The Mongoose

Scottish Club win v PSG

I know I am getting on and the Memory fading. Bud Did We Not beat PSG the last time we played them?

I seem to recall being in Paris when we won on penalties.......also something about the flight being changed due to an Air Traffic Controllers Strike and flew into Belgium.

Cool that must mean that we won last night

On 13/09/2017 at 13:07, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

You answered your own question. Put them out on penalties but didn't beat them.

2 draws sure they were both 0-0

When we put them out on pens , that means we beat them in my or any cunts else's book.  But I get your point but it's all about progressing to the next stage.  So a better way to put it is we  put them out and never lost a leg or a goal 👍, that's what the Scottish media do when it comes to that lot 

4 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

When we put them out on pens , that means we beat them in my or any cunts else's book.  But I get your point but it's all about progressing to the next stage.  So a better way to put it is wee out them out and never lost a leg or a goal 👍, that's what the Scottish media do when it comes to that lot 

Who cares? PSG are a completely different animal now.

18 minutes ago, Bermondsey Bear said:

Yup and the current Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino was in that PSG team as I recall.

so was jay jay okocha, ronaldinho, arteta, anelka, letizi (mind him) and heinze amongst other stars

Yep a win in a penalty  shoot out feels 100% better than a loss. 

Pretty sure They lost in a penalty shoot out to Valencia the same night. 

25 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

so was jay jay okocha, ronaldinho, arteta, anelka, letizi (mind him) and heinze amongst other stars

They were a very good side, and in today's silly money, what would the price of that team be. Probably not far off what it is now. Forgot about Heinze in the side, he could play a variety of rolls.

I've spoken to about 3 or 4 guys over the years who rate it as the scariest away trip they have been on. That seems remarkable for a trip to Paris.

57 minutes ago, The Mongoose said:

I know I am getting on and the Memory fading. Bud Did We Not beat PSG the last time we played them?

I seem to recall being in Paris when we won on penalties.......also something about the flight being changed due to an Air Traffic Controllers Strike and flew into Belgium.

One of the guys I was talking to in my above post told me that he was meant to fly from Prestwick very early in the morning, that got cancelled, so they hired a car, drove to Dover, on the ferry to Calais, train to Lille, then train to Paris.

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've spoken to about 3 or 4 guys over the years who rate it as the scariest away trip they have been on. That seems remarkable for a trip to Paris.

I thought feyenord was worse 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

One of the guys I was talking to in my above post told me that he was meant to fly from Prestwick very early in the morning, that got cancelled, so they hired a car, drove to Dover, on the ferry to Calais, train to Lille, then train to Paris.

We did the same. Originally flying Buzz airlines to Paris via Stansted. ATC strike meant no option but sudden change of plan and we drove through the night from Glasgow to Paris. Left at 8pm and goto our hotel out a CDG Airport around 12.30pm next day. Sure around 12K bears made that trip even with a ATC strike!

Weve got a freindly coming up against Benfica !

We beat them 3-1 in a friendly in 1965, so shouldnt be too difficult then...huh?

2 hours ago, The Mongoose said:

you must have been on the same flight as me and my son we flew to belgium and got bussed to paris  never for get missing the pen in normal time then winning on pens  that was advacats last game i think

So we're slightly better than PSG. sweet. Can't wait for first old firm game. Anything less than 6 is an embarrassment. 

Here we are dwelling on nothing but the past once again

Beat them in the Emirates cup too :lol: