big Boydy

Bearsden bear

2 minutes ago, Bermondsey Bear said:

No need.  Any clown with a wee Spider-Man avatar shouldn't be encouraged.  Go to bed son.

:lol::lol::lol:

Won league titles and cups thanks to his immense scoring record. 

You're spewing that he managed to score more than your king of kings ya mickey bastard. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Two in a league cup final.

One in a Scottish cup final in which we won by one.

Highest scorer ever in the league.

I'm not challenging his scoring record, but he would knock in braces and pens against the lower clubs and it made for better reading than reality.  But, I'm not convinced he's the answer to anything for us right now, even when at his best.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Won league titles and cups thanks to his immense scoring record. 

You're spewing that he managed to score more than your king of kings ya mickey bastard. 

Ohhhhh.  I get it.  I'm a taig.  Well, you are the smartest wee Spider-Man I have ever crossed (dae ye get it crossed? ?)  I'll bet you're battering them keys on your wee keyboard aren't you?

12 minutes ago, Bermondsey Bear said:

Ohhhhh.  I get it.  I'm a taig.  Well, you are the smartest wee Spider-Man I have ever crossed (dae ye get it crossed? ?)  I'll bet you're battering them keys on your wee keyboard aren't you?

Unlike you battering your sister. 

33 minutes ago, Bermondsey Bear said:

How many goals of real meaning in his pomp did he score?   Let's start with games against them, how many did he score?

Words fail me...in your world only games against the tims matter...im not sure if u are unhinged or just at the wind up but my guess is ure unhinged 

3 minutes ago, Bermondsey Bear said:

My sister died 5 years ago.  Have you got anything actually sensible to say, or is this it?  I'm keen to know the level I need to work too.  You've set the bar very low.

I wouldn't worry mate he dances with his dead sister in his mums summer frock in the front room every night after dinner to a record playing in the background 

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Words fail me...in your world only games against the tims matter...im not sure if u are unhinged or just at the wind up but my guess is ure unhinged 

Those games define your character.  As I've said on this thread, I know he scored plenty, but if he's being held up as what we need now, then I disagree.  If you want to classify unhinged, read some of the friendly comments I've fielded.  

1 hour ago, Bermondsey Bear said:

Those games define your character.  As I've said on this thread, I know he scored plenty, but if he's being held up as what we need now, then I disagree.  If you want to classify unhinged, read some of the friendly comments I've fielded.  

Rat bastard

5 hours ago, Bermondsey Bear said:

How many goals of real meaning in his pomp did he score?   Let's start with games against them, how many did he score?

Real meaning? :headscratch:

Every goal counted and without his 20-30 a season we wouldn't have won leagues and cups.

6 hours ago, Bermondsey Bear said:

I'm not challenging his scoring record, but he would knock in braces and pens against the lower clubs and it made for better reading than reality.  But, I'm not convinced he's the answer to anything for us right now, even when at his best.

3 points against Hamilton is just as useful as 3 points v the scum. It means more to beat them but Boyds goals won us titles.

9 hours ago, Bermondsey Bear said:

My sister died 5 years ago.  Have you got anything actually sensible to say, or is this it?  I'm keen to know the level I need to work too.  You've set the bar very low.

Do you want to shag Boyd or not? I'm getting mixed signals. You opened the thread praising his piano playing skills and then went onto criticise his goal scoring record. It's all very confusing. 

52 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Do you want to shag Boyd or not? I'm getting mixed signals. You opened the thread praising his piano playing skills and then went onto criticise his goal scoring record. It's all very confusing. 

It wasn't him who started the thread (Bearsden and Bermondsey are 2 very distinctly different places), but I'm thinking he'd probably give big Boydy a nosh if the opportunity presented itself.

25 minutes ago, FSM said:

It wasn't him who started the thread (Bearsden and Bermondsey are 2 very distinctly different places), but I'm thinking he'd probably give big Boydy a nosh if the opportunity presented itself.

Serves me right for trying to be a smart arse, but thanks for the clarification on the noshing point. 

Don't mind Boyd at all although his last spell with us wasn't good still doesn't take away from the amount of goals he has scored. One of the only pundits on BT as well who talks well about us. Agree with the point that even if he didn't score many against the scum his goals did win us the league. Can't see how anyone in their right mind can disagree with that? 

I'm clearly not stating my point well enough.  I agree that Boyd has a great record for goals and made a significant contribution to both cups and leagues.  But as I see it, you can get plenty of strikers in Scotland, stick them into our team and they will thrive on the fact we're attacking and creating more chances.  A 20 goal a season striker for say Hearts, could be a 30 goal a season striker for us.  The sort of striker we need is more like McCoist in as much as he scored for fun against the scum.  Wee Alfredo might be that bear, we need to wait and see, but I recall the audible groans that there used to be on another board when the match against them was coming up and we knew the goals would need to come from elsewhere as Boyd wasn't going to get them.

Its a view, calm down and Leeds Bear, try reading slowly and carefully in future.