fans sat together  that will stop the police giving our fans too many tickets                                                                   f

29 minutes ago, billscott said:

if you have ever been to murrayfield it is quite a open stadium  the fans can walk round the concourse where the food bars are

also rugby fans are not segregated i have been once to scotland v wales and all the fans sat together  that will stop the police giving our fans too many tickets                                                                   f

Surely temporary barriers for the concourses similar to the ones used in the broomloan for larger allocations(cup games etc) could easily be put up there too?

On 30/08/2017 at 3:01 PM, McEwan's Lager said:

I've said this before and i'll say it again.

There is no way police should set the amount of fans allowed in a ground when it has a safety certificate for a capacity of 67,000. Their job is to analyse the risks and prepare accordingly, not set how many people can go about a lawful activity.

They have way too much arbitrary, executive power in Scotland, and Britain in general.

I have thought exactly the same since they started dictating when OF games should be moved to ridiculous 11:30 or 12:30 KO times. Seemed to recall it happening after the league win at parkhead in 1999 ,which kicked off at 5pm - wonder what set of fans was to blame for that drunken disgrace of a sideshow that day? They are there to police, not to make injunctions and paralegal manifestos, yet another example of the victimisation of football fans. Yet, nobody questions these decisions at all in football authority.

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I have thought exactly the same since they started dictating when OF games should be moved to ridiculous 11:30 or 12:30 KO times. Seemed to recall it happening after the league win at parkhead in 1999 ,which kicked off at 5pm - wonder what set of fans was to blame for that drunken disgrace of a sideshow that day? They are there to police, not to make injunctions and paralegal manifestos, yet another example of the victimisation of football fans. Yet, nobody questions these decisions at all in football authority.

Excellent and insightful post.

Make no doubt about it, Hearts are gagging for cash.

A small fortune spent on Euro trash players, sacking Cathro, papped out the cup and a several million pound over budget half arsed office block....they will be choking for the blue pound.

Not looking likely we'll be offered any more than 10k though:redcard: