Bruno Alves.

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't get away from the fact he did shite himself at the freekick but i wouldn't quite call him a coward in the same way Windass for example is. No doubt the honeymoon is now over for Bruno though it does definitely feel taboo among our support to criticise him. Some genuinely still awe struck that we signed this former 35 year old former Cagliari player. 

5 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Can't get away from the fact he did shite himself at the freekick but i wouldn't quite call him a coward in the same way Windass for example is. No doubt the honeymoon is now over for Bruno though it does definitely feel taboo among our support to criticise him. Some genuinely still awe struck that we signed this former 35 yar old former Cagliari player. 

'shite himself' is a nonsense but I agree with one thing he should have stood his ground and not jumped. 

Another who's not been at his best but certainly not the worst.

Like last season with Hill, I feel Alves is left with too much to do - weak full-backs being exposed positionally and having a partner beside him (and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here rather than just saying he's shite) that is getting to grips with our game in Cardoso.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Like last season with Hill, I feel Alves is left with too much to do - weak full-backs being exposed positionally and having a partner beside him (and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here rather than just saying he's shite) that is getting to grips with our game in Cardoso.

I think Tav has stepped up his game this season, although was at fault to a degree on Friday. 

Wallace is an absolute liability who continues to regress sadly. 

21 hours ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Shut up ya fucking spastic.

We pay his wages and hes so over hyped, then i read poofy shit like this.

He might "fuck me up!" as well but hes still not the answer.

Leave you to get back to wishing you were sucking his cock ya queerhawk, whilst us adults who are clearly disappointed with the result debate it.

Please don't use that word it may have been acceptable in the 70's to use it to describe people with learning difficulties, but not in this day and age 

17 hours ago, Vanoli said:

He's fucking bang average, it's just as tragic as when everyone wanked over Joey fucking Barton. 

It will take Griffiths/Dembele fucking slaughtering him and us losing by at least 3 next week for our support to realise how mediocre he actually is at this stage in his career. But of course the blame will get passed to Tavernier, because god knows the international superstar (squad player) or the other Poruguese centre half we've decided is decent because he hates an Irish terror group he no doubt has never heard of let alone care about can't do anything wrong. Then we'll pump 2 no mark relegation fodder sides  in a row in response. Repeat the same  cylce, 4-6 times a season. Whole club and fanbase is fucking cancerous from top to bottom.

Comparing Alves to Barton? WTF? How many caps does Barton have, how many minutes did he play for us, and what is he doing now?

As for wanting the taigs to beat us by 3 or more to prove your point... truly fucking pathetic!

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Comparing Alves to Barton? WTF? How many caps does Barton have, how many minutes did he play for us, and what is he doing now?

As for wanting the taigs to beat us by 3 or more to prove your point... truly fucking pathetic!

Highlight the part which implies i want it to happen... 

6 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Can't get away from the fact he did shite himself at the freekick but i wouldn't quite call him a coward in the same way Windass for example is. No doubt the honeymoon is now over for Bruno though it does definitely feel taboo among our support to criticise him. Some genuinely still awe struck that we signed this former 35 year old former Cagliari player. 

Shite himself?

Away and don't talk absolute nonsense fuck sake.

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

Highlight the part which implies i want it to happen... 

If it's what it will take yet won't happen then why even mention it. Bizzare.

To answer my other questions:  Joe has one cap, played less than 300 minutes  for us and is banned from football after costing us a fortune and contributing fuck all to our team and making a mockery of us. Terrible comparison.

You base all of this on a deflection. Really? He shagging your boyfriend or something?

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Totally agree, centre backs are left with too much to cover when especially Tav is bombing down the field then he's no tracking back in time to cover his position.

How many times last season did opposition score at an empty back post and we still haven't learned from it this season, everything starts from the back and until it's sorted I cannot see us getting better defensively.

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

The break up of a wall is one of the poorest defensive mistakes any team can make, it's such a stupid wasteful goal to lose I'm struggling to put it into words.

Yup.

Only equalled by a wall of dafties jumping and the ball goes underneath them.

Stand, keep tight, make the striker work for it and put it over or round.

It really is that simple.

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If it's what it will take yet won't happen then why even mention it. Bizzare.

To answer my other questions:  Joe has one cap, played less than 300 minutes  for us and is banned from football after costing us a fortune and contributing fuck all to our team and making a mockery of us. Terrible comparison.

You base all of this on a deflection. Really? He shagging your boyfriend or something?

There's every chance it could happen. If you honestly think there's no chance of us getting a fucking roasting next week then your so badly wrong. 

Our supporters reacted to both signings equally. Exaggerated hype, biggest signing we've made in years, wait until he gets his hands on lego/thumb etc etc. Their pedigrees are entirely different yes, but the expectations of and reaction too the signings were much the same. You either know that's true or you're choosing to deny it for arguments sake.  

As far as i can see Alves' performances have brought us no closer to celtic than Barton's. We are one point better off now than we were at this point last season and we've only played one half decent side. 

48 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I thought he tried to block it, rather than get out the way. Might be wrong though. 

He clearly read the shot wrong, his fault, a split second error, but a coward would have ' cowered' away from the ball in fear in which case there would have been no contact. Unless of course he failed at being a coward. There is some right shite posted on bere at times.