Jose Mourinho Giving Pedro a Pep Talk

RFCRobertson

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11029524/jose-mourinho-talks-reaffirm-pedro-caixinha8217s-belief-in-Rangers-path

Jose Mourinho talks reaffirm Pedro Caixinha’s belief in Rangers path

Pedro Caixinha says a pep talk from Jose Mourinho has reaffirmed his belief that he is on the right track at Rangers.

The Ibrox side are three points off the top of the Scottish Premiership after back-to-back wins over Ross County and Dundee but the Portuguese came in for criticism following the Gers' Europa League exit to Luxembourg outfit Progres Niederkorn early in the campaign.

But Caixinha says he can always count on advice from his compatriot Mourinho, adding: "Talking to him totally confirmed my belief that I'm on the right track, especially because first of all he is the best."

"You need to look for the best. If you ask me which manager you would call to discuss football and training then it's him," he told the Evening Times.

"If I have something to ask him, I do it directly. There was a time when I spoke with him regularly but not anymore. In those days, I was an assistant and I was looking for knowledge and making sure I was heading in the right direction.

"Now my time is overloaded but, whenever I do need to speak to Jose, I go directly to him. There is no-one better. And his advice has helped me since coming to Rangers, totally."

He added: "We don't normally speak like 'this situation has happened, what should I do?' It's more about direction and conviction, how to be convinced about the methodology you use and the way you use it.

"That's what we discuss - training and matches and the preparation for each and the relationship between them. We got into the standards of this massive club and also the game model and the training model."

The article then goes onto talk about Windass. 

5 minutes ago, jamess said:

Hope he succeeds for all our sakes,  but McCoist was picked by Smith,  a giant of a manager,  and sure he had many a pep talk.  But we know how wasted all that was. 

Please do not turn this in to another we hate Ally fest. Yes McCoist ultimately failed as our manager and yes he has made some poor choices as to his future career, but he remains our greatest ever goalscorer, a childhood hero of mine and one who took extreme pleasure in scoring against the filth. Have a wee look at You Tube if you have any doubt.

3 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Please do not turn this in to another we hate Ally fest. Yes McCoist ultimately failed as our manager and yes he has made some poor choices as to his future career, but he remains our greatest ever goalscorer, a childhood hero of mine and one who took extreme pleasure in scoring against the filth. Have a wee look at You Tube if you have any doubt.

Of course not.  Just making the observation that big name talking to potential also ran means F all.

16 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

BP9s brother?

Jose ❤️ I hope to fuck Pedro succeeds here, I'm not his biggest fan by any means but Hearts game aside there hasn't been any games in the league this season that's been a huge disappointment and you could just put that game down to a bad day at the office. 

Hibs game was obviously disappointing, but for other reasons (Fuck you Beaton ??) 

Don't see the issue if there is one here, he Spoke to Jose, probably got one word answers and cryptic "The ref was at it" comments but if he is comfy speaking with Jose, fill yer boots Pedro my man, just make sure you keep the wee run going, each game is a separate entity.

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

Jose ❤️ I hope to fuck Pedro succeeds here, I'm not his biggest fan by any means but Hearts game aside there hasn't been any games in the league this season that's been a huge disappointment and you could just put that game down to a bad day at the office. 

Hibs game was obviously disappointing, but for other reasons (Fuck you Beaton ??) 

I admire the dignified way Pedro defends our club, and how he is beginning to see the media here for what they are who are just after a headline. Fed up with the guy being taken out of context and ridiculed.

Jose Mourinho is probably the best manager in the business.  It's great that the Rangers manager can pick up the phone and bounce ideas off him.  I think Walter Smith use to do it with SAF back in the day.  What Pedro needs is a big result to really get the belief going amongst the players and the support.  Hopefully we can get good results against Aberdeen and celtic in the coming weeks. 

4 hours ago, jamess said:

Hope he succeeds for all our sakes,  but McCoist was picked by Smith,  a giant of a manager,  and sure he had many a pep talk.  But we know how wasted all that was. 

I think it's an unfair comparison you've made.  McCoist should've been nowhere near a coaching role, let alone management.  He was TV personality plucked from his role on a game show because Walter needed a number 2.  McCoist was always promised a crack at the managers job but based on what?  His time as a player and being pals with Walter seemed his main qualifications.  In turn, McCoist made sure his pals Durrant and McDowell were well looked after.  I fucking hate MCCoist with a passion.

Pedro, unlike McCoist, seems to have some ability as a coach.  Moreover, he can spot a player which is something McCoist nor Warburton could ever do.  Pedro isn't here because he's the previous managers pal, or because he's living off his time as a player with us, he's here because he believes he can do a job.

I still can't believe the shite Pedro gets ...so we got put out of Europe by a diddy team. Not the first or last time that'll happen.

5 games into the season and we got cheated against 1 ,another parked the bus( remember Barca couldn't break us down) and we've won 3 .

We now have a spine not seen since 2011 and a goalscorer with the best average in decades..Of course we're still in my opinion 5 quality players off a championship winning or even seriously challenging side but it's the best we've seen since liquidation..

Look at the positives . If we win a cup , beat that vermin at home,close the gap to single figures come May and put the sheepshaggers back where they belong then to me our season has been a success..

Our best hope is they cunts qualify for the Europa league have have a massive fixture pile up after Christmas.

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I think it's an unfair comparison you've made.  McCoist should've been nowhere near a coaching role, let alone management.  He was TV personality plucked from his role on a game show because Walter needed a number 2.  McCoist was always promised a crack at the managers job but based on what?  His time as a player and being pals with Walter seemed his main qualifications.  In turn, McCoist made sure his pals Durrant and McDowell were well looked after.  I fucking hate MCCoist with a passion.

Pedro, unlike McCoist, seems to have some ability as a coach.  Moreover, he can spot a player which is something McCoist nor Warburton could ever do.  Pedro isn't here because he's the previous managers pal, or because he's living off his time as a player with us, he's here because he believes he can do a job.

Pedro is the chosen one - whereas McCoist was/is a first class prick.