Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

2 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

If football today teaches us anything, it tells us that you only get the manager your board deserve.  Unless things change in terms of the budget etc then what happens with the manager is maybe not completely irrelevant, but largely so.

I like your mark hughes shout 

in fact I really like your mark hughes shout 

But I agree he would need money, cost money, and probably pitch himself higher than us at present. 

While most will cry "bullshit" to the appointment of a manager of this calibre , lets just look across Glasgow where the taigs have appointed a guy who nearly won the premier league a few years ago. While Rodgers may be a laughing stock to many, he could (IMO) arguably have secured a PL job had he played the waiting game. Rodgers might be a cunt, and might be over rated in scotlands eyes as a messiah, but for the standard of the SPFL he is streets ahead as evidenced by the upturn in the scum's performances with what seems like limited additions to the playing squad since his arrival (happy to be corrected)

long and the short of it is we shouldn't just assume that our options are shite. We are still a massive club and it is the responsibility of the board to find a successor who can actually take us forward with minimal risk. Pedro was a fucking punt, a smart arse move that has and will continue to go tits up. There is absolutely no evidence that he has what it takes. None. He's lurched from one embarrassment to another and he is a fuckin shambles of a manager

We appointed a DoF so it is time for that very same DoF to find a high calibre alternative who represents the highest chance of success. Failure to do so should see this fucking board chased. 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, KWBear said:

But I agree he would need money, cost money, and probably pitch himself higher than us at present. 

While most will cry "bullshit" to the appointment of a manager of this calibre , lets just look across Glasgow where the taigs have appointed a guy who nearly won the premier league a few years ago. While Rodgers may be a laughing stock to many, he could (IMO) arguably have secured a PL job had he played the waiting game. Rodgers might be a cunt, and might be over rated in scotlands eyes as a messiah, but for the standard of the SPFL he is streets ahead as evidenced by the upturn in the scum's performances with what seems like limited additions to the playing squad since his arrival (happy to be corrected)

long and the short of it is we shouldn't just assume that our options are shite. We are still a massive club and it is the responsibility of the board to find a successor who can actually take us forward with minimal risk. Pedro was a fucking punt, a smart arse move that has and will continue to go tits up. There is absolutely no evidence that he has what it takes. None. He's lurched from one embarrassment to another and he is a fuckin shambles of a manager

We appointed a DoF so it is time for that very same DoF to find a high calibre alternative who represents the highest chance of success. Failure to do so should see this fucking board chased. 

The Caixinha appointment is strange, because of the risk factor, when this club is hardly in a position to get it wrong. I think things need to change at boardroom level for us to show intent to the level they have; frustrating as that is.

41 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I honestly think many in here want us to lose on Saturday so they can start hating Pedro more 

If we lose badly I might even be doing the same but until that happens .I think I will lay of Pedro bashing for a while longer 

Shite.

26 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Rodgers came to a team in a position of strength, with CL exposure and money, and a decentish squad which he's improved.

They have a superior income, revenue streams, player squad value as assets and can pay higher salaries.

Tbh it was an easy decision for him to come.

Any new Rangers manager will be expected to counter all that within 2 years when a league title must be delivered, with considerably less cash to do so.

It's a great challenge but a far greater risk to someone's cv if it doesn't go well. And there's no reason to assume it should if the bheasts hold more aces.

I'm not saying we can't or won't attract better.

But whilst it could be argued Rodgers has stepped down from his level at minor risk it will be very challenging for us to get someone of great calibre to also step down to spl level given the risks to their credibility. Especially given the basket case we've been as a club.

Which is why we're only likely to attract someone stepping up a level. Ie a mcinnes. Who I'm not sure can over deliver enough to make us top again with less resources than the bheasts.

All in all its not great.

2 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Still one of the best jobs in football, and if there was a good budget to go with it then it would be even more sought after. For all this club has been through it is still a great club. Ex players and managers who have had success here would count this as a special place to be. McIness would take it, but I hope we go for a better manager than him one day soon.

With this board, any new manager is coming to secure second. Funds aint their for quality to match the scum, far less the wages a decent manager would command.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Rodgers came to a team in a position of strength, with CL exposure and money, and a decentish squad which he's improved.

They have a superior income, revenue streams, player squad value as assets and can pay higher salaries.

Any new Rangers manager will be expected to counter all that within 2 years when a league title must be delivered, with considerably less cash to do so.

It's a great challenge but a far greater risk to someone's cv if it doesn't go well. And there's no reason to assume it should if the bheasts hold more aces.

But whilst it could be argued Rodgers gas stepped diwn from his level at minor risk it will be very challenging for us to get someone of great calibre to also step down to spl level given the risks to their credibility. Especially given the basket case we've been as a club.

Which is why we're only likely to attract someone stepping up a level. Ie a mcinnes. Who I'm not sure can over deliver enough to make us top again with less resources than the bheasts.

Nail on the head.

All in all, we're fucked.

I'm doing this again. My team for the weekend. 

Foderingham

Tavernier, Alves, Cardoso, Wilson.

Holt, Jack

Candeias,                   Dorrans

Windass

Morelos.

I think that was what I intended first time, and screwed it up.

6 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Nail on the head.

All in all, we're fucked.

I really think much of my post is the basis of the decision to bring in Pedro.

The hope he could over deliver on the cheap.

Must've been some presentation he gave....

18 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Foderingham

Holt, Jack

Windass

Morelos.

Seriously ? Holt and Windass ? We're fucked. 

Just now, Boybluesy said:

Seriously ? Holt and Windass ? We're fucked. 

Who else do we have? Rossiter is injured, Wallace is the same. What would you recommend? I'm not a fan of Holt, but is there an option you have instead of him? We need to have our midfield strong, with a balance to both sides of the park; unlike what was the case the other night.

47 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

But whilst it could be argued Rodgers has stepped down from his level at minor risk it will be very challenging for us to get someone of great calibre to also step down to spl level given the risks to their credibility. Especially given the basket case we've been as a club.

Agree with all of this. Very realistic. I'm fed up with reality, so I can see a massive turn around beginning at the weekend when we humble them 5 nil before going on a 20 game win streak.

47 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Foderingham

Holt, Jack

Windass

Morelos.

Wilson and Dorrans would be abused on the left. Both painfully slow. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Try 2 months. 

10 hours ago, BlueMexican said:

You put Football Manager on vacation mode when attending school. 

Great contribution. 

How many points do you think Caixinha must fall behind before the board take action?

As above, I think it will be when we fall 20-25 points behind, which I think will be after the new year game, leaving us on course to match the poor performance of the previous season.

I genuinely think Pedro, given time, will come good.  His signings thus far have been far better than anything we've seen in Ibrox in a long long time. He's no miracle worker tho, people need to appreciate that we've effectively bought a whole team a few weeks ago, on a limited budget also. The players will not play like a gelled team straight away, defensive partnerships take time and understanding to work together. 

The manager is still trying to find his best 11, he's still building the team. 

One thing that Pedro is without doubt; a great man manager, he's passionate and believes in his players, whilst not taking fools lightly. People buy into his way of thinking and that's a quality that we've missed for some time with recent pretenders. 

The board IMO would be throwing the towel in by letting Pedro go if we are defeated on Saturday, let's be honest almost every one of us thinks we'll be beaten on Saturday so where's the need to judge Pedro by this?? Listen I'm as keen for our team to be back on top as the rest o you, I'm fuckin fed up o bein the laughing stock but without a very large sum of money being pumped into our club there's simply no quick fix. 

We've got a manager that has some real top qualities and I believe we have a few decent players now, after another couple of transfer windows we could have a fighting chance guys. Let's not look to start all over again, get behind our manager and players, they need the 12th man on Saturday. Let's make sure they know they're at Ibrox lads. WATP mon the gers :UK:

12 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

I genuinely think Pedro, given time, will come good.  His signings thus far have been far better than anything we've seen in Ibrox in a long long time. He's no miracle worker tho, people need to appreciate that we've effectively bought a whole team a few weeks ago, on a limited budget also. The players will not play like a gelled team straight away, defensive partnerships take time and understanding to work together. 

The manager is still trying to find his best 11, he's still building the team. 

One thing that Pedro is without doubt; a great man manager, he's passionate and believes in his players, whilst not taking fools lightly. People buy into his way of thinking and that's a quality that we've missed for some time with recent pretenders. 

The board IMO would be throwing the towel in by letting Pedro go if we are defeated on Saturday, let's be honest almost every one of us thinks we'll be beaten on Saturday so where's the need to judge Pedro by this?? Listen I'm as keen for our team to be back on top as the rest o you, I'm fuckin fed up o bein the laughing stock but without a very large sum of money being pumped into our club there's simply no quick fix. 

We've got a manager that has some real top qualities and I believe we have a few decent players now, after another couple of transfer windows we could have a fighting chance guys. Let's not look to start all over again, get behind our manager and players, they need the 12th man on Saturday. Let's make sure they know they're at Ibrox lads. WATP mon the gers :UK:

Bits in bold, what the actual fuck :lol: 

1 minute ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Keep wishing for Santa to bring you messi son...

:lol: 

You said Pedro is a great man manager, based on what? He cant' be judged on Saturday because he has made us that shite nobody expects a result? What great qualities does he have?