De Boer a game away from sack

KWBear

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Or you pick the right team to manage.

it did seem like an odd job for him to take, following on from Allardyce, Pardew and Pulis.

Then to go and press the panic button after 4 games and revert back to a manager who will scrape you epl survival with horrible football seems mad.

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

De Boer  seems another Warburton football purist. Needs to realise you need to do your job (win games) while developing your ethos. Pragmatic while playing the long game.

Except he actually won trophies! ?

42 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

They'll be the 2nd club to sack him after less than half a season in charge.

Maybe he's just not a good manager?

Jonathan Wilson was calling that this to happen before the season even started. Did you hear him talking about it?

He is a dick taking the job in the first place.

That team is proper shit, who cares if its the EPL and all that jazz. Only a greedy fucker would join a club going no where except down....if it aint this season it will be one not too far away. Bad career choice.

32 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Jonathan Wilson was calling that this to happen before the season even started. Did you hear him talking about it?

I've got 100 notes on him to be first manager sacked. Put it on before a ball was kicked. I've been in Miami this last week so unless some cunt has been sacked I'm still on the way to being quids in 

spent fuck all (comparatively)

shite squad 

totally unproven 

Well, if Pedro gets the chop from us we could still offer DeBoer a crack at it.  The next Old Firm is just a couple weeks away and if we get pumped again the Pedro out movement will be back in full swing.  The timing of this could work in our favour.

Having said all that, are we after another football purist manager, or someone more like McInnes or McLeish?  It'll be interesting to see how things work out.

In the meantime I'll continue to root for Pedro and hope to fuck he delivers.  

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

are we after another football purist manager, or someone more like McInnes or McLeish? 

McInnes knows the shite in this league, and with our budget and pull he would do very well.

McLeish knows the league as it was 11 years ago. He'll definitely be out of touch with the current modern game.

Regardless of that, I really want Pedro to succeed. 

16 minutes ago, City_of_Blue said:

Regardless of that, I really want Pedro to succeed. 

I want him to succeed too but he's had a very shaky start to this season.  I think the next few weeks will make or break his time here. 

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Can't say I did. What was he saying?

I can't remember if it was on Football Weekly or the new podcast James Richardson is doing but he pretty much said that he suspected that it won't work for him at Palace because people had told him that de Boer is so ingrained in the Ajax culture and way of doing things that he will struggle to adapt to anything that isn't that.

12 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I want him to succeed too but he's had a very shaky start to this season.  I think the next few weeks will make or break his time here. 

Agreed but my annoying brain keeps telling me Alex Ferguson had a terrible start but look what happened ?

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

I've got 100 notes on him to be first manager sacked. Put it on before a ball was kicked. I've been in Miami this last week so unless some cunt has been sacked I'm still on the way to being quids in 

spent fuck all (comparatively)

shite squad 

totally unproven 

Unless Benetiz walks from Newcastle I think there's a fairly good chance that bet will come in. The only person I can see being sacked before him is Billic.

Flopped at inter too. Maybe he was just Ajax manager at the right time and it worked.

You look at palace and what he'd have had to work with here and I just can't see it ever having worked.

If he thought he could turn a Sam allardyce team into a stylish team, he misjudged it. Palace were never going to give him 6 months to bed in.

De Boer would have been better going for a better team in the EPL or even dropping into the championship, where he could have a bit more time to build a team.

If he gets sacked, I reckon he will end up back in holland somewhere.

Took Ronald koeman a bit of time to make his name as a manager maybe de Boer is going to be the same 

1 hour ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Must've got lucky winning 4 league titles in a row then

could have just been right place right time. Ronny deila won how many titles? Not saying he landed as lucky as deila, just saying could have been a bit fortunate. Time will tell in terms of how he does in the future.

5 hours ago, City_of_Blue said:

Agreed but my annoying brain keeps telling me Alex Ferguson had a terrible start but look what happened ?

Different era, bears no resemblance to the money driven mad EPL now, even the shite teams get megabucks now and because of that the chairman/board/fans expect instant success.

Ferguson  would have been sacked after no time at all if he started the same way nowadays.

The lifespan (of employment)of a manager in England is shockingly short.