Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

Just now, Brown Brogues said:

If we had the same current squad, do you think any other manager we could get realistically would definitely beat them? I hate the cunts and want to beat them bit it wont be easy with our squad. I know you could say well Pedro brought in these players which is fair enough but with 6 million spend, i think to consistently beat they wanks is a big ask no matter who we have at the helm.

Definitely? no there's no defo's but a much, much better chance? then yes. Without a doubt. 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, K.A.I said:

Definitely? no there's no defo's but a much, much better chance? then yes. Without a doubt. 

Fair enough mate. I dont think celtic are as good as made out tbh. But i think if we battled and got a draw, with the turn over of playerswe have had i would consider it pass marks at least. 

Just now, Brown Brogues said:

Fair enough mate. I dont think celtic are as good as made out tbh. But i think if we battled and got a draw, with the turn over of playerswe have had i would consider it pass marks at least. 

Agree with first part, disagree with the second. Should never celebrate a draw at Ibrox against them or consider it pass-marks especially since it's near the start of the season and first Old Firm game and at home and with new players. 

41 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If we win on Saturday it will be a huge psychological boost which could carry on up to xmas. Ultimately though the scum have invested much more in signings and wages than we have  over the last few years and we won't catch up with/surpass them for more than a couple of weeks.

Ours squad simply isn't deep enough. I just hope we don't have a pile of suspensions or injuries or we will really struggle to get second place.

psychologically Dave King needs to be at Ibrox on Saturday  

I don't have faith that he will turn around the deficit in the league and I can't see him beating the taigs, If we get put out by Thistle and then a loss to them then  the board will be forced to act. Should never have been given the job in the first place. 

42 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The way I see it is if we win on Saturday the squad really has to kick on and go on a decent run.

There's no point beating them if we are going to go to Hamilton the week after and drop points like we have been lately.

I'd take that just now.

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It's laughable if any of us on here actually think the board are going to do anything or anyone inside Ibrox will say anything against the board. 

Don't think anyone expects it. Not me anyway.

For the board to sack him, it's admitting they got it wrong and therefore taking criticism. They won't be wanting to make that decision lightly. In fact, they will give him way too long for the sake of their own ego's and dwindling reputations. Which is sad as the club and team and fans suffer as a result.

25 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Betting it's a draw and people think it's big progress and he's great.

Anything less than a win and he should be gone as our manager by the time Match Of The Day starts on Saturday night. 

Definitely win or be sacked for him, unless Thistle knock us out the cup then we head into another old firm match with another interim manager or let Pedro humiliate himself one last time. 

Kenny Miller is basically a cert to start, but I'd rather see us going with a single striker and have Dorrans sat higher as the main supply for Morelos. We should be sacrificing a striking option to beef out the midfield for this game anyway.

Morelos needs to keep the head, their defence have had an easy time of it and I think when they need to deal with Morelos' approach they'll be too stupid to realise that's how the game can be played and they'll just look to target him if he's isolated up there.

I am hopeful we will first of all get to the semi-final of the LC, but to be honest at the moment I am not as confident as I would like to be after Friday nights game. The result and performance in this game will either have us 'up' for the tarriers game or on a downer once again. 

What happens if we lose the OF game ? Well it will probably depend on what the score and performance is, if it is a close game (1 goal in it) then Pedro will survive another day, that does not mean that I think he should but just what I think our board will do. It would be the same if it is a draw.

If we are fortunate enough to win this game then Pedro will have bought himself a lot of time IMO.

I think PC will be here till the end of the season no matter the result on Saturday . It's one thing saying we've spent as much as them this season , but we really needed to overhaul a full team while they've just needed to tweak an established , settled and winning side .

We aren't known for our patience , but it takes time to overhaul a team , I think the board realise that , and even if we were to bring someone else in , they'd be looking for guarantees of at least a season to implement their  philosophy , or at least certainly more than the dozen or so games we've given this new team .I thought it unrealistic to overhaul the tarriers this season , but it was interesting to see @Rfc52 mention the points gap to be in single figures which is a lot more realistic and to build on that .

I have be honest , I did expect to be further ahead in our progress - we haven't controlled games consistently  or performed well enough , so I don't know if PC is the answer , but even though I'm a believer that you can see early on if someone is going to be a success , I'd still give him till the end of the season . 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

we might have spent a few quid transfer fees, but football these days its all about wages, our squad will never be as god overall until we start splashing close to that mob in wages, and we arent anywhere near it

the basis is there right now, morelos is a gem, hererra might well be a good partner for him if given time, dorrans is good when miller isnt on the park, alves and cardoso will be fine eventually, and ryan jack will be an outstanding signing for us, but we are still sitting way short, our captain goes off injured and we bring on a loan from cardiff, embarrassing, tav getting plaudits all season switches off and is STILL playing the thistle winger onside to this very minute, windass isnt fit enough or good enough to play winger and clearly never will be

the tarriers have almost 2 players for every position, yeah the backups might well be of a lesser standard, but their backups are probably just as good in some positions as our starters, if morelos gets injured or banned we are fucked, they have goals from all attackers

its fine lines like this that make the difference, until we get euro riches or the board take on way more debt then it might well stay this way

An accurate assessment and shows how difficult it is for the board as we don't want to overextend the finances ever again. 

We're well short of having a team that can challenge the taigs over a season for the title, but no player should be allowed on that pitch on Saturday who doesn't believe we can challenge them over 90 mins at home, they have to take something from their C/L game following midweek and will mibbe have an eye on that, if we can play for the same level for 90 mins we only manage for 30mins currently we can take something from this game. Its gonna take a massive improvement in commitment , concentration and application but if these players cant do that and if the manager cant inspire it for a game against the tags at Ibrox, his team no ono elses, the fuck s the point in them or him being there.

1 hour ago, Orange and Blue said:

Foderhingham

Cardoso Alves Wilson 

Tavernier jack rossiter candias 

Pena dorrans

Morelos

Think this should be the formation 3,5,1 for Saturday. It can go to 4,4,2 With Pena pushing forward  and Tav pushing back into right back and Wilson temporary Left back. Pedro should trial this out Tuesday night against the Jags.

I'd absolutely be going 3-5-1.  4-4-2 and it's going to be s long long day.  

He just can't  go 4-4-2.

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

I'd absolutely be going 3-5-1.  4-4-2 and it's going to be s long long day.  

He just can't  go 4-4-2.

I'd surrender a striker pack the mid, bring in Rossiter and push Dorrans further forward but starting with 9 outfield players is a step too far mate.