Miller And Kranjcar

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niko would be playing at a far higher level if he could be arsed. But myself and probably many others knew exactly what we were getting when MW brought him here. He's a waste of a wage. Cameo roles where you could make a fucking wonderful Youtube compilation but other than 2 or 3 moments of magic he offers nothing. Imagine if he started against the fenians.....

As for Miller, time to sit it out. 

Both passengers today. Miller usually okay but Niko is a luxury we cannot afford. Rangers teams have always carried a flair player but those have been higher standard teams than we have now. Add heidless Tav into the mix and we struggle against the stronger teams.

Both I feel , given they are towards the very end of their top level careers, should really be used as impact substitutes. I would assume we are actively looking for quality replacements for their places in the squad . I hope that by start of next season we have fully replaced them and we can thank them for their service . Miller in particular 

Can we not offer them coaching roles as a subtle way of hinting that it's time to retire?

Niko has no pace but the mental side is still there at a much reduced level. He knows what he should be doing but doesn't have the physical capability to do it anymore.

Miller is almost the exact opposite, he still runs around a lot but at a slower pace. He seems to have completely lost whatever game awareness he had and become even more of a headless chicken with no clue what he's meant to be doing.

Just now, shaka said:

Can we not offer them coaching roles as a subtle way of hinting that it's time to retire?

Niko has no pace but the mental side is still there at a much reduced level. He knows what he should be doing but doesn't have the physical capability to do it anymore.

Miller is almost the exact opposite, he still runs around a lot but at a slower pace. He seems to have completely lost whatever game awareness he had and become even more of a headless chicken with no clue what he's meant to be doing.

We are an employer not a charity.

Drop them.

Encourage them to prolong their careers elsewhere.

55 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

They both look finished to me.

The younger players who should be pushing HARD for these 2 starting places aren't really battering the door down though,need to see a lot more from Windass,Herrera,Hardy etc

I see a lot of folk blaming the manager for continually playing them but the younger guys should really be making the managers mind up for him.A young hungry professional should be embarrassed getting kept out the team by a 37 year old who thinks he's Andreas Pirlo

We looked much better when both came off and got replaced by younger players. They could both potentially still have a role to play this season but it's most likely to be as late substitutes rather than starters.  Time to give the younger players a chance in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Both passengers today. Miller usually okay but Niko is a luxury we cannot afford. Rangers teams have always carried a flair player but those have been higher standard teams than we have now. Add heidless Tav into the mix and we struggle against the stronger teams.

"Usually ok"

He is Glasgow Rangers no 9 and is not scoring goals or getting assists. Have a look at the other thread, his contribution towards goals is awful.

In addition to that, time and again our play breaks down when he loses possession. Especially when we counter.

He should have been released last season. He is not the player or one of 5 captains Pedro and Miller himself believe him to be.

16 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We are an employer not a charity.

Drop them.

Encourage them to prolong their careers elsewhere.

They have contracts so we can't just release them but maybe getting them more involved in a coaching capacity might encourage them to either retire and become coaches or look elsewhere to continue playing at a lower level.

2 minutes ago, shaka said:

They have contracts so we can't just release them but maybe getting them more involved in a coaching capacity might encourage them to either retire and become coaches or look elsewhere to continue playing at a lower level.

I didn't say release them.

I said drop them. Come January look to let them go to somewhere they'll both get games and extend their careers. That shouldn't be here.

Why move them into coaching if a) there's no vacancies b) they may not have badges.

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Oh goody - came home after a 4-1 win but would have been dissapointed if we didn't have some negative threads 

We improved after they went off.

We could have won by more.

They contributed so little. Again.

Why should the topic not be discussed honestly?

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We improved after they went off.

We could have won by more.

They contributed so little. Again.

Why should the topic not be discussed honestly?

They did the hard graft - the team benefited from there 60 min - Miller was instrumental in our opening goal and niko supplied some much needed class - there's an honest discussion! But negativity - seems to equal 'honesty' but it's not - anyway I enjoyed the win that they contributed to 

Yes I thought they did Miller had 3-4 opportunities to score but didn't but at least got in those positions - some of Nikon play was class - but it was not their best games but certainly would not call for them to be dropped based on today - also as it's a team game they started we won well - they get cudos for that