De Boer a game away from sack

KWBear

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Billythebear77 said:

Wait for the "we dodged a bullet" comments :lol:

Not so much dodged a bullet. I was all up De Boer. 

But from these past four games he's a man that's shown that he won't change his style of play and is dogmatic in pushing forwards his philosophy, regardless of the players he has or the opposition he's playing.... Remind you of anyone? 

16 minutes ago, cp9 said:

Not so much dodged a bullet. I was all up De Boer. 

But from these past four games he's a man that's shown that he won't change his style of play and is dogmatic in pushing forwards his philosophy, regardless of the players he has or the opposition he's playing.... Remind you of anyone? 

Not really fair to say that about him after 4 games though. After 10 or 15 games then fair enough. Plus he has mixed it up a wee bit during games going long to Benteke. 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

Not really fair to say that about him after 4 games though. After 10 or 15 games then fair enough. Plus he has mixed it up a wee bit during games going long to Benteke. 

I appreciate it's only 4 games and it's completely ludicrous that he's been sacked in that period of time.

But if he's the type of manager that puts a brand of football over winning matches then he's definitely not the guy we need in charge at the moment. 

22 minutes ago, cp9 said:

I appreciate it's only 4 games and it's completely ludicrous that he's been sacked in that period of time.

But if he's the type of manager that puts a brand of football over winning matches then he's definitely not the guy we need in charge at the moment. 

They knew the type of manager they were bringing in. I don't think he is as dogmatic as you say he is but his style was still always going to be a gamble in that league. They didn't back him properly and now they've hung him out to dry. 

if you watched the game yesterday they were by far the better team but for a crazy back pass and some bad misses they would have won  how can you blame the manager for that

as for saying it was his football ideas that cost them  most of the game they sent long balls up to benteke

52 minutes ago, billscott said:

if you watched the game yesterday they were by far the better team but for a crazy back pass and some bad misses they would have won  how can you blame the manager for that

as for saying it was his football ideas that cost them  most of the game they sent long balls up to benteke

Said the same yesterday, 22 attempts at goal, the manager is doing his job if the team can create so many chances away from home but he can do fuck all about the woeful finishing from his players, the English premiership is fucked, the panic button gets pressed all to easy nowadays....let's not be kidded slaven Bilic is in need of a win tonight or he could follow the same fate.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Said the same yesterday, 22 attempts at goal, the manager is doing his job if the team can create so many chances away from home but he can do fuck all about the woeful finishing from his players, the English premiership is fucked, the panic button gets pressed all to easy nowadays....let's not be kidded slaven Bilic is in need of a win tonight or he could follow the same fate.

i agree with you  but palace are a basketr case club a bit like  sunderland  de boer was silly to take that job  at least mcinnes had the brians to  turn the sunderland job down  now palace appoint hodgson  another joke  hope they go down they deserve it

It is absurd.

But by context, I read somewhere that Crystal Palace had a wage budget bigger than Scottish football combined (circa £65m).

Money has warped the rational out of English football. A club that have never won a major trophy, can have a wage budget bigger than the entire football pyramid in a neighbouring country.

De Boer had a bad start, but was given an impossible task. Money brings with it arrogance of expectation.

46 minutes ago, Badger said:

It is absurd.

But by context, I read somewhere that Crystal Palace had a wage budget bigger than Scottish football combined (circa £65m).

Money has warped the rational out of English football. A club that have never won a major trophy, can have a wage budget bigger than the entire football pyramid in a neighbouring country.

De Boer had a bad start, but was given an impossible task. Money brings with it arrogance of expectation.

the 2 games yesterday were both rubbish  so much for the premier league being the best in the world