• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Is the author @thedude?

Sounds promising, but was expecting to hear Barjonas and Ataki (spelling?) being named as 2 of the 3. Not heard much of the other boys.

Agreed after watching the game against Brighton I would say Ataki was a standout for me followed closely by Barjonas

14 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Closest to the first team are Barjonas and Atakayi imo

Reading the reports and having seen Barjonas last season i would have to agree.

Are you basing your opinion on the same as me or do you watch the games they play?

Problem with Barjonas is that there is a lot of competition for places in the middle.

I find this a wee bit strange from Craig as all three players are currently injured, I can only think it is maybe hm trying to give a boost to three injured players.

I do thnk all three are decent, but I thnk Ross Lyon and Liam Burt have a wee bit to prove as I think their progress stalled a wee bit last season.

Both under went operarions and missed pre-season, Ross Lyon made a brief apprearance in a firendly against St.Mirren recently, not sure when Liam Burt is expected to be back playing.

Jordan Houston is younger and has been progressing well but recently sustained a knee injury and may not play agan this year.

By a strange coincidence of the three who played at the end of last season Myles Beerman and Aidan Wilson are also injured, although I think more short term. Jamie Barjonas has started the season very well and could be pushing along with Ross McCcrorie and maybe Serge Atakayi.

Youth football is a world away from first team football and some people have a bizarre perception of the standards. I had a chuckle when some posted that Dapo Mebude should be pushing for the first team. Dapo is an excellent prospect but is 16 years old and playing against 15 and 16 year olds in the U17 league. Scoring five goals against 15 & 16 year olds from Forth Valley is several very big steps away from the first team.

The results from Colt teams in the Challenege Cup should really put youth football into perspective,

4 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

I find this a wee bit strange from Craig as all three players are currently injured, I can only think it is maybe hm trying to give a boost to three injured players.

I do thnk all three are decent, but I thnk Ross Lyon and Liam Burt have a wee bit to prove as I think their progress stalled a wee bit last season.

Both under went operarions and missed pre-season, Ross Lyon made a brief apprearance in a firendly against St.Mirren recently, not sure when Liam Burt is expected to be back playing.

Jordan Houston is younger and has been progressing well but recently sustained a knee injury and may not play agan this year.

By a strange coincidence of the three who played at the end of last season Myles Beerman and Aidan Wilson are also injured, although I think more short term. Jamie Barjonas has started the season very well and could be pushing along with Ross McCcrorie and maybe Serge Atakayi.

Youth football is a world away from first team football and some people have a bizarre perception of the standards. I had a chuckle when some posted that Dapo Mebude should be pushing for the first team. Dapo is an excellent prospect but is 16 years old and playing against 15 and 16 year olds in the U17 league. Scoring five goals against 15 & 16 year olds from Forth Valley is several very big steps away from the first team.

The results from Colt teams in the Challenege Cup should really put youth football into perspective,

Craig? Do you mean James?

Thanks for your insight.

Very strange 3 players he has picked been to a few U20s games recently (not them all) the standouts have been Ross McCrorie, Aidan Wilson, Myles Beerman, Serge Atkayi and Jamie Barjones am not saying there near the first team as the jump is very big but would put them on the list before the 3 mentioned. I think if McCrorie wasn't on loan last year he would have been in the first team before Bates. The team that played the other night had a couple who have just came up from the 17s. The other thing just my opinion but I don't think Myles Beerman should be playing left back I think he should be pushed up to an attacking position. The 3 he picked are pretty random in my opinion. 

28 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Craig? Do you mean James?

Thanks for your insight.

He quotes Craig Mulholland at the start and then comments on that.

"Rangers Academy chief Craig Mulholland has tipped the current group of youngsters at Auchenhowie to make the leaps into Pedro Caixinha’s first-team squad at Ibrox.

He singled out Jordan Houston, Ross Lyon and Liam Burt as three rising stars who are very close to being promoted from the youth ranks into the senior group."

9 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

He quotes Craig Mulholland at the start and then comments on that.

"Rangers Academy chief Craig Mulholland has tipped the current group of youngsters at Auchenhowie to make the leaps into Pedro Caixinha’s first-team squad at Ibrox.

He singled out Jordan Houston, Ross Lyon and Liam Burt as three rising stars who are very close to being promoted from the youth ranks into the senior group."

Ah sorry.

Thought you were referring to author article by the name of Craig.

Interestingly, strange even, no quotes to back up the names mentioned which have surprised a few.

Guess that's why he's the Football Insider....

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

You'll have to excuse me for not taking anything TheDude says seriously. 

The only one close to being ready for semi-regular first team action, IMO, is Hardie and he's still got a bit to learn. 

Was at the u-20s game the other night and have to say I wasn't that impressed with Hardie at all. Didn't think he stood out at all, unlike the likes of Atakayi and Barjonas.

1 hour ago, Elfideldo said:

I think a lot of it comes from the fact that we love a homegrown success story. I reckon though percentage wise, the chances of a talented youth reaching the levels of say Barrie McKay/Lewis MacLeod is slim, nevermind getting to Barry Ferguson levels.

It's why Billy Gilmour going is something that hasn't overly bothered me. Even if he makes it, you just don't know how it would have panned out if he stayed here. I think we got a decent fee for a young kid with potential and it allows us to use it towards players who can improve us now.

It's not always the ones that stand out as being the most technically gifted that make it. Hard work and attitude can go a long way.

As for the dude/James black, as Kai said and elf eluded to. I wouldn't trust someone on the basis that they have been to a few youth games. It's who stands out in the challenge cup and on loan that tells me there is something there.

The other factor we don't see and it's also important is how they do in training when they are brought up to train with the first team.

From what I've seen and heard, no one is that close to bursting through and having a major impact.

1 hour ago, West_Side said:

Was at the u-20s game the other night and have to say I wasn't that impressed with Hardie at all. Didn't think he stood out at all, unlike the likes of Atakayi and Barjonas.

Aye he blows hot and cold he's s long way to go but the talent is there 

15 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Aye, he threw Gascoigne under the bus in a weak defence of Leigh Griffiths.

He came on to argue his point a bit but he's not been back as far as I can see. Probably still reads in and will probably start posting again, we all sometimes need a break from the site. It get's to the best and worst of us at times.

Would rather not see him back personally. 

I'm still here. Started a new job so not been on as much recently.