Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Said it from the start he gets the season. 

Hypothetical question, if we get shot of Pedro tomorrow and we are no better under the next manger by Christmas do we get shot of him as well and if no better under the next by Easter do we get shot of him as well. 

When do you say enough is enough we have to give one of these guys a longer spell. 

Yes.

Why's that even a serious question? if someone's no good you get someone better in - or do I not live in the real world anymore or something? 

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Said it from the start he gets the season. 

Hypothetical question, if we get shot of Pedro tomorrow and we are no better under the next manger by Christmas do we get shot of him as well and if no better under the next by Easter do we get shot of him as well. 

When do you say enough is enough we have to give one of these guys a longer spell. 

Yes if a manager is underperforming or is not fit for purpose he should be replaced

it is the board's responsibility to find the funds to entice a proven manager of quality to manage us. Simply saying that they don't have the ability to do so then renders the entire hierarchy not fit for purpose and questions need to be asked. 

Simply sticking by Pedro because he's in charge whilst ignoring all the on-field issues is bizarre. So if we are sitting in 10th place with a goal difference of -50 come February you'd still give him til the end of the season? 

Mental 

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It is; if we have no one better in mind, then why would he be sacked. Who would you have in mind, as clearly better?

How do you know there is nobody better available and willing to manage our club? You know the profile and motivations of all managers in world football to entirely discount an adequate upgrade to Pedro caixinha??? Seriously?

3 minutes ago, KWBear said:

How do you know there is nobody better available and willing to manage our club? You know the profile and motivations of all managers in world football to entirely discount an adequate upgrade to Pedro caixinha??? Seriously?

First class tactic, you want him removed but land it on me to find his replacement. I will return you to your question; who do you suggest?

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

So you can guarantee that they will be better? McInnes' team drew at home to Kilmarnock at the weekend by the way. 

You need to remember it's Aberdeen, though - results like that Kilmarnock should be the norm for them, but it's BECAUSE of McInnes they aren't and considered a bad result ... even with that said and that bad result for them, they're still above us. What does that say about Pedro? 

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Of course I can't guarantee that, what a ridiculous argument.

Not really; normally what happens in a situation like this is that you know who is better that will replace who you currently have. This club needs stability, and unless there is a clear alternative, meaning someone better, then what is the point of removing the manager?

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You need to remember it's Aberdeen, though - results like that Kilmarnock should be the norm for them, but it's BECAUSE of McInnes they aren't and considered a bad result ... even with that said and that bad result for them, they're still above us. What does that say about Pedro? 

Aberdeen were ahead of us in the league last season.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Not really; normally what happens in a situation like this is that you know who is better that will replace who you currently have. This club needs stability, and unless there is a clear alternative, meaning someone better, then what is the point of removing the manager?

They are both better managers, I can't guarantee that they would be a success here or any other manager for that matter, that isn't enough to keep a manager who is terrible in a job though.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

First class tactic, you want him removed by land it on me to find his replacement. I will return you to your question; who do you suggest?

It is the board's responsibility to appoint a manager who can improve us, not fans sitting in a forum throwing names around. 

I don't run a football club. Those that do, including our lauded DoF should have a short list of preferred candidates in the event that the incumbent manager is failing in his role. I don't have a fucking clue about who is available, what the budget is, the recruitment strategy. I'd imagine that is the role of our DoF who is coining a fortune as expert in such circumstances. Me simply naming names is utterly redundant, but I'd eat a mile of shite if there wasn't a single better alternative in world football to Pedro caixinha. 

continue to get thrashed by the taigs and he has to go. It's simple, he is never a Rangers manager 

I personally would give Pedro till Christmas,then reevaluate the situation then.I dont think we should be looking at how far we are behind them,we should be looking at whether we have improved from Warburtons last matches.

At the time when the job came up,I thought Tommy Wright was the stand out candidate,I still believe this.

1 minute ago, KWBear said:

It is the board's responsibility to appoint a manager who can improve us, not fans sitting in a forum throwing names around. 

I don't run a football club. Those that do, including our lauded DoF should have a short list of preferred candidates in the event that the incumbent manager is failing in his role. I don't have a fucking clue about who is available, what the budget is, the recruitment strategy. I'd imagine that is the role of our DoF who is coining a fortune as expert in such circumstances. Me simply naming names is utterly redundant, but I'd eat a mile of shite if there wasn't a single better alternative in world football to Pedro caixinha. 

continue to get thrashed by the taigs and he has to go. It's simple, he is never a Rangers manager 

Ordinarily I would agree with you, but sacking him and replacing him with managers of a similar standard is a no go for me; I just wouldn't go there. I know who I would pick, and have said it on here numerous times; but he would require a salary, and a budget that would make us compete for the title. Anything other than that is just us moving deckchairs around.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Aberdeen were ahead of us in the league last season.

and they are this season too - I don't really see the point? if you don't think McInnes is a decent manager that's fine but he's doing a vastly superior job compared to Pedro relative to the resources of both teams.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

and they are this season too - I don't really see the point? if you don't think McInnes is a decent manager that's fine but he's doing a vastly superior job compared to Pedro relative to the resources of both teams.

Rangers is a totally different club, and nothing suggests that McInnes would bring success here.

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yes.

Why's that even a serious question? if someone's no good you get someone better in - or do I not live in the real world anymore or something? 

So where do you stop? Just get shot, get shot, get shot. 

What kind of manager do you seriously think is going to take a job at a club like that? 

Also can you tell me where we are going to find the money to sack 3 managers a season on the off chance we get lucky and find a good one that manages to win his first 8 games. 

2 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Where? There's absolutely no pressure on the board at all for now appointing 3 duds in a row. None. 

Everyone wants to kick Pedro as if he appointed himself. 

Sorry mate, but I completely disagree. I think a lot of us feel sorry for the guy because he means well and perhaps has the makings of a great manager future and has a great attitude. But, personally I think the board backed the wrong horse, and that is not Pedro's fault. I see him as trying his best, pity the board couldn't do the same.