*** The Official Partick Thistle vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Watching Connor Sammon doing step-overs and sending Cardoso for a sausage supper is up there with the most deflating moments I've experienced as a Rangers fan.

Windass' miss while one-on-one with the net, Portugal internationalist Alves putting a pass high into the Firhill stand, Pena doing everything in slow motion, Candeias' woeful set-pieces, I'm fucking buzzing for next weekend.

6 minutes ago, BigJack1690 said:

1st half summary

Defence shaky as hell at times.

Alnwick made 2 top saves.

Our final ball been poor.

Declan John looks lively, positive running.

Need runners in to the box.

Pena been decent in spells.

Yep, spot on.

Just a thing on here to be as negative as ye possibly can. Getting joy laughing about how much the tarriers will pump us is odd.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Have we forced their keeper to make a save ? Ours has

No. That's because we're not sharp enough up front. As I said. It's also because Cardoso has been getting his arse felt, which I also pointed out. The general play otherwise has been dominated by us.

We have alot of good possession, then get into decent positions, but are ponderous at times in creating the openings in the final third. It takes some sharp, incisive short passing at the important times and that's what we're not doing well enough. 

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

Candeias looked excellent against Dundee,going inside and out,crossing early and getting to the by line but the last two games he doesn't look the same player.

Said earlier he's afraid of getting halved thanks to that late tackle against Dundee, not been the same since

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Final ball has been crap or else no midfielder has gambled on it coming in.

Pena has actually player's decent part in most forward moves. Not as rank as folk as saying though he does still look sluggish.

John has been our best outfield player. Alnwick has done great.

Defence looks dodgy against only 1 forward which is giving them more in midfield than we have.

Nemane for windass early doors needed.

Central midfield sit too deep at times, and the defence seem to launch it over them. They should have been on any scraps