MEX SENSE

Ace

59 minutes ago, Sket said:

Well tell me what benefits we gained from our partnerships with Shanghai Shenhua and the Australian mob who's name escapes me,among a few others over the years.

It's a load of shite.

I'm sure one of them had an orange strip.....the chance to wear an orange strip without being referred to as a bigot:mutley:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sket said:

Well tell me what benefits we gained from our partnerships with Shanghai Shenhua and the Australian mob who's name escapes me,among a few others over the years.

It's a load of shite.

You have no idea what is meant by 'relationship' so how about waiting for some more facts before jumping the gun and shooting it down.

If we are being honest the partnerships with Shanghai and whoever it was in Australia were failures, but so were the teams we linked up with. I think that was more marketing focused rather than player focused. It could be this link up is about youth development, player loans, friendlies. You literally don't have the first clue what it's about and yet you're already chomping at the bit to pour scorn on us exploring new opportunities. Have a word. 

Edit: Australian team were Northern Spirit. 

:lol: 

The reaction to stories like this would make you cry if it wasn't so hilarious. 

Linked with a well supported successful club (albeit no one knows the details as yet) and people are ready to shoot it down, call it a waste of time, and file it under pish.

At worst, it raises our profile in another country we've never had much traction in.

How about we find out more about it first...

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The reaction to stories like this would make you cry is if it wasn't so hilarious. 

Linked with a well supported successful club (albeit no one knows the details as yet) and people are ready to shoot it down, call it a waste of time, and file it under pish.

At worst, it raises our profile in another country we've never had much traction in.

Some people really don't have a clue. 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think it is a positive thing for that point you just made. Add to this that it is a club that is predominantly filled with Mexican players and has a lot of attention surrounding it given they are the Champions of Mexican football. They're a big club and if it helps get the name of Rangers out there to build a friendship over there, then good, strong relations could help for any future targets.

3 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I think it is a positive thing for that point you just made. Add to this that it is a club that is predominantly filled with Mexican players and has a lot of attention surrounding it given they are the Champions of Mexican football. They're a big club and if it helps get the name of Rangers out there to build a friendship over there, then good, strong relations could help for any future targets.

Agree with all your points other than the bold. We've only got two Mexicans.

3 hours ago, Sket said:

It's a load of shite.

3 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Normally is a load of shite these things but it's another step to us being back to where we belong..

We should be at the table with these kind of clubs discussing partnerships, they're a step up from Shanghai Shenhua for example. Is it going to win us the title...naw...but we need some positive publicity surrounding the club, if the manager uses his influence to get this then i'm all for it.

We get trusted with a few of their youngsters for example, show we can develop players, something we've not been able to do for a long time.

Pena can show them the sites and be their role model.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Building bridges and not walls. 

4 hours ago, Sket said:

It's a load of shite.

Doesn't mean because they flopped that this will. I can guarantee you all the top clubs will have links like this to loads of teams all over the world. 

Mexico and this club in particular are a step up from previous partnerships, Chicharito played for them before he signed for Man U for example. Every young Mexican player wants to play in Europe and Rangers will now have direct access to the talent coming through.

It might not win us the league this year but it will have its benefits in the long run so what's not to like.

5 hours ago, Sket said:

It's a load of shite.

Difference is, we are actually buying players from Mexico?

Let's see how it pans out before we rush to judge. However here's hoping if it does happen that we have something to show for it. Who knows maybe getting our name out there in Mexico it might attract investors with deep pockets. Yes Carlos Slim, I am looking at you! 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

The population of Mexico is 128million

theres a 128million reasons to wait and see