Scott Allan

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:52, jintybear said:

See to be honest for £10k per week he probably wasn't giving a fuck.

The lad was probably on £500/week at Hibs in the Championship.  celtic put a contract in front of him that's rumoured to be 10k/week over the course of 4 years effectively making him a millionaire.  Probably not the best footballing decision but the right one in terms of his financial security and I think I'm right in saying he has a young family.  He isn't good enough to play for us anyway so watching him sponge a wage off celtic for the next few years will be nice. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The lad was probably on £500/week at Hibs in the Championship.  celtic put a contract in front of him that's rumoured to be 10k/week over the course of 4 years effectively making him a millionaire.  Probably not the best footballing decision but the right one in terms of his financial security and I think I'm right in saying he has a young family.  He isn't good enough to play for us anyway so watching him sponge a wage off celtic for the next few years will be nice. 

I actually agree with everything you say here about financial security, who wouldn't want to jump from hundreds per week to thousands? It's the way he done it and things he said afterwards that pisses off a lot of people.

4 hours ago, jintybear said:

I actually agree with everything you say here about financial security, who wouldn't want to jump from hundreds per week to thousands? It's the way he done it and things he said afterwards that pisses off a lot of people.

If it was to play for them, not me.

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If it was to play for them, not me.

I was talking about in general. I actually think for £10k a week there's not many folk would say no, not even to them if I'm honest. It's ok for us all to say no way would I wear that rag on my body but in reality if you were faced with staying at hibs for £500 per week or going to the scabs in the east for £10k. It's a no brainer. There was never any guarantee that we would have went back in for him in the January and hibs made it more than clear they would never sell to us. He made a huge mistake career wise but financially he'll be stable for the rest of his life.

20 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I was talking about in general. I actually think for £10k a week there's not many folk would say no, not even to them if I'm honest. It's ok for us all to say no way would I wear that rag on my body but in reality if you were faced with staying at hibs for £500 per week or going to the scabs in the east for £10k. It's a no brainer. There was never any guarantee that we would have went back in for him in the January and hibs made it more than clear they would never sell to us. He made a huge mistake career wise but financially he'll be stable for the rest of his life.

They're probably the only club I'd never play for.