***The Official Rangers in Canada Thread***

BEE

23 hours ago, Canadaready said:

Any idea on the presale info?

Wow. You're alive!! 

You'll be glad to know the great site you created is still as good as it used to be and isn't full of little cliques and just downright arseholes at all. 

It's exactly like you left it. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flights booked and ticket bought but as I live in Canada that was a no brainer.

Thanksgiving weekend so expect a few places to be shut. A bottle of Blue will set you back about $5 in a tavern but if they have it draft get a pitcher (3-4 pints) for around $15. Food is edible and decently priced.

3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Its only the government in Canada that's allowed to sell alcohol. 

Think we will take a boat from Greenock like we did 100 years ago? 

Obviously we won't, but got to say i would love to sail across the Atlantic Ocean. Keep as south as possible so we dont end up like the Titanic. 

Had relatives who immigrated n the 60's by boat, would be interesting.    Wouldn't risk taking a boat into Greenock, someone would nick it. 

55 minutes ago, ryan_rfc said:

I'm living in Toronto got my ticket today

Does anyone know the best way for me to get to Hamilton or of any buses going I stay in the high park area?

http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/en/schedules/triplinx_planner.aspx

I have a friend who is waiting to hear if the local RSCs are running buses, so check with them.  

47 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Union station M8, take the GO train.

54 minutes ago, cstamomusa said:

http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/en/schedules/triplinx_planner.aspx

I have a friend who is waiting to hear if the local RSCs are running buses, so check with them.  

Ideal thanks, should I book it in advance do you think?

Is there anything round about Hamilton worth checking out and maybe staying over for a day or two (I've seen Niagara).

Looking forward to it!

5 minutes ago, ryan_rfc said:

Ideal thanks, should I book it in advance do you think?

Is there anything round about Hamilton worth checking out and maybe staying over for a day or two (I've seen Niagara).

Looking forward to it!

Mamilton is like shagging an ugly bird, in and out as quick as you can.   But try Hutch’s on the Beach if you like fish and chips, Hess village has some good pubs and restaurants. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I take it there's not much bar-wise around the stadium? had a look on Google Street View there and it's only really a McDonald's and a few convienence stores that I can see? 

that area was (probably still is) pretty run down, told you guys Hess Village - 5 km, quick cab ride or the Pheasant Plucker but then you limit yourself to one pub.   

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

that area was (probably still is) pretty run down, told you guys Hess Village - 5 km, quick cab ride or the Pheasant Plucker but then you limit yourself to one pub.   

Aye it looks quite run down the area around the stadium. There's a squad of about 11 of us. I'd like to hit Hess Village early doors then get to the Pheasant Plucker for a few hours before the game for that Sash Bash but I'm just 1 of 11 - need to get a concensus with the rest of them what the plan is.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Aye it looks quite run down the area around the stadium. There's a squad of about 11 of us. I'd like to hit Hess Village early doors then get to the Pheasant Plucker for a few hours before the game for that Sash Bash but I'm just 1 of 11 - need to get a concensus with the rest of them what the plan is.

If you are travelling down together from Toronto as a group then check out mini-bus companies, less hassle than the GO train. 

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

If you are travelling down together from Toronto as a group then check out mini-bus companies, less hassle than the GO train. 

We are staying in Burlington, mate. Just over the bridge from Hamilton .. or maybe Burlington is just a different area of Hamilton. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

We are staying in Burlington, mate. Just over the bridge from Hamilton .. or maybe Burlington is just a different area of Hamilton. 

Burlington is more suburban but has a few good watering holes including http://www.blackbull.ca/About.html 

If Solid Gold is still there it is worth checking out :whistle: ---- there is a fantastic Italian restaurant at the bottom of rant Street - forget the name. 

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Burlington is more suburban but has a few good watering holes including http://www.blackbull.ca/About.html 

If Solid Gold is still there it is worth checking out :whistle: ---- there is a fantastic Italian restaurant at the bottom of rant Street - forget the name. 

Aye I've looked at the area around my hotel at the lakefront and I spotted a couple of bars that look decent and places to eat but again with 11 it's difficult to get everyone to agree to go to the same places. Excited for going though. 

40 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye I've looked at the area around my hotel at the lakefront and I spotted a couple of bars that look decent and places to eat but again with 11 it's difficult to get everyone to agree to go to the same places. Excited for going though. 

Like I said up to Plains Road, check out Solid Gold, everyone loves Meals on Heels :tu:

You guys will be right in my neighbourhood. Just got in from Ikea in Burlington. If you go to the falls you will go through my city on the highway. I am in St. Catharines ,15 minutes before you get to the falls. Would have loved to hook up with you guys, wish I was younger. It's pretty good in this area. Lots of entertainment, good strip bars, lots of bars and restaurants, and the people are generally nice. You guys will have a good time.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

1 minute ago, unclebuzzy said:

You guys will be right in my neighbourhood. Just got in from Ikea in Burlington. If you go to the falls you will go through my city on the highway. I am in St. Catharines ,15 minutes before you get to the falls. Would have loved to hook up with you guys, wish I was younger. It's pretty good in this area. Lots of entertainment, good strip bars, lots of bars and restaurants, and the people are generally nice. You guys will have a good time.

Just been checking out that Phesant Plucker pub there on Google - it looks a decent bar. If your fit get along there I'm sure we will be in there for the Sash Bash at some point mate. Don't see why not - doesn't look too far from ground, either.