John Motson

G.E.C.

4 hours ago, Gustav said:

That celebration, wtf? :lol: 

A bit of context wouldn't go amiss; England were 2-1 down with three minutes to go!  I quite like Motson, he's enthusiastic about football, and didn't tend to make it sound complicated; which a lot of commentators today, in many sports, tend to do.

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

A bit of context wouldn't go amiss; England were 2-1 down with three minutes to go!  I quite like Motson, he's enthusiastic about football, and didn't tend to make it sound complicated; which a lot of commentators today, in many sports, tend to do.

I meant Owen's celebration.

Hate to admit this but I liked Gerry Mcnee as a commentator .

He usually kept his personal shite out of his commentaries . Thought he was great at making dramatic moments sound unforgettable .

Gazza 3 goals to win us 8

Helicopter Sunday 1  at Easter road . Love him or hate him as many bears did .

For me . In Scotland . He was simply the best at this

10 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Hate to admit this but I liked Gerry Mcnee as a commentator .

He usually kept his personal shite out of his commentaries . Thought he was great at making dramatic moments sound unforgettable .

Gazza 3 goals to win us 8

Helicopter Sunday 1  at Easter road . Love him or hate him as many bears did .

For me . In Scotland . He was simply the best at this

"And it looks like Rangers are about to win the most unlikely championship ....and it's all over Alex mcleish is swamped by his backroom staff" or words to that effect at full time on helicopter Sunday . 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

"And it looks like Rangers are about to win the most unlikely championship ....and it's all over Alex mcleish is swamped by his backroom staff" or words to that effect at full time on helicopter Sunday . 

Immortal words and an unforgettable day to be alive 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I loved Brian Moore......"and it's away we go with Arsenal" sadly missed in the modern game

I'll always remember him saying "Roberto Baggio... the saviour of Italy... throughout this tournament" just before he sent the ball into orbit at USA '94. 

On 06/09/2017 at 22:02, siamthedanger said:

Haha really?! Did not know that mate. Not sure what team Begg supported but always seemed fair on the games..how times have changed. 

I am sure when he retired he or a family member admitted he was actually partial to ra Sellick. Never came across mind you on commentary. 

Grew up listening to him commentating with Barry Davies on MOTD and have to admit preferring Davies. As said before, and like Clive Tyldsley now, their commentating on England games is pure cringe. Motson is passed his sell by date, saw him on football focus on Saturday and he looks terrible.