Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

Saturday is now only game number 7 into the season and we have the real possibility of going 8 points behind. I know Tuesday's league cup game comes first but in the grand scheme of things our season (minus the Scottish cup) boils down to Saturday. 

So if its worst case scenario is Saturday the last straw? By worst case I basically mean any defeat. When you add in that Pedro hasn't won us 3 games in a row and we suffered one of our most humiliating European defeats ever then it isn't looking good for him.

Igenuinely think in the three games we haven't won we've been a bit unlucky. But we shouldn't be needing 3 goals to beat thistle and 4 to beat hibs. But the lulls during games are unforgivable. The taigs at this level can win 26 out of 27 etc so even beating them will still make it difficult to over throw them as we will need to be ultra consistent and deliver on a level we haven't done since SFL2.

So what's now a successful season for us? Do the board persevere with Pedro or do we go for manager number 3 and rebuild number 3 if we lose on Saturday? He was backed IMO with an amount that should've had the taigs and us pretty much neck and neck till at least the next window. I think his remit was to keep the gap if we weren't to win the league to single digits. We now sit 5 behind after 6 games and if things continue that way till the seasons end we are looking at a 25/30 point gap at seasons end. It really isn't good enough for a club like us.

If it does go wrong on Saturday then its basically an embarrassing "fight for second" and hoping for the Scottish cup.

We've improved, we can all see it but we can't seem to dominate for the majority of the game.

Don't really see how we pull a biggy out the bag on Saturday if I'm brutally honest and that hurts to say. I'll never ever fear the cunts but looking at the two sides I don't see us beating them. I hope to fuck I'm wrong but come monday next week we might be looking for a new manager 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we might have spent a few quid transfer fees, but football these days its all about wages, our squad will never be as god overall until we start splashing close to that mob in wages, and we arent anywhere near it

the basis is there right now, morelos is a gem, hererra might well be a good partner for him if given time, dorrans is good when miller isnt on the park, alves and cardoso will be fine eventually, and ryan jack will be an outstanding signing for us, but we are still sitting way short, our captain goes off injured and we bring on a loan from cardiff, embarrassing, tav getting plaudits all season switches off and is STILL playing the thistle winger onside to this very minute, windass isnt fit enough or good enough to play winger and clearly never will be

the tarriers have almost 2 players for every position, yeah the backups might well be of a lesser standard, but their backups are probably just as good in some positions as our starters, if morelos gets injured or banned we are fucked, they have goals from all attackers

its fine lines like this that make the difference, until we get euro riches or the board take on way more debt then it might well stay this way

In my honest opinion the board made a mistake appointing him and it's only going to hurt us more keeping him in the job. They need to admit their error, take the financial hit and bring someone else in. I don't think re-build 3 will be anywhere as drastic as it was when Warburton left. ??

If we lose on Saturday by 3/4 then even the optimists will start to realise this will never work.

Dont bother with his interviews or quotes anymore, sad as i wanted him to do well but hes not good enough and like Warburton its getting to the point i cant stand him.

The board have fucked it again and questions need to start being asked at a higher level...

As a club we have had our hands tied and it was always going to be a rough ride, however we should be much further ahead in terms of progress.

Sad fact is Pedro is not good enough

The guy is clearly not good enough.

Doubt we will get rid just yet

I can see a win against thistle and fuck all against the taig.

Could be a cup run will save him  even though it is only delaying the inevitable.

Dont think he will be here come January

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

In my honest opinion the board made a mistake appointing him and it's only going to hurt us more keeping him in the job. They need to admit their error, take the financial hit and bring someone else in. I don't think re-build 3 will be anywhere as drastic as it was when Warburton left. ??

It won't be as big mate you're right but it will be another rebuild on top of the rebuild we just done.

The board need to hope the fans keep up the tremendous backing or they're really going to struggle 

Wrong appointmemt, any game that has actually meant something he has failed to deliver a victory.

The quicker he goes the quicker we can move forward. Getting a guy who can actually grasp the language would be a start.......sure he can speak English but he doesnt understand it, well when he speaks it comes across that way.

I want shot of him, we are going to get another pumping of that lot and its just not acceptable. Even the shit teams in the league have fared better against them than we have.

I don't think anyone should forget that this goes as far back as Ally being in charge. He littered our squad with absolute shite when we should have been properly rebuilding from the moment we went into the 3rd division. 

Too often people just mention Warburtons time here, but it was Ally and his shower of absolute cunts that crippled us and kept us in the championship. Rangers legend my arse. 

I dont think a defeat on Saturday is a foregone conclusion, as unpalatable as it is second place was always gonna realistically gonna be the target, still very achievable, a win on Tuesday puts us in the semis for the league cup, a vast improvement against the tarriers on Saturday is a fucking must - we cant have a repeat of last seasons horrors and I dont think we will.

Results are worse than I'd hoped for. The hibs referee probably contributed greatly. 2 points closer and I think there's less uproar.

Performances at times looks very decent then inconsistency kicks in.

I didn't envisage we'd be challenging for the league this season. Thought and still do it'll take Pedro 3 transfer windows.

For me it's whether to stick or twist.

Stick and see what I see are some good first team player's being added to, and a squad established. Perhaps walker and the sheep lad in December.

Or twist and bring in someone to work with this squad. Don't think there'll be money there for an overhaul again. Hard gig for anyone coming in under these circumstances.

Think jimbeamjunior covers the bigger picture well.

If it's twist then I don't know who that last option for stopping 10 would be.

Maybe only Michael oneill of all the named mentionned.

Regardless it's going to be turmoil if we change, or a wealth of supporters wanting the manager sacked if we don't.

Horrible situation and one only real investment in the playing squad will provide a successful outcome.

2 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

I dont think a defeat on Saturday is a foregone conclusion, as unpalatable as it is second place was always gonna realistically gonna be the target, still very achievable, a win on Tuesday puts us in the semis for the league cup, a vast improvement against the tarriers on Saturday is a fucking must - we cant have a repeat of last seasons horrors and I dont think we will.

Its not inevitable mate but I'm no sure where we actually win the fucker tbh.

A defeat on Saturday is not a foregone conclusion, but if you have any comprehension of where we are our season will be fucked if that happens.There is no way PC is going to be replaced - and failing a totally unlikely collapse by these bastards in the latter part of the season we are going to be scrapping with the sheep for second place. Hearts and Hibs you can forget.

10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Its not inevitable mate but I'm no sure where we actually win the fucker tbh.

I think we have players who can score against them, our defence is a worry, our left hand side is a worry and our mid is a worry, other than that we're sorted, seriously though I think a lot of our problems have been self inflicted if we can cut out that shit and actually play for the whole 90 mins I retain some hope.

Pedro talked about needing "men" in well its time for these men to stand up and be counted.

I honestly think we can take something from the game, not saying a win but mibbe a point.

I'd take a deflection off Pena's fat arse in the 93'rd min, I'd fucking love us to beat them.

Think second closer to them would been a success but way it's going it's going to be another 30 odd points , just wanted Pedro to build a team to beat the rest of the spl to stay on their tails but we can't even do that ??I've never fancied Pedro and absolutely dreading Saturday , can't see us stopping them scoring and can't see us creating enough to win , hope I'm wrong but fearing it's going to be another sore watch 

Foderhingham

Cardoso Alves Wilson 

Tavernier jack rossiter candias 

Pena dorrans

Morelos

Think this should be the formation 3,5,1 for Saturday. It can go to 4,4,2 With Pena pushing forward  and Tav pushing back into right back and Wilson temporary Left back. Pedro should trial this out Tuesday night against the Jags.

54 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Saturday is now only game number 7 into the season and we have the real possibility of going 8 points behind. I know Tuesday's league cup game comes first but in the grand scheme of things our season (minus the Scottish cup) boils down to Saturday. 

So if its worst case scenario is Saturday the last straw? By worst case I basically mean any defeat. When you add in that Pedro hasn't won us 3 games in a row and we suffered one of our most humiliating European defeats ever then it isn't looking good for him.

Igenuinely think in the three games we haven't won we've been a bit unlucky. But we shouldn't be needing 3 goals to beat thistle and 4 to beat hibs. But the lulls during games are unforgivable. The taigs at this level can win 26 out of 27 etc so even beating them will still make it difficult to over throw them as we will need to be ultra consistent and deliver on a level we haven't done since SFL2.

So what's now a successful season for us? Do the board persevere with Pedro or do we go for manager number 3 and rebuild number 3 if we lose on Saturday? He was backed IMO with an amount that should've had the taigs and us pretty much neck and neck till at least the next window. I think his remit was to keep the gap if we weren't to win the league to single digits. We now sit 5 behind after 6 games and if things continue that way till the seasons end we are looking at a 25/30 point gap at seasons end. It really isn't good enough for a club like us.

If it does go wrong on Saturday then its basically an embarrassing "fight for second" and hoping for the Scottish cup.

We've improved, we can all see it but we can't seem to dominate for the majority of the game.

Don't really see how we pull a biggy out the bag on Saturday if I'm brutally honest and that hurts to say. I'll never ever fear the cunts but looking at the two sides I don't see us beating them. I hope to fuck I'm wrong but come monday next week we might be looking for a new manager 

Your having a laugh mate , backed with about 5 million to go neck and neck with a multi million dollar outfit??? We as fans keep pumping money in each year and the board  spend half of it if we are lucky on players. Should have spent 10 on transfers and another 10 in January to get closer to the scum.

Pedro will do absolutely fine if he gets the option of signing  real quality players at least 2 million each.

Just now, saltire266 said:

Your having a laugh mate , backed with about 5 million to go neck and neck with a multi million dollar outfit??? We as fans keep pumping money in each year and the board  spend half of it if we are lucky on players. Should have spent 10 on transfers and another 10 in January to get closer to the scum.

Pedro will do absolutely fine if he gets the option of signing  real quality players at least 2 million each.

No I'm no kidding. 

13 minutes ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

A defeat on Saturday is not a foregone conclusion, but if you have any comprehension of where we are our season will be fucked if that happens.There is no way PC is going to be replaced - and failing a totally unlikely collapse by these bastards in the latter part of the season we are going to be scrapping with the sheep for second place. Hearts and Hibs you can forget.

How realistic was it to expect anything else?

We're better than we were last season, results mibbe haven't showed that yet but we are player for player better, We're an unbalanced team, everything goes down the right, we're predictable, we're sloppy, I dont think Pedro should have been appointed, a massive gamble when we needed safe hands, but no one would rectify all the problems in one window. we're probably 4 decent quality first pick players short of being a team who could even hope to challenge.

44 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

we might have spent a few quid transfer fees, but football these days its all about wages, our squad will never be as god overall until we start splashing close to that mob in wages, and we arent anywhere near it

the basis is there right now, morelos is a gem, hererra might well be a good partner for him if given time, dorrans is good when miller isnt on the park, alves and cardoso will be fine eventually, and ryan jack will be an outstanding signing for us, but we are still sitting way short, our captain goes off injured and we bring on a loan from cardiff, embarrassing, tav getting plaudits all season switches off and is STILL playing the thistle winger onside to this very minute, windass isnt fit enough or good enough to play winger and clearly never will be

the tarriers have almost 2 players for every position, yeah the backups might well be of a lesser standard, but their backups are probably just as good in some positions as our starters, if morelos gets injured or banned we are fucked, they have goals from all attackers

its fine lines like this that make the difference, until we get euro riches or the board take on way more debt then it might well stay this way

Great post Jim:tu: 100 % how I see it