Morelos

Billythebear77

1 hour ago, Brown Brogues said:

I have been really impressed with Morelos in the last few games. He is still pretty raw interms of his overall game but he's still only 21 or something. 

I really like how he finds the net without doing anything spectacular, just a bit of movement and Boof, in the net. His hold up play and aerial ability are also very good. 

Now im not directly comparing him to Kris Boyd because he obviously more mobile and quicker etc but im sensing early on that he has that 'goal out of nothing' trait that Boyd had, we have been lacking that for years now. 

Can people stop speaking about Boyd and McCoist? At their peaks these guys scored a lot of goals playing in better teams. They had an eye for goal, yes, but they both had other strikers to feed off and to chip in with the odd goal. Wouldn't mind seeing Alfie alongside Hateley......

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, fergie86 said:

Can people stop speaking about Boyd and McCoist? At their peaks these guys scored a lot of goals playing in better teams. They had an eye for goal, yes, but they both had other strikers to feed off and to chip in with the odd goal. Wouldn't mind seeing Alfie alongside Hateley......

An eye for goal isnt dependant on whether you play in a front 2 or lone striker. He seems to be an instinctive striker like Boyd and McCoist, so the comparisons are justified. 

It really is like Waghorn was the poor man's Morelos all along, they have very similar attributes but Super Alfie is a far better player already.

Morelos uses his strength well, bullies defenders at times. Not shy to have a dig with either foot and most importantly is starting to consistently bang that net.

Fucking great wee player 

6 hours ago, miracle said:

Did he mean his second goal?  If he did he's a genius and we'll do well to have him past the January window.

I thought it was a cross at the time but I've watched it back since and he's definitely went for goal. He's the type of striker that will try for a goal out of anything and with that comes success.

Hopefully we start to value our players as to what they're worth in todays market. 

If he gets 25 and more and we see the papers running with £6 million rated striker and accept it you can get to fuck. 

I'll be fully expecting him to be linked with a £30 million move from Milan to PSG obviously. 

11 hours ago, miracle said:

Did he mean his second goal?  If he did he's a genius and we'll do well to have him past the January window.

more I watch that goal, more I am convinced that he did mean it as it was hit with a fair amount of power plus when he sees the goal he tends to want to shoot.

your January comment is just stupid.

On 09/09/2017 at 17:26, K.A.I said:

Also to add - he's not a one-trick poney, either.

Look at the goals he's scored so far - all different types - headers, poaching, good finishes.

Check out his new you tube video.shows his best bits .goals assists etc playing for club and country also a few gers clips on it

Your 100pc right.he scores all types of goals .best signing in years and could even turn out one of the best pieces of business in our long history