Declan John

McEwan's Lager

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I thought, just like the other 2 subs who came on, that he was fucking awful.

Dread to think what Roberts will do to him last week.

Agreed....  But this is what's really pissing me off just now.

I honestly believe the mhanks are nothing special at the minute and are so far up their own arses they wouldn't know what to do if a team got physical with them. 

We play like we did tonight and they'll have the run of the park. This team need to grow some baws ASAP. 

Just now, philiprfc said:

He grew into the game towards the end, but for most of it he was shite and gave away possession cheaply.

I'd agree he definitely looked better towards the end, I suppose the only thing about that is we were under no pressure defensively at the end... So if he didn't look better then id have been worried.

3 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I'd agree he definitely looked better towards the end, I suppose the only thing about that is we were under no pressure defensively at the end... So if he didn't look better then id have been worried.

Aye agreed, he looked much better going forward than he did going back, put it that way.

Not a great debut but hopefully with time he'll improve.

24 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye he pissed about for the second goal but thought he was quite good overall.

Seems a lot more dynamic and more pacy then Wallace.

Struggling to find many positives from the game but he looks a decent addition to the squad.

Not sure if we were watching the same game . 

I was of the opinion we should play him next week , both to flood the midfield and to back up Wallace , after tonight I'm not so sure . 

I wasn't impressed although it was only his first game. I'll not start slagging him on one performance.

The thing I don't understand is why we signed him in the first place. He isn't going to play ahead of Wallace (if fit) and he's no better than Beerman (who would benefit from game time).

3 minutes ago, DW1872 said:

I wasn't impressed although it was only his first game. I'll not start slagging him on one performance.

The thing I don't understand is why we signed him in the first place. He isn't going to play ahead of Wallace (if fit) and he's no better than Beerman (who would benefit from game time).

I think we signed him as a left sided midfielder.  He can also cover for Wallace as he did tonight but I'm not sure that's the main reason he was brought here.  On the right side, you can see Candeias filling in a RB whenever Tavernier goes forward and I think John was brought in to perform a similar role on the left which would benefit Wallace.

13 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

He was ok. Not great but ok.

Apparently he hasn't trained much over the last few weeks so I won't be too harsh on him.

He's barely trained and hasn't played a game in weeks. It clearly showed, and in fairness he admitted as much post match. I think he could turn out to be decent. He was okay.

He grew into the game as a result of them going down to ten men.

Prior to that, he ran the ball out of play, continually lost possession, ran straight into tackles, demonstrated an atrocious first touch, etc.

As someone said in the match thread; he was a rabbit caught in headlights and against Partick Thistle, that just isn't good enough. He isn't good enough and I've little doubt that's why Cardiff were willing to allow a, as we've been reminded on numerous occasions, a Wales international to join us.

He's a downgrade on Hodson who's also shite and if he starts next weekend, we're even more fucked.