Declan John

McEwan's Lager

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Thought he looked decent tbh. Better than Wallace but that's not difficult.

Consistently over ran the ball either out the park or into opposition! Poor delivery poor passing so where in any of that performance last night can you describe as decent? 

20 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Consistently over ran the ball either out the park or into opposition! Poor delivery poor passing so where in any of that performance last night can you describe as decent? 

His first game in a few weeks, making his debut in a new team and still didn't look any worse than Wallace/Hodson/Beerman.

That's about as decent as we can expect I suppose but I dare say he'll improve. At least 2 of the other 3 mentioned won't.

He may get better but I doubt it.

He looks exactly the type of player that would come from Cardiff reserves but we were told off some give the boy a chance. That was his chance. He's pish. Ridiculous signing as we don't need left-back cover, we need an actualy hands-down left-back.

Not a great performance on Friday but not writing him off, I think there could be a half decent player in there just needing the work put into him. Showed pace at times, some half decent crosses and at least was willing to cut in at times rather than overlapping Windass when going forward.

Neglected his defensive duties too much however and at times either looked to be panicky or just kept the ball at his feet poorly. If these areas can be addressed through time then he'd be all right for us. At least until some money has been spent to finally bring real quality to that area, as it should have been last month.

He was fucking awful. How can anyone have watched that game and thought he looked decent? Incredible assessment.

He looked like a rabbit caught in headlights; running straight into tackles, misplacing passes, showing a horrendous touch, etc. And this was against Partick; how is he going to cope under the pressure of an Old Firm game?

I hope I'm wrong, but if he starts, they'll have a field day with him.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

He was fucking awful. How can anyone have watched that game and thought he looked decent? Incredible assessment.

He looked like a rabbit caught in headlights; running straight into tackles, misplacing passes, showing a horrendous touch, etc. And this was against Partick; how is he going to cope under the pressure of an Old Firm game?

I hope I'm wrong, but if he starts, they'll have a field day with him.

He thought he played well 

:no: