*** The Official Partick Thistle vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Pedro can't afford to lose so I don't expect many change. I'd personally put Rossiter in next to Jack, push Dorrans forward slightly and have El Buffalo up himself for the celtic game in a 4-5-1. This is less drastic a change of shape than going with a back 3 so easier to get right. With that in mind if try it tomorrow.

If we take a lead get Morelos off after an hour and keep him wrapped up in cotton wool and he is by far and away our most important player. Likewise Jack, give him an hour then get Pena on. 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hodson at left back might not be that bad as Roberts being left footed will cut in all the time onto Hodsons strongest foot.

Still prefer going 3-5-2/ 3-5-1-1 though..

I think it's the safer option in terms of sticking with 442. I just think 442 and they will have pressure on us and pick us off.

3511 fills the midfield more and has more pace on the outside. They'll also not expect it.

If we're going to lose I'd rather do it having a go than sitting back and letting the inevitable happen.

48 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think it's the safer option in terms of sticking with 442. I just think 442 and they will have pressure on us and pick us off.

3511 fills the midfield more and has more pace on the outside. They'll also not expect it.

If we're going to lose I'd rather do it having a go than sitting back and letting the inevitable happen.

Aye, anything but 4-4-2..

Double up on Roberts and Sinclair, get Jack to stay close to Armstrong and we'll have a chance.

Can defo see us scoring..

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

It's entirely Windass's own fault. He gave a clear wanker sign to their fans on live TV a week before an old firm. 

The guy is an absolute rocket. 

I agree that windass should have had the brains not to do that in front of live Tv but as other posters have said it's not a level playing field as far as retrospective decisions being handed out to other teams.

I'd start Herrera. Why? Fuck knows. Do I rate him? Do I fuck.

Windass & Declan John (If possible, taking Wallace's injury into account) should be nowhere near the starting line-up after Friday night's showing.

I'd also give Pena a start. He shouldn't start in the Old Firm game, so give him a run-out on Tuesday. Let us see just how much shite can be bought for £2M+.