Support an investigation.

scotty1976

I think it's time for our board to support an investigation into our use of EBTs and how the governing bodies handled it all. I really do. Because it won't uncover anything we don't know. And as we know, the binding nature of Mr Nimmo-Smith's verdict means we cannot be punished any further.

BUT, let's support the investigation on the basis that in addition to looking at our financial affairs, it also takes a forensic look at other clubs.  How some provincial clubs have managed to 'restructure' debts. How some other clubs have handled contracts, tax affairs, involved film funds. Payments to players by majority shsreholders maybe.  Maybe even look at favourable land deals, or low rate bank loans.

The way I see it, we've got less to lose than any other clubs as we e already been punished.

So lets throw our weight behind MrLawwell and his demands for transparency. It could be quite an eye opener.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's not about any other club and never will be.

I'm not naive enough to think it is. You're 100% right. But let's start making those noises. After all, as any investigation is about upholding Sporting integrity there should be no issue......

Hopefully whatever Rangers put out this week clears their stance up but personally I would like the club to support an investigation/review into the the events of 2012 & before. 

When did the SFA know Whyte was not paying PAYE/NIC. 

Imposing an illegal transfer ban. 

The attempt to strip titles as part of admission into the 1st Division. 

The withholding of prize money. 

The conflict of interest that Rod McKenzie & Harper McLeod had. 

And that's just for starters. 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Hopefully whatever Rangers put out this week clears their stance up but personally I would like the club to support an investigation/review into the the events of 2012 & before. 

We have to be realistic and know that none of that would happen,and this is just an exercise to try and punish the club again and tarnish our name. 

What should happen instead is that celtic are charged with bringing the game into disrepute. That won't happen either.

We need to stick to our guns on this one and give them nothing

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Do you think the Rangers statement this week will mention celtic and their activities over the last 50 years?

This is nothing to do with Rangers. 

Im pretty sure they want to flush out the rumour that Regan left the discussions to go to dinner with his wife. Thereby removing him from his position, shifting the blame into him and then opening the way for another celtic puppet to be put in place. 

The whole of Scottish football needs an investigation,an honest media should have been onto that when it all kicked off on us.

We all know about the skeletons in the celtic closet but what of the other clubs? How can most of then afford to pay full-time players wi minimum gates and maintain stadia way above their need?

There's something that stinks in the game and they're covering it up by concentrating on Rangers.

18 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

are you posting this in hope or have you been given a sneaky heads up that they will start fighting our corner

29 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Since this is primarily about EBT's then this will primarily be about us

no

But. Our EBTs and player payments have been investigated. We've been punished. We should support the investigation on the provision that it looks at ALL clubs. 

But I get your point. We don't live in a fair and balanced world.

51 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Whatever they put out, it won't be enough. They don't have the baws, and neither do Club1872, unless the Board allow it.

Only full out attack on that rancid club will be enough, including the child abuse in Scottish football, which all leads back to them and their staff/former staff.

4 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Im pretty sure they want to flush out the rumour that Regan left the discussions to go to dinner with his wife. Thereby removing him from his position, shifting the blame into him and then opening the way for another celtic puppet to be put in place. 

They fucking hired him!! (In a roundabout way).

5 hours ago, theiconicman said:

That's been doing the rounds for years . 

Too much of a coincidence for me that this comes about after the sfa refuse to play ball with liewell and dungcaster . 

5 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

are you posting this in hope or have you been given a sneaky heads up that they will start fighting our corner

I very much doubt that this late in our recent travails that this board have the balls, the inclination or the fucking money to pursue any Sellik shite that they feel like throwing at the team, manager, staff and especially the fans. In my view, total capitulation.

5 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

I think it's time for our board to support an investigation into our use of EBTs and how the governing bodies handled it all. I really do. Because it won't uncover anything we don't know. And as we know, the binding nature of Mr Nimmo-Smith's verdict means we cannot be punished any further.

BUT, let's support the investigation on the basis that in addition to looking at our financial affairs, it also takes a forensic look at other clubs.  How some provincial clubs have managed to 'restructure' debts. How some other clubs have handled contracts, tax affairs, involved film funds. Payments to players by majority shsreholders maybe.  Maybe even look at favourable land deals, or low rate bank loans.

The way I see it, we've got less to lose than any other clubs as we e already been punished.

So lets throw our weight behind MrLawwell and his demands for transparency. It could be quite an eye opener.

I'd be loathe , right now , to drag other clubs into this . Not now while there seems to be little interest on dragging this on by anyone but the tarriers. 

Of course , should that change then by all means . 

14 minutes ago, piperpete said:

He has know past his sell by date and new stock must be sitting in await to take their quest to the next level

Could well be ?

He's bucking the party line of late, it would seem.

Unless it's a wee ploy they're working, to make it look as though there's still some 'integrity' left in the game?

We should ask for the investigation to also cover how the SFA and the League dealt with our 2012 situation in comparison to how they treated celtic in 1993 when Fergus McCann created a new company and transferred Celtics assets over tot he new company leaving the debt behind in a shell company.

The main difference between the 2 situations was social media which led a clamour of fans demanding "action".

7 hours ago, B1872 said:

Do you think the Rangers statement this week will mention celtic and their activities over the last 50 years?

Probably no chance .I think ,we won't even make a statement .If we do ,it will still not be enough 

We need much more on this one ..Voices and using Rangers Tv