Morelos

Billythebear77

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would never have signed him if it wasn't for JJ seeing him play.

Finding more gems like this is the way forward. Makes you wonder though how a team like HJK Helsinki can scout a player like him from Colombia and a team the size of Rangers struggle in that department.

1 hour ago, centenarystand said:

The difference is Ally missed 3 sitters for every goal he scored but  Morelos so far has a fantastic goals scored for chances missed ratio.

He certainly knows where the goal is and he will batter  the ball mostly on target in that direction , if it does not result in a goal chances are it will bounce of a defender or the goalie spills it resulting in another chance.

Alfs a goodun.

1 hour ago, philiprfc said:

If he keeps it up,  it'll no be long until he gets a call up from Colombia. I believe that's one of his main goals based off of what he said when he first signed.

We'll do well to keep him at this rate!

It will be while before he get a call up to the national team. At the moment we have many good strikers playing at good teams and he is behind strikers like Falcao, Muriel, Borja, Bacca, Santos Borre, Chara, Ibarguen and Teo to name a few for a spot in the team. His best chance will maybe be in few years in a friendly game. Hopefully he can continue to score many goals and in a few years time he can get call up. 

2 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Taigs will try to seriously injure him inside 15 minutes, guaranteed.

I hope the ref of that game has the balls to brandish cards. Morelos and Candeias will get booted in the first 15 minutes sadly.

I have to admit I didn't rate him at first but he has really proved me wrong. Looks a proper number 9 who is really suited to the British game. He is incredibly good in the air for his height and holds it up well. Add his instinctive finishing and we have the making of a great player. I do think he does need someone more creative with a bit of pace up alongside him and yes I was vocal that Kenny should be in the team at the start of the season. I admit that horse has ran its race though. Pass the humble pie!

2 minutes ago, denya said:

It will be while before he get a call up to the national team. At the moment we have many good strikers playing at good teams and he is behind strikers like Falcao, Muriel, Borja, Bacca, Santos Borre, Chara, Ibarguen and Teo to name a few for a spot in the team. His best chance will maybe be in few years in a friendly game. Hopefully he can continue to score many goals and in a few years time he can get call up. 

Fair enough mate, you'll be in a far better position to comment than I am. I have limited knowledge of the players you've mentioned, but having looked online I see that there's a few older guys in the setup and a few players only starting to make their breakthrough and not exactly established. Not gonna sit and pretend like celtic fans do with Dembele but you would think Alfredo, if he continues this form, that he'd definitely be on their radar in the next year or two?

Just now, philiprfc said:

Fair enough mate, you'll be in a far better position to comment than I am. I have limited knowledge of the players you've mentioned, but having looked online I see that there's a few older guys in the setup and a few players only starting to make their breakthrough and not exactly established. Not gonna sit and pretend like celtic fans do with Dembele but you would think Alfredo, if he continues this form, that he'd definitely be on their radar in the next year or two?

The only older ones I mention before was Falcao, Teo and Bacca. Pekerman likes Miguel Borja who is lead striker for Palmeiras and will move to Europe soon and Muriel who recently sign for Sevilla and they will be in the team for many years to come. The same with Santos Borre who  is on loan at River Plate at this moment and Ibarguen who recently move this year to Racing Club is a very good striker who has already been called to the national team and even Izquierdo who was scoring many goals at Club Brugge and Yimmy Chara who is playing very very good recently and played for us in the recent qualifiers last the past week all these players will be in the squad for many years. Pekerman at the moment will not change things for a while. I hope to see Morelos maybe in a few years get a call up for a friendly but I very much doubt he will be involved in competitive games. I hope he can continue to score goals and get himself on the radar but I doubt he will be near involved in any competitive games in next 2 years. 

2 hours ago, brazz1972 said:

We would never have signed him if it wasn't for JJ seeing him play.

Finding more gems like this is the way forward. Makes you wonder though how a team like HJK Helsinki can scout a player like him from Colombia and a team the size of Rangers struggle in that department.

Cos we've no had a scouting department for years mate.