The Dalcio

MrMckee

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

This guy hasn't had a lot of game time so I'll hold off unlike a lot of people on here and see what he has to offer - if anything - after getting a fair amount of chances.

Different approach from that you afforded morelos then...:thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Different approach from that you afforded morelos then...:thumbsup:

Yup pretty much - once burned twice shy.

To be honest, I didn't really hate on Morelos, I just thought the praise he was getting before he even kicked a ball for us was a bit OTT. I was also aware of where he came from, and let's be honest it's not the best quality league he was in. But neither is Scottish football I suppose.

I just hope both these players kick on and do good things for us.

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Yup pretty much - once burned twice shy.

To be honest, I didn't really hate on Morelos, I just thought the praise he was getting before he even kicked a ball for us was a bit OTT. I was also aware of where he came from, and let's be honest it's not the best quality league he was in. But neither is Scottish football I suppose.

I just hope both these players kick on and do good things for us.

?

We've all been there. 

Snap, early judgements often prove poor.

Good man for admitting it.

8 hours ago, trueblueal said:

We have had a very good ratio of success for the new signings. If Dalcio who is a cheap loan is the only one we can write off then that's pretty decent 

thats pretty good going; if we can beat thistle comfortably for the next two games; i think we'll have some decent momentum to get some serious damage done and prove some doubters wrong mon Pedro!

8 hours ago, gregswanson said:

thats pretty good going; if we can beat thistle comfortably for the next two games; i think we'll have some decent momentum to get some serious damage done and prove some doubters wrong mon Pedro!

Mon Rangers.

18 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah first half at home he was ok then faded.

Second game he looked clueless. Wouldn't say it was the worst ever but he didn't even look like a professional footballer. But then so many escaped due criticism that night with much of the flak being directed at the manager.

I wouldn't be upset if he did get another chance, perhaps from the bench, if we were doing well.

Given Pedro keeps playing Miller and to an extent Niko, I don't think his judgement is perfect.

Not one I'm really bothered about tho tbh.

I can understand him playing Miller to an extent - he has a lot of power in the dressing room and friends in the press...

Niko though... he has neither of the above nor the ability for his body to do what his brain is telling it.

I think Dalcio should have gone after the Niederkorn game because his performance was a joke, but if he gets another few games off the bench while we are winning then I don't think it would be the end of the world. I mean Salim Kerkar was kept on for a season and a half.

Besides, i'm lead to believe Dalcio is actually a CM not a winger. Or at least that is where he played for Benfica B. Doesn't make much sense cause he couldn't really pass a ball but you never know.

On 10/09/2017 at 22:11, McEwan's Lager said:

He wasn't too bad in the first game against Niederkorn.

But his performance away to Niederkorn was the worst I've ever seen in a Gers shirt.

He only played the second half too.

If we were to drop everyone that played shite in that 2nd leg and never play them again we'd be struggling to put a team out most weeks.

On 11/09/2017 at 09:51, Jack The Flipper said:

This guy hasn't had a lot of game time so I'll hold off unlike a lot of people on here and see what he has to offer - if anything - after getting a fair amount of chances.

I agree with that, people were very quick to write off a few of the players including Candeias early stages. I think given more game time he could end up proving people wrong maybe? You never know, I'll be killing myself laughing if he does hahaha to see the look on people's faces and a very welcoming one as well, I'm sure everyone would love to see the Dalcio turn out good considering it would add to the depth in our team. Imagine him playing a blinder where he becomes another Candeias? hahaha :lol:

On 12/09/2017 at 02:36, McEwan's Lager said:

I can understand him playing Miller to an extent - he has a lot of power in the dressing room and friends in the press...

Niko though... he has neither of the above nor the ability for his body to do what his brain is telling it.

I think Dalcio should have gone after the Niederkorn game because his performance was a joke, but if he gets another few games off the bench while we are winning then I don't think it would be the end of the world. I mean Salim Kerkar was kept on for a season and a half.

Besides, i'm lead to believe Dalcio is actually a CM not a winger. Or at least that is where he played for Benfica B. Doesn't make much sense cause he couldn't really pass a ball but you never know.

Let's be brutally honest here, how many of the players played outstandingly well against Progreś Niederkorn? Exactly, yet look at them now. Dalcio is a young player, it could've been the pressure playing in front of that crowd that buckled him, maybe he could come good? Who knows, either way we're fine as we are anyway and even if he was to get his chance he'd have to fight his way in.

33 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Let's be brutally honest here, how many of the players played outstandingly well against Progreś Niederkorn? Exactly, yet look at them now. Dalcio is a young player, it could've been the pressure playing in front of that crowd that buckled him, maybe he could come good? Who knows, either way we're fine as we are anyway and even if he was to get his chance he'd have to fight his way in.

At one stage he was trying to do Marseille turns and in terms of the crowd he was playing in front of less than 5,000 people...

33 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

At one stage he was trying to do Marseille turns and in terms of the crowd he was playing in front of less than 5,000 people...

Sorry I should have mentioned Ibrox when he played in front of 50,000. You're right though, but to be fair to the boy that was when the whole team played gash that game and is harsh to judge a player based on one game. I will say however there's obviously a reason Pedro hasn't played him since, probably feels at the current time he isn't quite ready or sees him as fringe player. Can't complain when Windass has been impressive plus now we have that boy Declan John who can play in there and although I would never personally place Kranjcar out wide left he had been placed there which tells you something.

Overall can't complain as he was only a loan signing and I think in my personal opinion he's the only signing I don't see succeeding.