Rangers players who lived in your area or near you.

HeHaw

21 minutes ago, Sinkyrfc88 said:

John stays in Lenzie now, lived around the corner from me. A true gent. My dad used to play golf with him and his son

That was in the seventies. If I remember right stayed in Edinburgh up until he got the managers job. He had a menswear shop in Edinburgh as well, he usually dropped in after training. Ive still got a 1972 ECWC  tie with a John Greig label.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/09/2017 at 15:45, King_gazza said:

Where about's in Renfrew mate do you know?

I was born & raised there, only place I can think would be dean park way.

Waghorn stayed a 10 min drive from me in Giffnock, pretty sure Miller stayed there too.

Deanfield

On 9/26/2017 at 15:45, King_gazza said:

Waghorn stayed a 10 min drive from me in Giffnock, pretty sure Miller stayed there too.

Dave McKinnon  lived near to the Nineteenth Hole pub on the High Street,Renfrew across from Milburn Housing scheme.

It was either Charles avenue or Edwards avenue.

He married local girl  Linda Paton whose dad had a bus company and lived in Pearson drive.

This was before Dean Park was built

On 26/09/2017 at 15:45, King_gazza said:

Pearson Drive , 2 mins from the High school , had a wee shop on corner of Meadowside st aswell , Derek Johnstone was in Dean Park when it was 1st built 

11 minutes ago, portsider said:

Dave McKinnon  lived near to the Nineteenth Hole pub on the High Street,Renfrew across from Milburn Housing scheme.

He married local girl  Linda Paton whose dad had a bus company and lived in Pearson drive.

Didn't see your post before I replied 

26 minutes ago, macmac said:

Didn't see your post before I replied 

He might have lived in Dean Park after he got married.I knew  his younger brother Allan ,who was a very good midfield player with Renfrew Argyle.

Derek Parlane (and his dad, Jimmy) just round the corner from me in the village.  Derek and his two brothers occasionally joined our kickabouts in the park.  His uncle also took our primary school football team and I used to deliver papers to his other uncle.  

Also, Bobby Brown and Walter Smith stay permanently in the town and Terry Butcher, Mark Hateley, Chris Woods, Brian Laudrup, Jonas Thern, Basil Boli, Jorg Albertz, Stefan Klos and Erik Bo Anderson all stayed in the town when they were at Ibrox.  Anderson stopped to watch a bowling match we were playing in at Helensburgh BC, and asked "what's this game?" :lol:

22 minutes ago, macmac said:

Pearson Drive , 2 mins from the High school , had a wee shop on corner of Meadowside st aswell , Derek Johnstone was in Dean Park when it was 1st built 

Your right,that rings a bell .He must have moved to Pearson Drive when he came back from Arsenal and got married.

Just now, portsider said:

Your right,that rings a bell .He must have moved to Pearson Drive when he came back from Arsenal and got married.

I walked along Pearson Drive going to school , early 80's , and he'd be no bother for signing stuff. He only had 1 kidney if I remember right 

34 minutes ago, portsider said:

28 minutes ago, macmac said:

Ah right nice one, I use to stay across from Trinity above the Masonic Lodge. Once met Durrant, McCoist and McCall who were at a wedding there. 

Pretty sure the 19th hole is now called the jack pot (I stayed there 2 years ago so probably changed now). Always drank in the Black Bull just next to the bingo hall. 

1 minute ago, King_gazza said:

Ah right nice one, I use to stay across from Trinity above the Masonic Lodge. Once met Durrant, McCoist and McCall who were at a wedding there. 

Pretty sure the 19th hole is now called the jack pot (I stayed there 2 years ago so probably changed now). Always drank in the Black Bull just next to the bingo hall. 

It's back to the 19th again , Black Bull's still going strong , Prince of Wales is lodge , Trinity was the old Renfrew High before new school was built 

8 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Almost Rangers!,Donnie McKinnon  twin brother of the legend Ronnie lived in Arkleston  scheme,Renfrew for many years.Not sure if still there.