***Official N.Ireland vs Czech Republic thread***

.Williamson.

31 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Sources suggesting over here that Northern Ireland will be ranked number 20 on FIFA list next week this would make us one of the seeded nations alongside Italy Portugal and Slovakia in playoffs,still think we need to take something from Norway to be 100%though

That's an amazing achievement. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Would Scotland getting 2nd work in your favour?

Instead of Slovakia, it would yes, as they would be seeded above us, Scotland not so, so frees up another seeded place. 

Could also possibly draw them as well lol. 

24 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Is it really considered a top job? It's not really. Scotland hasn't qualified for anything since the big bang. 

Scotland is still considered a big footballing nation, with plenty of support. I think Scotland has one of the highest per head of population of people who attend league fixtures in Europe. To an outsider foreign coach, there is always plenty of interest from proven European coaches when the job crops up. With the new 24 team Euro format, and the Nation's League route - it is entirely likely that Scotland could make the next Euro finals in 2020, with matches at Hampden. When Strachan calls it a day, there will be plenty of big names applying.

15 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Scotland is still considered a big footballing nation, with plenty of support. I think Scotland has one of the highest per head of population of people who attend league fixtures in Europe. To an outsider foreign coach, there is always plenty of interest from proven European coaches when the job crops up. With the new 24 team Euro format, and the Nation's League route - it is entirely likely that Scotland could make the next Euro finals in 2020, with matches at Hampden. When Strachan calls it a day, there will be plenty of big names applying.

What planet are you on? The Scotland job must be one of the most unappealing jobs in European football. :lol:  

16 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Attendances pr head of population is/was (at least)...

1. Faroe Islands

2. Iceland

3. Scotland

might have changed though.

also.. we had around 9% of our population in the stadium on sunday against Andorra. 

6 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Attendances pr head of population is/was (at least)...

1. Faroe Islands

2. Iceland

3. Scotland

might have changed though.

also.. we had around 9% of our population in the stadium on sunday against Andorra. 

Saw that game, always keep an eye out for Faroes games on the Sky Red button. If only to keep an eye out for your bearded big pal in the Rangers scarf!!!

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Saw that game, always keep an eye out for Faroes games on the Sky Red button. If only to keep an eye out for bearded big pal in the Rangers scarf!!!

He is our Capo... Im always right next to him.. bearded, Rangers scarf and a trumpet. I make the songs and start them. :dance:

7 hours ago, Gustav said:

What planet are you on? The Scotland job must be one of the most unappealing jobs in European football. :lol:  

As I said earlier, with Euro 2020 qualification looking a strong possibility - with the finals being hosted in part at Hampden. I can see some big names in the British and European game going for it. However, we more than likely end up with Malky McKay taking it on as part of his remit or Davie Moyes.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

He is our Capo... Im always right next to him.. bearded, Rangers scarf and a trumpet. I make the songs and start them. :dance:

I'll also keep an eye out for you as well then!! That big chap always looks like he is having a great time, despite being on the end of some hammerings!!

19 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

As I said earlier, with Euro 2020 qualification looking a strong possibility - with the finals being hosted in part at Hampden. I can see some big names in the British and European game going for it. However, we more than likely end up with Malky McKay taking it on as part of his remit or Davie Moyes.

A big name isn't going to want the Scotland job because they might get a game at a tournament because they are a host nation :lol: 

The money isn't there, the players aren't there and Scotland is well known to be an absolute backwater in European football.

On 9/6/2017 at 8:23 PM, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Scotland were the highest around 10 years ago per capita. 

The last time I saw it the Faroe Islands is the biggest. 

Edit: just saw @johanhentze post!