Miller And Kranjcar

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We can't be happy to win, and also have an honest footballing discussion? 

If only that 'honest' discussion was not so negative all the time - these two players were starter in a 4-1 win - you'd think we had achieved that with only 9 men looking at some of the comments and folk do not acknowledge the contribution they made. 

It's a shame to see Kenny going down hill so quick this season. The bit that stood out for me was when he picked up the ball on the left cut into the middle, went past a man then passed it straight to one of their players which ended up with Dundee nearly getting a chance on our goal. The other was his missed chance near the start. Why did he not hit it first time. Think this season is 1 too far for him. 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

If only that 'honest' discussion was not so negative all the time - these two players were starter in a 4-1 win - you'd think we had achieved that with only 9 men looking at some of the comments and folk do not acknowledge the contribution they made. 

Always up for discussing Peter.  What contribution did Miller and Niko make to the 4-1, in your opinion of course?

We carried Niko today, not so much Miller, but he had a lot of unforced errors.

2 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss said:

Always up for discussing Peter.  What contribution did Miller and Niko make to the 4-1, in your opinion of course?

We carried Niko today, not so much Miller, but he had a lot of unforced errors.

Miller had 3-4 chances so was obviously getting into good positions and set up the crucial first goal - niko was making things happen and stretching and tiring out Dundee - was it perfect by neither, no - but it was not the car crash many on here imply either. 

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Miller had 3-4 chances so was obviously getting into good positions and set up the crucial first goal - niko was making things happen and stretching and tiring out Dundee - was it perfect by neither, no - but it was not the car crash many on here imply either. 

Miller really did feel like a car crash. Good way of describing it. 

21 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Both great players in there day but its time for Pedro to look to the younger guys to start. We looked so much better once Windass and Pena came on.

We did - but they came on after the game had opened up and we had scored that crucial opening goal - which miller helped set up! 

13 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We did - but they came on after the game had opened up and we had scored that crucial opening goal - which miller helped set up! 

Give it a rest mate both missed sitters today and off the pace. I respect all the players that play for us and no one is implying they are stealing a wage etc like some of warburton signings but windass and Pena or Herrera are better options moving forward, 

What we should be asking is why does Pedro insist on giving Miller a start every week when it's pretty obvious to everyone that a lot of the play is breaking down for us when he gets possession mostly with misplaced passes, now when I say it's obvious to us then I'm sure that it's also obvious to him so why does he still  insist in giving him start?, he obviously wants to play with 2 up front so could it be that he doesn't trust any of the other candidates, Herrera has done nothing of note for me so far and may be carrying a knock, Pena isn't fit yet but is hopefully not to far away, Windass is constantly getting injured that leaves Hardie,  I agree that unfortunately this season is one to much for Miller but until those others get fit and can prove they can go the full 90mins or up their game, much as it pains me to say it, it looks like Miller will be a starter.

1 hour ago, Blackandra said:

It's a shame to see Kenny going down hill so quick this season. The bit that stood out for me was when he picked up the ball on the left cut into the middle, went past a man then passed it straight to one of their players which ended up with Dundee nearly getting a chance on our goal. The other was his missed chance near the start. Why did he not hit it first time. Think this season is 1 too far for him. 

Can see it written on his face he knows it too. Shame for the guy but he's had a long career, everything comes to an end eventually. 

25 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Give it a rest mate both missed sitters today and off the pace. I respect all the players that play for us and no one is implying they are stealing a wage etc like some of warburton signings but windass and Pena or Herrera are better options moving forward, 

No player ever gets 10 out of 10 every game but they are no where near as bad as some would make out - Penna, despite scoring today  shows less than miller and niko - windass played well and has made a case for a starting role - but this seems to be an age thing with many - if the old adage 'of your good enough your old enough' applies then  basically we are saying age should not be a factor ! 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I wouldn't call it a car crash, but when we are making progress in so many other areas of the park, these 2 stand out as, IMO, moving backwards from last year.  I don't agree that Niko was stretching and tiring out Dundee, but I do agree that Kenny had a few chances, of which 1 in particular Kenny of old would have buried instead of kicking straight at the keeper.  Also, how many passes did he give to them whilst under no pressure whatsoever?

He got away with it today as Dundee were shite, but against Tims, Aberdeen and StJ coming up, those amateur mistakes will cost us.  

In fact, changed my mind, car crash is a good analogy.

33 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Can see it written on his face he knows it too. Shame for the guy but he's had a long career, everything comes to an end eventually. 

He can (in my opinion) finish this season with his head held high. Hes been a great servant to us but he's done and shouldn't be starting games. I think we'll see him phased out throughout the season. 

2 hours ago, thebooler said:

I like Krancjar coming off the bench when we're struggling to break down defences.

Miller is done. His 2nd touch is usually a tackle, and he actually breaks down our moves.

Spot on booler. Miller actually is a hindering influence on the team, doesn't hold his position, drops deep and then doesn't have the legs to get back in. 

35 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No player ever gets 10 out of 10 every game but they are no where near as bad as some would make out - Penna, despite scoring today  shows less than miller and niko - windass played well and has made a case for a starting role - but this seems to be an age thing with many - if the old adage 'of your good enough your old enough' applies then  basically we are saying age should not be a factor ! 

Thing with miller is that he looks worse than last season and when you start looking worse than the season before at his age than you ain't getting any better. 

39 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Well actually in this case the phrase would then be if you're good enough you're young enough. Funnily enough that's not a phrase, nor are they good enough any longer.

Re miller specifically, you are implying that even though he wasn't great he should retain his starting spot as we won. You are actually crediting a Rangers no 9 for the ability to get into a position to score (let's ignore that others did the work to find him in space as much as his positional awareness), despite missing every chance that came his way. A Rangers number 9.

That's horrific in terms of acceptance of mediocrity. How standards have fallen. He has played more minutes than any other outfield player I'd imagine. His return for that is pathetic.

And getting back to age, what message is it to the likes of young Hardie that he cant get a game yet that dud is still selected.

Miller is past it, and it will be to our detriment and Pedro's downfall if he and niko continue to be selected.

You'd think no other number 9 had barren spells ! Or a number 9 should score every week - or even that miller is playing in a number 9 position. 

Im of the opinion he hasn't done much wrong - nothing to warrant being dropped - he's just the latest 'boo' boy for our support. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You'd think no other number 9 had barren spells ! Or a number 9 should score every week - or even that miller is playing in a number 9 position. 

Im of the opinion he hasn't done much wrong - nothing to warrant being dropped - he's just the latest 'boo' boy for our support. 

Both are finished. End of.

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Pretty barren last season, at least there's consistency with how he's started this term.

Missing so many opportunities is wrong - that's the role of a striker.

That you can't see that, or refuse to as you believe any form of criticism of your selected favourites is treachery, is pathetic.

Miller and Kranjar shouldn't be starting anymore.  Pena deserves a run through the middle supporting the strikers.  I'd also like to see the two young loan prospects getting game time over on that left-wing.  The next two games are against Partick so it's a good opportunity to get these guys in and up to speed.