Why are the great unwashed not spending?

Thermopylae

They still managed to spend 5.5 million to possibly  improve an unbeaten team. They are never going to do anything in Europe so why go out and spend 10 million to sing the league, it's pointless. We seem more concerned about their spending than they are. 

16 hours ago, harlands plater said:

I really hope you're right mate but I wouldn't put anything past them. 

Years ago my old man said to me " If I was asked to describe them in one word, that word would be "sleekit" ".He had them figured out.

You're old man was right , I think they'll certainly try but too many teams in the championship will be demanding first options to the riches of the premiership . And quite rightly too . 

A few things already mentioned on here are the problem .

The stadium was built on the cheap.i had a mate that worked on it as a spark and he said the stuff they were using was the cheapest of cheap.you would have to assume that the rest of the materials were of the cheapest available and not having a long lifespan hence increasing maintenance costs.plus I'm sure if read somewhere that the stadium itself was a short term fix and was going to need serious work within 25yrs .this will cost 100s of millions to rebuild these days 

Lieswell has said that they budget on champions league revenue 2 out of 3 years so if it's part of budget it's not a huge cash injection available for investing. 

Fritzel as reported has problems with a bank he has investment in and he will be looking for maximum dividend payments from them for a while .he won't want to be losing money 

The coop loans are due for repayment either this year or next so that eats up a fair bit of the cl cash .also the figures you here of 30m won't be anywhere near that once costs and bonuses get taken off 

They do need to invest in the squad .not to spend while in a strong position to maintain a level .this will be their downfall 

The propaganda around them being well run is about as true as their all inclusive myth .if we get our side of things right we will have them in trouble a lot sooner than folk would believe 

On 03/09/2017 at 11:54 AM, james_85 said:

They still managed to spend 5.5 million to possibly  improve an unbeaten team. They are never going to do anything in Europe so why go out and spend 10 million to sing the league, it's pointless. We seem more concerned about their spending than they are. 

So just the 5 million out of all the tens of millions, probably over 100 million, they've supposedly had building up in their bank account from the CL cash?

Can't have reported it to the auditors though because its not in any of their published accounts. Financial fraud perhaps? Or maybe they don't have it at all.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

So just the 5 million out of all the tens of millions, probably over 100 million, they've supposedly had building up in their bank account from the CL cash?

Can't have reported it to the auditors though because its not in any of their published accounts. Financial fraud perhaps? Or maybe they don't have it at all.

I thought it was 6 million just to get Roberts on loan? 

8 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

I thought it was 6 million just to get Roberts on loan? 

Find out in June when their accounts for the year are published. Probably end up being a load of shite just like all the money they claimed to have made from the transfer of players like Forrester, which turned out to nearly half of what they claimed to have got.

Or we could just engage in parroting their propaganda and only discuss the half year accounts which will look pretty good considering all the CL money. Come June its always a different story.

On 03/09/2017 at 11:54 AM, james_85 said:

Honestly not trying to be cheeky but you seem to be concerned about their spending if you know how much they'e spent this window. All I know is they signed yet another looky-looky cunt. Fuck them.

Note to self: "You need to cut down the bad language."

On 01/09/2017 at 6:26 PM, harlands plater said:

They're never getting better than third in that group even if they spend £60 million.

Although sometimes the paranoid Protestant in me thinks they are going to escape the SPL and slither into the Premiership through Liewell getting his feet under the table at UEFA, and they're piling up the cash for then.

I doubt England will ever come off but if it did I'm certain it would an Old Firm product. More likely a Euro League type deal.

I think change will happen ?

40 minutes ago, chris182 said:

England will never happen but if it did I'm certain it would an Old Firm product. More likely a Euro League type deal.

I think change will happen ?

All the more reason why we need to get our act together on and off the field and get back level at least  with that mob across the city so we become attractive to whoever is organising a restructure.

We can't afford to become an irrelevance miles behind them.