The Mongoose

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, billscott said:

you must have been on the same flight as me and my son we flew to belgium and got bussed to paris  never for get missing the pen in normal time then winning on pens  that was advacats last game i think

A guy went into theOff sales or whatever it is called for a cargo for the bus.....and the bus moved to a different parking space. He Panicked and ran across the grass but there was a River all around the grass that he couldn't see but we could.......he thought the bus was going without him,and he was yelling like a loony for us to stop.... hilarious if I remember right lol

14 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've spoken to about 3 or 4 guys over the years who rate it as the scariest away trip they have been on. That seems remarkable for a trip to Paris.

Absolute chaos outside the ground.  Two entrances for us, they closed both and coopers at each one were sending us to the other one via a fairly narrow path with thousands of bears on it - as time went on we started being pushed up towards the gates so the coppers thought it wise to start coshing people.  Fence knocked over and thousand poured in via that - recall seeing lots of bears in the ground with burst heads from le plod. 

Yup it was fairly scary stuff. Great result though. 

10 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think what he means (and I agree) is that if you just stand still, thinking about how good the past was then you'll never be able to focus on improving.

This is probably going to sound mental, but I genuinely struggle to watch old clips of games and goals against celtic, in Europe, title days etc because it means little now if we genuinely can't push on and create more good memories and achievements. It doesn't give me the same desgree of satisfaction somehow if we aren't successful at the moment.  

That's not to say we didn't enjoy the good times or want to hand over our titles. They're ours. They are banked and a proud part of our history but it's in the past we need to make new memories and create more title wins. 

Some people are engulfed with how good we used to be, if anything it frustrates me watching old clips of our title wins etc because it annoys me when I see us now.

I don't expect many to agree with me but it's just the way I am. I enjoyed the wins at the time but there comes a time when you need to resign it to the past and look at the future because IMO at Rangers we are only as good as our last game. That's the way it has to be if you want to be successful. 

That's honestly not to say I don't care about our titles, or the 5-stars on our strip or anything like that. It's just a personal viewpoint when it comes to the old days and the now. 

I do get what youre saying, but I don't see it as dwelling on the past at all. As a club, we have gone through difficult times in the past. In the eighties before Souness arrived we were pretty awful, but I knew the good times would soon return. And I know they will return soon to Ibrox, and I honestly don't think it's going to be too long before it happens, at least domestically. Regards Europe, then this is different, and this is all down to the money in today's game. Enjoy the old videos on you tube, mate, because they will be back soon enough. We are not far behind the taigs at all in my view, we just need to get the winning mentality back. Our problems just now are psychological, as Pedro says, and it's important to get that feeling of invincibility back. Tomorrows game is huge , and I think a turning point for us will be our first win against the taigs. 

3 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

That was actually a big deal at the time. PSG were still a decent side who shelled out about £23 million for Anelka (who didn't play)

I remmeber that second leg on Eurosport, the commentator never had a clue how to pronounce Lovenkrands :lol: 

I'm sure Anelka did play mate - in the second leg anyway.

17 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Also, jersey is a right taig way of saying shirt 

Bollocks. Play for the Jersey. Not fit to wear the Jersey. You're trying too hard now and making right tit of yourself. If history doesn't matter, should child abuse at the paedodrome also be forgotten about? Maybe that's what you really mean..

3 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Bollocks. Play for the Jersey. Not fit to wear the Jersey. You're trying too hard now and making right tit of yourself. If history doesn't matter, should child abuse at the paedodrome also be forgotten about? Maybe that's what you really mean..

Aye, that's right. I think the taigs should be allowed to be paedos, that's exactly what I was saying. 

Fucking bellend.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

And I've always said "not fit to wear the shirt". Over here a jersey is what taigs wear to play that pishy Gaelic sport of theirs 

But we are not over there. We are in Scotland and don't need to follow foreign idioms. Next you will be calling it soccer.

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm sure Anelka did play mate - in the second leg anyway.

He did play. And walked on to the field with huge strapping at the penalty shoot-out so he didn't have to take one.

I'll never forget Ronaldinho's expression when we won. He kind of stood there, gormlessly scratching his head.