Why are the great unwashed not spending?

Thermopylae

Depending on who you believe they have made between 40 and 50 million quid from the champions league in the last couple of seasons so why then just a couple of loan deals before the window closed? Let's face it if rogers ever gets an offer to go back south he's much more likely to go if desmond isn't allowing him to compete in the champions league so to starve him of funds now when they are apparently cash rich doesn't seem to make any sense.

I can't help remembering though dempsey's words not long after ben turpin showed him the door they were something along the lines of "the stadium is quite nice but because it was thrown up cheaply so it will eventually cost a lot more to maintain than it ever cost to build" and I wonder if that's why they are trying to build up their bank balance at the expense of the team?

They know we're coming for them, we will topple them eventually, they need the cash for when that day comes and the CL money tree is no more.

The mutants won't be happy though especially if they get pumped out the CL, winning the Scottish league year after year becomes boring with no competition, good enough for Liewell but not the football purists amongst the unwashed.

18 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

They know we're coming for them, we will topple them eventually, they need the cash for when that day comes and the CL money tree is no more.

The mutants won't be happy though especially if they get pumped out the CL, winning the Scottish league year after year becomes boring with no competition, good enough for Liewell but not the football purists amongst the unwashed.

Even with champions league cash coming out of every orifice they are still tied to the biscuit tin :mutley:

9 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Maybe they have looked at what he spent millions on at Liverpool and decided to keep the lid on the tin.

Also it's becoming increasingly obvious their board are happy to get to CL group collect the money and make no challenge to progress.

The UEFA system stinks ... it's destroying the small leagues where only 1 team get the champions league money 

They're never getting better than third in that group even if they spend £60 million.

Although sometimes the paranoid Protestant in me thinks they are going to escape the SPL and slither into the Premiership through Liewell getting his feet under the table at UEFA, and they're piling up the cash for then.

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Want a bet mate . The beggars are not Rangers fans . Who like winning, when the title was worth winning

The scum would quite happily take 50 titles in a row playing their shadows

21 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

The cash is all heading to Dermot 'Panama Papers' Desmond, they have ammased a huge amount yet spent relatively little. If I was a scum fan, then questions would need asked. There is definitely some influence from him.

Fines to be paid 

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15427634.Dermot_Desmond_bank_fined_after_FBI_probe_in_to_North_Korean_scandal/

20 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Want a bet mate . The beggars are not Rangers fans . Who like winning, when the title was worth winning

The scum would quite happily take 50 titles in a row playing their shadows

I think a big difference between them and us is they genuinely want us destroyed where as I don't believe we feel the same way about them ... I suppose we see them as a stray dog that hangs about like a bad smell and even though it keeps growling at you  you don't want it run over by a bus 

On 1 September 2017 at 6:26 PM, harlands plater said:

They're never getting better than third in that group even if they spend £60 million.

Although sometimes the paranoid Protestant in me thinks they are going to escape the SPL and slither into the Premiership through Liewell getting his feet under the table at UEFA, and they're piling up the cash for then.

Not a hope in hell , they'll be in the premiership . 

On 01/09/2017 at 6:26 PM, harlands plater said:

That has been his plan since pre 2012, destroy the nearest competitor with sanctions, demotions and fines. Remember, he clearly stated that they didn't need Rangers - I read into that at the time that he will be putting a case to EPL/UEFA regarding lack of competition as an appeal to get into England. Wait and see, I expect this to happen within a couple of years or so. Particularly if they get the 10 in a row. Of course, thier scummy fans put the plan out of kilter in Sunderland - highly likely the police in England will have something to say about their pro-terrorist hoard appearing on their cities and towns every second week. Football is moving on in Europe, I can't see us or them in England now, more likely will be part of a UEFA midweek league when they merge the Europa and CL.

4 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I think a big difference between them and us is they genuinely want us destroyed where as I don't believe we feel the same way about them ... I suppose we see them as a stray dog that hangs about like a bad smell and even though it keeps growling at you  you don't want it run over by a bus 

I genuinely wish they were destroyed.

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Not a hope in hell , they'll be in the premiership . 

I really hope you're right mate but I wouldn't put anything past them. 

Years ago my old man said to me " If I was asked to describe them in one word, that word would be "sleekit" ".He had them figured out.

If we got closer to them on the park then they spend some more. Currently winning the league by 25 points why spend 15/20m? If it was your business and you were getting 30m a season without buying big then you would sit pretty well with that.

We need a bit of luck as we simply can't compete financially.

2 hours ago, BlueMexican said:

If we got closer to them on the park then they spend some more. Currently winning the league by 25 points why spend 15/20m? If it was your business and you were getting 30m a season without buying big then you would sit pretty well with that.

We need a bit of luck as we simply can't compete financially.

See this 15m or 20m they've got stashed away? Did they acquire this recently? I'm pretty sure their last full accounts for 2 years running posted a loss.

And going by their interim results they had a £20m profit with still half the season to pay for.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure their CE Liewell hit home just how important Champions League money is to them to sustain their level of spend.