MEX SENSE

Ace

Rangers have ‘started a great relationship’ with Mexican giants Chivas, according to the club’s chief executive who met with Pedro Caixinha in Glasgow this week

Jose Luis Higuera was given a tour of Auchenhowie alongside Caixinha before having dinner with the Light Blues manager.

Rangers have started “a great relationship” with Mexican giants Chivas, according to the club’s chief executive Jose Luis Higuera.

He travelled to Scotland this week for talks for Pedro Caixinha.

manager was in charge of Santos Laguna and led them to the Mexican title.

And he was with Higuera for a tour of Gers training ground Auchenhowie before the pair had dinner in Glasgow.

The Chivas chief sent his best wishes to countryman Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera on Twitter – and shared pictures of his meeting with Caixinha.

He said: “I have started a great relationship with Rangers FC.

“I had a great dinner and learned a lot about football.”

The comments could spark speculation that Caixinha is using his contacts there to engineer a tie up between Gers and one of Mexico’s biggest sides.

Club Deportivo Guadalajara, known as Chivas, have won their title 12 times and are known for only playing Mexican players.

Higuera is regarded as one of the most influential men in Mexican football.

He is also CEO of Ominilife Chivas group, which owns the club.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1523292/Rangers-great-relationship-chivas-pedro-caixinha/amp/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Ace said:

Club Deportivo Guadalajara, known as Chivas, have won their title 12 times and are known for only playing Mexican players.

Bigots.

Nah, seriously, this means it's likely to be a one way relationship were we might a look at some of there guys but they won't be sending any money our way.

Ach well, if nothing else at least I've now got a Mexican team to go on Pro Evo!

10 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

What chance has he got with attitudes like this ffs :lol:

Well tell me what benefits we gained from our partnerships with Shanghai Shenhua and the Australian mob who's name escapes me,among a few others over the years.

It's a load of shite.

52 minutes ago, Sket said:

Well tell me what benefits we gained from our partnerships with Shanghai Shenhua and the Australian mob who's name escapes me,among a few others over the years.

It's a load of shite.

Normally is a load of shite these things but it's another step to us being back to where we belong..

We should be at the table with these kind of clubs discussing partnerships, they're a step up from Shanghai Shenhua for example. Is it going to win us the title...naw...but we need some positive publicity surrounding the club, if the manager uses his influence to get this then i'm all for it.

We get trusted with a few of their youngsters for example, show we can develop players, something we've not been able to do for a long time.