De Boer a game away from sack

KWBear

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel sorry for De Boer. 

Being asked to change a Club's whole philosophy, with Dougie Freedman as DOF ( :confused: ) and not much money (in the grand scheme of the EPL) to change the first XI is a huge ask. 

Especially in the time frame they clearly desire. 

I'm not saying Frank is a fantastic Manager, but that's not his side and I highly doubt Freedman coming in was his choice. 

20 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Feel sorry for De Boer. 

Being asked to change a Club's whole philosophy, with Dougie Freedman as DOF ( :confused: ) and not much money (in the grand scheme of the EPL) to change the first XI is a huge ask. 

Especially in the time frame they clearly desire. 

I'm not saying Frank is a fantastic Manager, but that's not his side and I highly doubt Freedman coming in was his choice. 

I don't really feel that sorry for him because he should never have taken / applied for the Palace job.

I think most managers would take one look at Palace's team and know how to play.

de Boer might have been given a remit that included improving that style of play over time but to begin with you surely work with what you have and look to get the most out of it?

It's surely not hard to tell your defenders to mainly focus on defending rather than overplaying and to instruct your wingers and full backs to get early balls into the box for Benteke to attack or knock down for your midfield runners coming into the box.

It might be boring, old fashioned British football but it would work for Palace with the players they have available to them a lot better than whatever it is that de Boer is trying to do just now.

I think he will be sacked this week.

The board have hung him out to dry if the rumours are to be believed. They brought him in with a view to changing their philosophy, didn't back him up with the initial transfer funds promised, then punted him when it inevitably went tits up. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

The board have hung him out to dry if the rumours are to be believed. They brought him in with a view to changing their philosophy, didn't back him up with the initial transfer funds promised, then punted him when it inevitably went tits up. 

I think there's a degree of that too.

If you hire a manager and you are forced to sack him after 77 days then the CEO who hired him should probably be fearing for his job too.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think there's a degree of that too.

If you hire a manager and you are forced to sack him after 77 days then the CEO who hired him should probably be fearing for his job too.

In any other league that would probably be the case. But managers coming and going is so frequent in that league it is pretty much the norm. Clubs are so cash rich in the EPL that they'll not take any risks which might result in them being relegated. 

If they are still in this position come November/December you can bet the next manager will be out the door too. I remember Fulham going through 3 managers the season they went down. 

Crystal Palace Football Club have this morning parted company with Frank de Boer.

We would like to thank Frank for his dedication and hard work during his time at the Club.

A new manager will be appointed in due course and we wish Frank the very best of luck for the future.

There will be no further comment at this time.

:lol: