De Boer a game away from sack

KWBear

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Probably not the popular opinion on here but there is absolutely nothing to suggest he is any better than Pedro. Both well respected in their own countries but done nothing yet outside of it. 

Pedro isn't Mexican so not quite correct.:happy:

Managing Rangers at the moment is a different prospect than managing an already succesful Ajax. Maybe in the future when we are back at the very top and have decent resources Frank could be an option but not as we stand.

4 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Pedro isn't Mexican so not quite correct.:happy:

Managing Rangers at the moment is a different prospect than managing an already succesful Ajax. Maybe in the future when we are back at the very top and have decent resources Frank could be an option but not as we stand.

You know what I mean! According to the OP In the taxi driver thread he is well loved in porturgal :whistle:

yes agreed we don't have the time an Recources to implement a philosophy like that. We need to be consistent in winning games and winning them now!

10 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

De Boer will go onto bigger sides than Palace will ever be. He has too much class and experience to be left out for long, should never have accepted that job at all.

Based on what? The 2 jobs hes had in the top leagues has lasted 5 league games in Italy and potentialy 4 in England.

Im sure Real Madrid will be keeping tabs on him ?

9 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Can't say I did. What was he saying?

Here's exactly what he said. It was after the Huddersfield game on the opening weekend.

"I did wonder about de Boer. Obviously his record at Ajax was brilliant - four titles - but there were sort of grumblings from Ajax fans about him and they didn't seem entirely convinced by the end, although Ajax fans are pretty demanding and I think occasionally unreasonably so and I think Inter are a basket case of a club, that many managers have failed at. It's not a black mark against you if you fail at Inter, but I did wonder, can de Boer do it outside of the Ajax framework, or is he somebody so born into that framework - in the same way that Frank Rijkaard's record outwith Barca as a manager is pretty bad - in the sense that he knows a way to play and he needs that system around him and when you are taking over from Big Sam it's a different style of football and that transition will not be east and it's already proving not to be."

See to be honest with you, even if he ends up out of a job and is available I'm not convinced he would be a good fit for us.

Maybe it's because I grew up and was influenced by Smith's era but I always think of Smith being a bit like a Pulis or an Allardyce in the sense that they are a bit defensively minded but well organised and workmanlike ans they usually rely on a couple of players who are real game changers rather than having a team full of them and being managers who obsess over playing good football and scoring the perfect goal. We've tried that three times in my life time (Adcocaat, PLG & Warburton) and outwith a couple of years under Advocaat, it's never really been that successful. It might not be as good to watch but I think the mor

10 hours ago, KWBear said:

I've got 100 notes on him to be first manager sacked. Put it on before a ball was kicked. I've been in Miami this last week so unless some cunt has been sacked I'm still on the way to being quids in 

spent fuck all (comparatively)

shite squad 

totally unproven 

Oh Miami.....look at you

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

do you think we would have given de boer time to get it right - simply because he is de boer? or would we have had the "get him to fuck" topics after a few games like we had/have with pedro?

I think we'd have the "get him and his tippy tappy football to fuck" threads whilst bemoaning route one football in another thread.

I tend to agree with @DBBTB in how I identify our style of play: winning football. Solid foundations with a game changer or two. Direct, but not necessarily long ball.

I think Smith and Sir Alex shared similar philosophies as managers and you could liken our style under Smith to an SPL version of Sir Alex's Man United team. Explosive when we got going, ruthless whilst also being hard as fuck to break down. We could play some damn good football and win but we could play some horrific games of football and still, ultimately, we'd usually win.

One thing that has frustrated me since Smith's departure is how soft our core has been under two managers (with the jury currently out on the third).

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Here's exactly what he said. It was after the Huddersfield game on the opening weekend.

"I did wonder about de Boer. Obviously his record at Ajax was brilliant - four titles - but there were sort of grumblings from Ajax fans about him and they didn't seem entirely convinced by the end, although Ajax fans are pretty demanding and I think occasionally unreasonably so and I think Inter are a basket case of a club, that many managers have failed at. It's not a black mark against you if you fail at Inter, but I did wonder, can de Boer do it outside of the Ajax framework, or is he somebody so born into that framework - in the same way that Frank Rijkaard's record outwith Barca as a manager is pretty bad - in the sense that he knows a way to play and he needs that system around him and when you are taking over from Big Sam it's a different style of football and that transition will not be east and it's already proving not to be."

See to be honest with you, even if he ends up out of a job and is available I'm not convinced he would be a good fit for us.

Maybe it's because I grew up and was influenced by Smith's era but I always think of Smith being a bit like a Pulis or an Allardyce in the sense that they are a bit defensively minded but well organised and workmanlike ans they usually rely on a couple of players who are real game changers rather than having a team full of them and being managers who obsess over playing good football and scoring the perfect goal. We've tried that three times in my life time (Adcocaat, PLG & Warburton) and outwith a couple of years under Advocaat, it's never really been that successful. It might not be as good to watch but I think the mor

I had always put him being sacked by Inter down to them being a bit of a shambles as well but when you look at some of the results they had under him they were horrendous.

He'll get sacked by Palace and end up back working at Ajax in some capacity IMO.

Managers have to adapt and it doesn't look like he can. He might have won titles in Holland using a particular style of football but he had the best squad in that league. Trying to integrate that same style into a team that's expected to fight relegation and has one of the worst squads in the league filled with players who are used to playing the complete opposite way was always going to be a disaster.

29 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

do you think we would have given de boer time to get it right - simply because he is de boer? or would we have had the "get him to fuck" topics after a few games like we had/have with pedro?

I think he'd have been given a bit more time by some posters just because of who he is. 

Some posters on here were against Pedro before he had even had his first game just because he wasn't De Boer.

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Feyenoord/PSV/Az Alkmaar would be a bit more challenging than Inverness Caley and Ross County mind you.

Feyenoord won the league last season for the first time in 18 years, AZ Alkmaar have won it twice in their history, the last being 9 seasons ago and PSV hadn't won the title since 2008 and then the first time they got the better of De Boer he resigned.

He's the Dutch Le Guen.

38 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Ronny Deila won league titles. Must be a cracking manager too eh?

Eh not really and you know fine well its different circumstances.

Ajax hadn't won a league title in 6 years before he was manager and not won one since he left. Hardly comparable

9 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Feyenoord won the league last season for the first time in 18 years, AZ Alkmaar have won it twice in their history, the last being 9 seasons ago and PSV hadn't won the title since 2008 and then the first time they got the better of De Boer he resigned.

He's the Dutch Le Guen.

So they have all won their league title more than Inverness Caley and Ross County, confirms my point really.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

So they have all won their league title more than Inverness Caley and Ross County, confirms my point really.

If your point was comparing 3 of the top teams in that league against 2 of the worst teams in ours then you're correct.

Maybe try and be a wee bit more balanced next time though.

9 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Ajax hadn't won a league title in 6 years before he was manager and not won one since he left. Hardly comparable

And then he jumped ship as soon as it went tits up for him.

Strømsgodset hadn't won the title in 43 years and haven't won one since Deila left them*

*I'm not being serious, clearly, but it's easy to say things like that to make someone seem like a great manager :lol:

10 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If your point was comparing 3 of the top teams in that league against 2 of the worst teams in ours then you're correct.

Maybe try and be a wee bit more balanced next time though.

No, my point was that other teams actually challenge and win the dutch league as well you know.

Ok, point taken so let's add a bit more balance, Aberdeen came closest to the beggars in our absence, what's their record like in winning the top league in Scotland? When did they last win it?

19 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Completely different circumstances indeed. Like the different circumstances in different leagues that De Boer can't atadpt do. 

Boom! Too easy!