• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

My post;

"He stated he would be true to himself, wouldn't allow his personal opinions to be manipulated or suppressed, would write as he saw fit. He saw the benefit of media challenge and change, small as it was, from the inside. Yet on this thread alone he has accepted writing things he doesn't agree with. Sell out."

And as for

"You're upset I might show up the fuckwits in our support for the fuckwits they are for personal gain? Simple way to avoid that...dont be a fuckwit and put yourself in a position where something you've posted might drw attention because it it's not me doing it, it'll be someone else.  If your answer to that is  to blame the person who highlighted it and not the original comment which got the attention then tough titty tbh.

You're right that we all make choices. I'm more than comfortable with mine, if you're worried that someone might highlight something you've posted, said or whatever then, chance are, you made a wrong one somewhere"

Wow.

Loads of folk make mistakes in life. It's an every day occurrence.

Takes a special sort have no qualms in using it for their own financial benefit. Worse than being a grass actually.

Lowest of the low for any bear.

Maybe you will make it in your chosen field after all.

So where have my personal opinions been manipulated? By referring to celtic by a nickname of theirs? Or by putting across a viewpoint that I don't personally agree with?

Believe it or not, not every word ever written is the opinion of the person who wrote it. 

As yet, I've written almost no opinion stuff in my new gig and it has been match-reports, news and stuff like 'twitter reacts'.

If folk don't need want pulled on comments then don't make them on a public forum where others can see them. 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Once you do that you're finished imo.

I'd rather feel at home with my own than know I sold them down the river for a few quid and a pat on the back from a taig. 

Is my own the kind of cunts who post my address on line and make threats to members of my family? Because tbh, I could give a fuck less what they think.

Just now, The Dude said:

Is my own the kind of cunts who post my address on line and make threats to members of my family? Because tbh, I could give a fuck less what they think.

I would never condone anyone doing anything like that but I can honestly say I've never experienced anything like that myself or know anyone else that has, so you've clearly been a bellend somewhere along the line to recieve that treatment.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He has previously said or tweeted the things about the the Queen / Nazies and Gazza/ Griffiths which I think are low. Distasteful as a minimum.

The club's 2nd biggest shareholder has asked for a boycott of the Rhebel. He works for them in a writing capacity, and until recently published his articles on here. Unacceptable.

He stated he would be true to himself, wouldn't allow his personal opinions to be manipulated or suppressed, would write as he saw fit. He saw the benefit of media challenge and change, small as it was, from the inside. Yet on this thread alone he has accepted writing things he doesn't agree with. Sell out.

He now appears to write bheast positive articles, for bheasts payers, to be read by bheasts. Terminology such as "hoops" and championing their proud history appear to roll off the tongue. Maybe trivial to some, makes me wonder how far he would go.

And then onto my question on this thread which he answered.

Where he admitted  he WOULD certainly consider taking on a paid article targetting (negative) comments made by bears online. Yes there were other factors he'd consider but it was a yes to publicising bears comments and we all know where that leads. A bear happily firing in bears for personal benefit is how I see it.

Now he stated he wouldn't lift comments from here. As it's easier from elsewhere, how generous.

But if you've ever posted or tweeted anything abusive or outwith the letter of the law, or the guy at the game beside you has, or your mate or family member have, then the Dude would have no issue theoretically with publishing those if it suited him beneficially.

And for me that is absolutely a line crossed. A dangerous line.

In all walks of life you make choices or they are made for you. I make my choice to come on here with bears, many of whom I agree with, some of whom I don't.

But for me someone who writes for the rhebel, with that mindset, should not have that opportunity on here regardless of if they were a member previously.

And again, I'll butt out.

It's a difficult one when it comes to employment though; is it not? I have a son who finished his post-grad studies some time ago, and he spent a time doing kitchen portering, catering, cleaning, nightshift, casual work; add to that numerous job interviews throughout Britain, trying to get his foot on the ladder; he eventually got his break in the summer. I'm not sure in that case I can turn round to the Dude and tell him what job he can and cannot take..  I hope this doesn't come across as me taking sides, because I've said already I like your posts, especially where they relate to football; but I think the issue you raise is a lot more complex than you credit it for.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I would never condone anyone doing anything like that but I can honestly say I've never experienced anything like that myself or know anyone else that has, so you've clearly been a bellend somewhere along the line to recieve that treatment.

So why should I give a fuck what those who are 'my own' think?

You say you don't condone such stuff but then qualify it by saying I've 'clearly been a bellend' to be on the receiving end. Odd.

Just now, The Dude said:

So why should I give a fuck what those who are 'my own' think?

You say you don't condone such stuff but then qualify it by saying I've 'clearly been a bellend' to be on the receiving end. Odd.

:lol: 

Swings and roundabouts mate. You shaft the support and the support shafts you back. 

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Weird how you can't point out a criminal conviction but you can accuse former players of the club of all sort.

I can see what you were getting at with the tweet. It is something I'd have expected one of them to tweet rather than one of our own fans though which is why I've said I don't agree with it.

We have users on the forum who trawl Twitter looking for stuff to be offended by and when they find it they then share it on here for the rest of their likeminded friends to get offended by it too. Given that you're not the most popular character on here I can't say I'm surprised your tweet found it's way on here. Or that the usual suspects are all over it.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I can see what you were getting at with the tweet. It is something I'd have expected one of them to tweet rather than one of our own fans though which is why I've said I don't agree with it.

We have users on the forum who trawl Twitter looking for stuff to be offended by and when they find it they then share it on here for the rest of their likeminded friends to get offended by it too. Given that you're not the most popular character on here I can't say I'm surprised your tweet found it's way on here. Or that the usual suspects are all over it.

The biggest surprise was that it took so long. I've never bought that we should whitewash people's behaviours simply because they've played for us/support us. I find it ridiculously hypocritical to criticise a celtic player for X then completely ignoring one of our own who done the same.

Just now, The Dude said:

I've shafted the support? In what way have I shafted the support?

You take taig money and use the platform you've been given to post shite that will earn you acceptance as "a decent Rangers fan" from the taigs. 

As I said I don't condone anything you've said that has happened but "your own" don't just do what you've mentioned for no reason. I don't know the story and I don't want to, but you've clearly pissed someone off. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

You take taig money and use the platform you've been given to post shite that will earn you acceptance as "a decent Rangers fan" from the taigs. 

As I said I don't condone anything you've said that has happened but "your own" don't just do what you've mentioned for no reason. I don't know the story and I don't want to, but you've clearly pissed someone off. 

'Taig money'? what's the exchange on that to GBP? Is it similar to Dembele Dollar and the Blue Pound?

Which stuff have I posted for the Record that would earn me 'acceptance'? Suggesting Lawwell was pandering to moonhowlers when he left the SPFL board to push the EBT shite? The loved that one.