One transfer window away from being bloody good!

Must admit, Pedro is starting to win me over. Still many questions to be asked of him, and the first old firm match will be a real marker of how far we have come on.

Overall, his recruitment has been impressive.

1. Bruno - So much of an improvement over what we had. Calm with the ball at his feet, can put himself about when needed. Big upgrade on Hill, who himself was one of our better players.

2. Cardoso - Looks to be a good prospect. Can be a bit suspect at times, but young guy who is assured with the ball at his feet. Big upgrade on the frankly awful Kiernan.

3. Jack - Outstanding so far. Breaks up play well, makes surprisingly decent forward runs which I was not expecting from him. Massive improvement on Halliday.

4. Dorrans - Seems a tidy player, if not as influential as I may have expected. Much rather have him in the team than Holt, but still got something to prove I think.

5. Candias - Superb signing. Workrate, delivery, physicality and skill. Perfect match for the scottish game. 5 times the player of the spiceboys O'haloran and Forrester. Also his inclusion seems to help Tav out big time.

6. Moreles - What a fucking find! Get the boy tied up on a longer term contract! Waghorn and Garner might have had a good start at their new clubs, but they couldnt put the ball in the back of the net here. Morales cant stop scoring.

7. Pena - Still questions out on what the deal is with him not starting games. Makes fantastic runs, but has a very suspect touch. Took his goal well. More time needed to assess him, but got a good feeling about him.

8. Herrera - Cant get in the team due to Moreles, not really seen enough to judge. Good addition as a squad player I suspect.

9. The Dalco - Seems pish, but is only on loan. Expect he just wanted to have a look at him and I doubt we are paying very much at all for him.

10 / 11. John & Nemane - Time will tell.

We have a few places to upgrade on. Miller as great a pro as he is, is coming to the end of his career. If we can replace him with someone of real quality, then we take a big step forward.

Niko, great talent, but his legs have just gone. Probably more suited to an MLS style league now than a physical league like ours.

If we can add 2 quality players in the next window, then I think we will be in good shape. The window after that, add another couple. No massive squad overhauls are needed now, we have a decent core. For the first time in a good while I think we have a good base to really build on and start to honestly think about making a challenge for the league from as early as next season.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've long said Pedro has a decent first team, but not strength in depth. It is his squad though, and results need to be good enough to keep him in a job until January when I'd hope we can strengthen again.

Imo we are 2 injuries (morelos and jack) away from being in trouble.

We are going in the right direction but Pedro really has to now get our strongest 11 on from the start. And that means dropping Miller and niko.

What a clusterfuck of a thread  

We are bang average, with (in the main) average players and an average dugout. 

There will be a fuckin meltdown in here in 2 weeks time. If you found that encouraging today then youre in fairyland 

Miles short. 

30 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Must admit, Pedro is starting to win me over. Still many questions to be asked of him, and the first old firm match will be a real marker of how far we have come on.

1. Bruno - So much of an improvement over what we had. Calm with the ball at his feet, can put himself about when needed. Big upgrade on Hill, who himself was one of our better players.

2. Cardoso - Looks to be a good prospect. Can be a bit suspect at times, but young guy who is assured with the ball at his feet. Big upgrade on the frankly awful Kiernan.

3. Jack - Outstanding so far. Breaks up play well, makes surprisingly decent forward runs which I was not expecting from him. Massive improvement on Halliday.

4. Dorrans - Seems a tidy player, if not as influential as I may have expected. Much rather have him in the team than Holt, but still got something to prove I think.

5. Candias - Superb signing. Workrate, delivery, physicality and skill. Perfect match for the scottish game. 5 times the player of the spiceboys O'haloran and Forrester. Also his inclusion seems to help Tav out big time.

6. Moreles - What a fucking find! Get the boy tied up on a longer term contract! Waghorn and Garner might have had a good start at their new clubs, but they couldnt put the ball in the back of the net here. Morales cant stop scoring.

7. Pena - Still questions out on what the deal is with him not starting games. Makes fantastic runs, but has a very suspect touch. Took his goal well. More time needed to assess him, but got a good feeling about him.

8. Herrera - Cant get in the team due to Moreles, not really seen enough to judge. Good addition as a squad player I suspect.

9. The Dalco - Seems pish, but is only on loan. Expect he just wanted to have a look at him and I doubt we are paying very much at all for him.

We have a few places to upgrade on. Miller as great a pro as he is, is coming to the end of his career. If we can replace him with someone of real quality, then we take a big step forward.

Niko, great talent, but his legs have just gone. Probably more suited to an MLS style league now than a physical league like ours.

If we can add 2 quality players in the next window, then I think we will be in good shape. The window after that, add another couple. No massive squad overhauls are needed now, we have a decent core. For the first time in a good while I think we have a good base to really build on and start to honestly think about making a challenge for the league from as early as next season.

Id agree with most of that . The only thing I would say is that it was always my impression that Herrera was there to play alongside Morelos and not instead of . I just wish PC would give the partnership a bit of time to see if it can work . 

40 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

What a clusterfuck of a thread  

We are bang average, with (in the main) average players and an average dugout. 

There will be a fuckin meltdown in here in 2 weeks time. If you found that encouraging today then youre in fairyland 

Miles short. 

Yip. This place is Bi Polared out its nut

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

3 brilliant posts tonight . Hell you are on a roll mate

My additions

Goalkeeper will cost again and again in games we are under pressure .

Tav may have improved but his defending is still unacceptable

Wallace is just not good enough

The new players in central defence are what's making us more solid

I agree with all the things you said about all the others

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Bit of an exaggeration, today's game was one of the most boring games I've seen in a while, we might be close to being better than the rest but we're nowhere near being an exciting team to watch

I'd take boring and winning than what we had last year. 

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

My additions

Goalkeeper will cost again and again in games we are under pressure .

Tav may have improved but his defending is still unacceptable

Wallace is just not good enough

The new players in central defence are what's making us more solid

I agree with all the things you said about all the others

You seem to have it in for Fods every week, did he shag your burd (or refuse to shag you?).  :cheers:

We are still a work in progress but the improvements are encouraging though that first 20 of the second half were a worry.  

I do believe in Pedro and have never wanted him out even after the Europa game. I said we needed to give him time.

However I think we still need to improve by a distance. Today before the first goal we were too slow and if Dundee were better they could have picked us off at the counter attack.

I hate saying this but if we are slow or leave ourselves short against the tims or even the sheep then they will score a few.

I am still concerned about the OF game. They will raise their game as will we but I don't think we are anywhere near their level for free flowing or movement. We need to score first.

We just look disjointed from central midfield to strikers outwith the Buffalo.  Pedro needs to get the team and tactics right against BJK.

It would be a real marker if we could pull off a win.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I've long said Pedro has a decent first team, but not strength in depth. It is his squad though, and results need to be good enough to keep him in a job until January when I'd hope we can strengthen again.

Imo we are 2 injuries (morelos and jack) away from being in trouble.

We are going in the right direction but Pedro really has to now get our strongest 11 on from the start. And that means dropping Miller and niko.

Pretty much spot on tho' I would think that if Jack got injured Rossiter would be able to cover

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Bit of an exaggeration, today's game was one of the most boring games I've seen in a while, we might be close to being better than the rest but we're nowhere near being an exciting team to watch

Missed the Hearts game? :lol: