Scottish Club win v PSG

The Mongoose

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Here we are dwelling on nothing but the past once again

Quite topical atm and its good to look back on games like that, I have no probs with that, Ronaldinho had Goucho on his shirt that night I am assuming that's his surname, its a fans forum ffs.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Quite topical atm and its good to look back on games like that, I have no probs with that, Ronaldinho had Goucho on his shirt that night I am assuming that's his surname, its a fans forum ffs.

Original Ronaldo when he played in the youth teams for Brazil was called Ronaldinho, so Ronaldinho was known as Ronaldinho Gaucho because he is from Rio Grande de Sul province in Brazil which is known as Gaucho.

I think the state championship is called Campeanato Gaucho. I'm full of useless information. Here all week.

Ronaldinho, my fave all time player, what a player he was, the only player I could say ever rivalled him for skill on the ball was the original Ronaldo when he was 17 and 18 years old before his injury. Saying that Cristiano Ronaldo is a close second. Seems to be something about those Ronaldo's, maybe we should sign one hahaha can't wait to see the European nights back at Ibrox, while away yet but I reckon we have a good side and this season will give us that time to to build a side that will have played together, I felt it was too early for us with a whole new side to be honest.

There have been many fantastic European nights at Ibrox we can be very proud of, even some results away. I can see good things coming this season domestically 

16 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Original Ronaldo when he played in the youth teams for Brazil was called Ronaldinho, so Ronaldinho was known as Ronaldinho Gaucho because he is from Rio Grande de Sul province in Brazil which is known as Gaucho.

I think the state championship is called Campeanato Gaucho. I'm full of useless information. Here all week.

Had a friend from Brazil who explained the names to me, the inho just means 'little' which is where the name Ronaldinho stems from, so yes his name is Ronaldo, just in English it's little Ronaldo.

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've spoken to about 3 or 4 guys over the years who rate it as the scariest away trip they have been on. That seems remarkable for a trip to Paris.

I was their.....fucking north Africans never mind the PSG boullion boys all out looking for bother, great trip mind ye and a victory to the next round too boot?

Just now, hammer93 said:

I was their.....fucking north Africans never mind the PSG boullion boys all out looking for bother, great trip mind ye and a victory to the next round too boot?

I know a guy who used to live there and attend a few games and he said it was perhaps the one and only time that the Kop and the Virage teamed up.

The next season they put about 30 Galatasaray fans in hospital.

9 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

How can we be the most successful club side without dwelling on the past.

Wake up man - it canny be that drab in fucking Norn Irn.

We'll not remain the most successful club side for much longer if cunts just want to dwell on the past constantly 

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Here we are dwelling on nothing but the past once again

Utterly bizarre and non sensical. I guess you have no problems with the taigs trying to take our trophies away because, after all, it's all in the past that you seem to care nothing about.

2 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Utterly bizarre and non sensical. I guess you have no problems with the taigs trying to take our trophies away because, after all, it's all in the past that you seem to care nothing about.

If you genuinely don't know what I mean there then never quote me again 

4 hours ago, billscott said:

you must have been on the same flight as me and my son we flew to belgium and got bussed to paris  never for get missing the pen in normal time then winning on pens  that was advacats last game i think

Ronald De Boer missed in normal time.

With 9pm start & extra time & pen shoot out. It was a late finish.

My hotel had said we had to be in by midnight!!!!!.

So the night porter was not amused when we woke him up at 3.30a.m.

59 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

I think what he means (and I agree) is that if you just stand still, thinking about how good the past was then you'll never be able to focus on improving.

This is probably going to sound mental, but I genuinely struggle to watch old clips of games and goals against celtic, in Europe, title days etc because it means little now if we genuinely can't push on and create more good memories and achievements. It doesn't give me the same desgree of satisfaction somehow if we aren't successful at the moment.  

That's not to say we didn't enjoy the good times or want to hand over our titles. They're ours. They are banked and a proud part of our history but it's in the past we need to make new memories and create more title wins. 

Some people are engulfed with how good we used to be, if anything it frustrates me watching old clips of our title wins etc because it annoys me when I see us now.

I don't expect many to agree with me but it's just the way I am. I enjoyed the wins at the time but there comes a time when you need to resign it to the past and look at the future because IMO at Rangers we are only as good as our last game. That's the way it has to be if you want to be successful. 

That's honestly not to say I don't care about our titles, or the 5-stars on our strip or anything like that. It's just a personal viewpoint when it comes to the old days and the now.