*** The Official Partick Thistle vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

8 hours ago, Chineseboy said:

Loads of positives last night for me. Pena is exactly what I have been wanting to see, not giving the opposition a moment on the ball. Declan really looks very very comfortable when running at pace with the ball. Morelos has an amazing ability to hold up the ball. Candeias, despite the miss, has loads of ability and put plenty good balls into the box. Tav just keeps getting better, and yes I know he was out jumped for the goal. We have a good second keeper.  Don't understand all the negativity to be honest.  As for the negatives, then it's sitting back once we take the lead, this is totally unacceptable and blame lies with Pedro for that, but if Mourinho is his mate then we shouldn't be surprised. One other negative is that we don't get into the box fast enough, I mean how many low crosses were put across the penalty area with no one there; even Herreras goal should have been put in as windass put a perfect ball in and we were a yard behind it. I am not too happy with the central defence yet, but will see how they cope against the taigs.

if we can build on all that then we are in with a fighting chance on saturday

17 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

I don't think that we are that far away from being a very good team. For long stretches of games we are in total control and playing good stuff. Playing like that for 90 minutes is not happening and thats what needs to be fixed.

If I knew the answer to that I would be in Pedros job.

When we 'switch off' all our players seem to do so at the same time which is incredibly frustrating, we can be cruising and one or two stupid mistakes we are all over the place, confidence?