*** The Official Partick Thistle vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

I can see Pedro sticking with the same starting 11 unfortunately. I think windass has got to start ahead of Kranjcar. From the bench he scores and assists which was far more than Niko did.

An extra man in midfield may help but I can't see Pena starting so it's likely to be the marauding miller who gets the nod again.

Wont be an easy game so just need graft and concentration and get a one goal win. 3 points and continuing the momentum is the most important thing.

Looking forward to this one (my first away game of the season).

However, one thing I'm not looking forward to, is Kenny starting up front yet again!

I'd like to see us start the game with Windass in for Niko and Pena for Miller like the subs against Dundee.

33 minutes ago, Gustav said:

We won all 4 games against them last season...

I mean performance wise. Two of those games we were getting beat with less than 10 mins remaining.

In fact thinking back over the past 10-15 years or so when we've played them we never seem to win comfortably. 

8 hours ago, Gustav said:

6 points from our last 2 games with 7 scored, I don't think it's a massive issue.

Against 2 relegation candidates. Our previous two against teams who will be in the top 6 with us it clearly didn't work. It will be an issue again, in the more difficult matches and will cost us in the Old Firm match too. We might get away with against the leagues shite but it doesn't work for the team. 

5 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Dorrans has done same job as jack has yet jack gets all the praise? Dorrans is doing the job he's told to do. 

Jack has been influential, Dorrans has done nothing. He is just there, taking up a space in the team doing nothing. Jack is actually looking like the CDM we were needing last year. Dorrans has been anonymous. 

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:45, dee9 said:

So  important we get the 3 points before heading into the old firm. Miller and kranjcar have to be dropped surely.

No. They lull the opposition into a false sense of security, then we bring on effective players and bang! Suckered.

9 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I can see Pedro sticking with the same starting 11 unfortunately. I think windass has got to start ahead of Kranjcar. From the bench he scores and assists which was far more than Niko did.

An extra man in midfield may help but I can't see Pena starting so it's likely to be the marauding miller who gets the nod again.

Wont be an easy game so just need graft and concentration and get a one goal win. 3 points and continuing the momentum is the most important thing.

I think he will start with Windass. Other than that then the same team.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 13:44, .Williamson. said:

Next home game I can get to is Aberdeen. Just constant away games now for ages 

Just keep an eye on that mate, as if we win the cup game next Tuesday the semi final will be that weekend (if it's the Oct 21st game you mean)

1 minute ago, mus said:

Just keep an eye on that mate, as if we win the cup game next Tuesday the semi final will be that weekend (if it's the Oct 21st game you mean)

Aye, I realised that yesterday when I was looking at fixtures. 

I'd like to think ill not be at that game on that date next month then :lol: 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye, I realised that yesterday when I was looking at fixtures. 

I'd like to think ill not be at that game on that date next month then :lol: 

Hopefully you are right, the wifes aunt and uncle were coming over from Londonderry for that game but have changed it for the Partick game on the 4th Nov

A 0-4 win and were top of the league. Might not be for long, but after last season the aim was always to be as close to the green shitehawks come the first game against them at Ibrox.

It's going to be a massive 10 days in the league and cup. By next Saturday evening we might be into the next round and top of the league with an OF win at home, what a marker that would be. 

One game at a time and all that but fuck it let us dream.

Come on Rangers, make this a reality for us! :rangers:

5 minutes ago, City_of_Blue said:

A 0-4 win and were top of the league. Might not be for long, but after last season the aim was always to be as close to the green shitehawks come the first game against them at Ibrox.

It's going to be a massive 10 days in the league and cup. By next Saturday evening we might be into the next round and top of the league with an OF win at home, what a marker that would be. 

One game at a time and all that but fuck it let us dream.

Come on Rangers, make this a reality for us! :rangers:

Yep, as much as I'll take a win, a 4 nil result puting us (even if only til sat) top of the league would be an incredible feeling.

Would also set us up great in the league for next weekend.

An aggressive line up minus Miller and Niko and this achievable.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I thought Thistle would be top 6 again this season but they've had a shocking start to the season. 

Walking down from uni for this one, one of the only away games I'll be sober at:lol:

Think 3-1 will do it, another Morelos double

Sober at uni? On a Friday?

Have a word with yourself man.