Bruno Alves.

ForeverAndEver

27 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

There's every chance it could happen. If you honestly think there's no chance of us getting a fucking roasting next week then your so badly wrong. 

Our supporters reacted to both signings equally. Exaggerated hype, biggest signing we've made in years, wait until he gets his hands on lego/thumb etc etc. Their pedigrees are entirely different yes, but the expectations of and reaction too the signings were much the same. You either know that's true or you're choosing to deny it for arguments sake.  

As far as i can see Alves' performances have brought us no closer to celtic than Barton's. We are one point better off now than we were at this point last season and we've only played one half decent side. 

We were playing Partick not the taigs.

I didn't predict what will happen against the filth, but you seem to be shitting yourself from them. Cowardly? ?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched him in the confederation cup, and you could see he WAS a really good player, but he tends to wander now and  up against a pacy player was poor, he's great in the air but what we needed were 2 strong , quick centre halfs but him and cardoso are not that,because of that we will leak goals in every game,as we have done(apart from hearts who camped in their half)

3 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Watched him in the confederation cup, and you could see he WAS a really good player, but he tends to wander now and  up against a pacy player was poor, he's great in the air but what we needed were 2 strong , quick centre halfs but him and cardoso are not that,because of that we will leak goals in every game,as we have done(apart from hearts who camped in their half)

I Agree, he will struggle against pace if out of position, definitely. Strong quick centre halves are like hen teeth, and are pretty sparse in world football. At the budget we operate at its usually one or the other unless we unearth a gem. 

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Like Dorrans, nowhere near what I thought we were getting. He looks extremely average, his passing is abysmal. Although his heading is decent

Nonsense. I'd have to watch the whole match again, but there was a diagonal long pass he made in the second half that went to one of our players feet, just outside their box; and it was deliberate. Last week he set up one of our goals. And as for Dorrans, perhaps you weren't paying attention during the Dundee match, but some of his passing in that game was as good as you will see anywhere; plus he scored a great goal in the last match. 

In reality his positioning has been piss poor in several games recently. The guy is never where he's supposed to be. There's no doubting his pedigree but if he reckons playing in this league is like playing for Porto B, I have no fucking clue how he ever forced his way into the first team if his performances were anything similar. Hopefully improves. 

13 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Nonsense. I'd have to watch the whole match again, but there was a diagonal long pass he made in the second half that went to one of our players feet, just outside their box; and it was deliberate. Last week he set up one of our goals. And as for Dorrans, perhaps you weren't paying attention during the Dundee match, but some of his passing in that game was as good as you will see anywhere; plus he scored a great goal in the last match. 

There is obviously going to be times where he pulls a pass off, I didn't say every pass he makes is poor. He maybe executes a pass like that half the time. 

As for Dorrans his performance in the Dundee game was his worst so far. Constantly misplaced simple passes. 

Youve took my post as that I don't rate them at all. What I'm saying is with all the expectation and experience they possess they have been way below what many fans thought we were getting 

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

There is obviously going to be times where he pulls a pass off, I didn't say every pass he makes is poor. He maybe executes a pass like that half the time. 

As for Dorrans his performance in the Dundee game was his worst so far. Constantly misplaced simple passes. 

Youve took my post as that I don't rate them at all. What I'm saying is with all the expectation and experience they possess they have been way below what many fans thought we were getting 

No it wasn't, and you are taking something away from him by such a claim; his passes that day, especially his diagonal passes, were brilliant at times. As for saying there will times when Alves pulls a pass off, that's another comment where a player just isn't going to win. The fact is we were chasing a win, and that he hit a very good long diagonal ball that found one of our players says a lot about his ability; he has been a huge difference to our team compared to last season, when he made that pass it was then up to that player to do something with it. Alves and Dorrans are among our best performers. One of the reasons we lacked effectiveness the other night was that Candeias didn't really perform; and it's a problem for us because we are heavily dependent on him; he is entitled to a bad performance once in a while, but it just so happened it wasn't his night. We are short of anything out wide as it is, and that will be a concern going into the rest of this season; McKay leaving wasn't to our benefit, and not signing Walker is not to our benefit; not having options out wide will do our challenge a great deal of harm, but Dorrans and Alves are not where our problems are. Candeias had a chance to make it 2-0 late in the first half; had he taken that, it would have been an entirely different match.

Watched the free kick goal a few times now and it was certainly alarming the way the wall fragmented. I like Alves tbh but he does seems to have been the main culprit as he moves the most  jumping sideways and up. Having said that deflection was bit flukey to end up in thr back of the net. :huh:

I've been a huge fan of Foderingham, but as this season has gone on I am beginning to wonder if he has what it takes for us; it might be better to have a more commanding goalkeeper in our goal, and it wouldn't be surprising if our DOF is considering that option in the not too distant future. The weak link in our defence, as far as it comes across to me anyway, has been Foderingham I'm sad to say.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I've been a huge fan of Foderingham, but as this season has gone on I am beginning to wonder if he has what it takes for us; it might be better to have a more commanding goalkeeper in our goal, and it wouldn't be surprising if our DOF is considering that option in the not too distant future. The weak link in our defence, as far as it comes across to me anyway, has been Foderingham I'm sad to say.

?.

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 00:29, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Shut up ya fucking spastic.

We pay his wages and hes so over hyped, then i read poofy shit like this.

He might "fuck me up!" as well but hes still not the answer.

Leave you to get back to wishing you were sucking his cock ya queerhawk, whilst us adults who are clearly disappointed with the result debate it.

hell, that was a raw nerve. We still have problems defensively but most of those are down to poor decisions in forward midfield resulting in us being hit on the break. Generally we look much more solid. Past invincibility is a myth. I remember watching a 3 each draw against Aberdeen in the Gough era when Aberdeen were poor and we looked like conceding everytime they got the ball.

We have a better central defensive pair now than last year but to me one of the problems is that they are trying to compensate for 2 full backs who are just not there in defence frequently. Tav and whoever at left back need told to stay in our half and not wander, then the central defence can get in to the right positions as they are not being left out to dry. Bruno has never been quick and it was positioning that was the big part of his game, this is ruined when he has to make up for the full back not being where they should be. With that said I still expect more from Bruno and would like him to punch a few of our under performers when in the changing room.

5 minutes ago, writingranger said:

hell, that was a raw nerve. We still have problems defensively but most of those are down to poor decisions in forward midfield resulting in us being hit on the break. Generally we look much more solid. Past invincibility is a myth. I remember watching a 3 each draw against Aberdeen in the Gough era when Aberdeen were poor and we looked like conceding everytime they got the ball.

I remember Gough, Butcher and a few other stars having a run of a few shit games, this is nothing new, but over the course of the league they were better than what other teams had to offer to break them down. The league is a marathon not a sprint and a few twists and turns are still to unfold after all it is only September. I do not expect a repeat of last season and septic being undefeated in the league.

On 16/09/2017 at 04:26, Vanoli said:

He's fucking bang average, it's just as tragic as when everyone wanked over Joey fucking Barton. 

It will take Griffiths/Dembele fucking slaughtering him and us losing by at least 3 next week for our support to realise how mediocre he actually is at this stage in his career. But of course the blame will get passed to Tavernier, because god knows the international superstar (squad player) or the other Poruguese centre half we've decided is decent because he hates an Irish terror group he no doubt has never heard of let alone care about can't do anything wrong. Then we'll pump 2 no mark relegation fodder sides  in a row in response. Repeat the same  cylce, 4-6 times a season. Whole club and fanbase is fucking cancerous from top to bottom.

I've been really disappointed with Alves , will head it 40 yards but that's all he does , in for a torrid time next Saturday I'm afraid , not the warrior I thought we were signing , had a look at his previous clubs he's played with shite teams his full career , maybe we are seeing why unfortunately 

20 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I've been really disappointed with Alves , will head it 40 yards but that's all he does , in for a torrid time next Saturday I'm afraid , not the warrior I thought we were signing , had a look at his previous clubs he's played with shite teams his full career , maybe we are seeing why unfortunately 

Porto, Zenit and Fenerbache. 

Aye shite :lol:

23 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Go for a lie down mate that is lunacy. Do you want me to list his honours at those "shite teams" too?