Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

5 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

it's no good enough just to hope we can beat them on any given day mate, we should be challenging on all fronts and beating them or running them close all the time, we've spent £6-7m this Summer and in Scotland that's a kings ransom, with that kind of outlay I'm looking for more than springing the odd surprise against them.

I agree but face to face as of this moment all we have is hope then if it does happen let's not hope its like when we won in the SC semi atmospheric high then a downward spiral.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I don't think we've spent as much as them.

For a start Brenda doesn't know what we've spent. Secondly, loan fee for Roberts will be in the millions. He's also not taking salaries into account at all.

All he's doing is building pressure on Pedro.

Yeah , I think you could be right . Ntcham cost 4.5M in fees alone iirc . 

All mind games ahead of Saturday . 

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Would have Jack and Rossiter sitting centrally.

The bheasts flood the midfield and I think we need the two of them.

If we're basing them not being playable together based on Progres then we should stop the 11 that started that day.

3511 for me.

Everyone had a stinker, but it's the method of play with the two of them in there - it's more than having a bad game, it totally nullified any sort of flow and attack. Play Rossiter and we'll be LUCKY to get a draw. 

2 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

Foderhingham

Cardoso Alves Wilson 

Tavernier jack rossiter candias 

Pena dorrans

Morelos

Think this should be the formation 3,5,1 for Saturday. It can go to 4,4,2 With Pena pushing forward  and Tav pushing back into right back and Wilson temporary Left back. Pedro should trial this out Tuesday night against the Jags.

You're killing me here ma man!! :lol: 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Everyone had a stinker, but it's the method of play with the two of them in there - it's more than having a bad game, it totally nullified any sort of flow and attack. Play Rossiter and we'll be LUCKY to get a draw. 

Nah mate.

Too big a jump to see that.

The two of them dovetail in there as part of a midfield 5 and let the other 2 pacy wide men plus dorrans support the front 2.

Best option imo, IF player's are fit.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nah mate.

Too big a jump to see that.

The two of them dovetail in there as part of a midfield 5 and let the other 2 pacy wide men plus dorrans support the front 2.

Best option imo, IF player's are fit.

Sorry really strongly disagree. For all Pedro's faults, one thing he will get right on Saturday is having Rossiter nowhere near the starting XI.

By all means have him on the bench and last 20 minutes, even half an hour bring him on and play that sort of defensive formation if we are looking light we'd be lucky to get a draw if the taigs are rampant and finding all sorts of space in midfield or even better we are protecting a 1-0 and they've got the momentum.

That's the ONLY circumstances I can justify him getting gametime. He's not great. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Sorry really strongly disagree. For all Pedro's faults, one thing he will get right on Saturday is having Rossiter nowhere near the starting XI.

By all means have him on the bench and last 20 minutes, even half an hour bring him on and play that sort of defensive formation if we are looking light we'd be lucky to get a draw if the taigs are rampant and finding all sorts of space in midfield or even better we are protecting a 1-0 and they've got the momentum.

That's the ONLY circumstances I can justify him getting gametime. He's not great. 

I respect your opinion mate.

Even when you're wrong ??

We can't afford to replace, rebuild, replace rebuild - before we know it we're always searching for something we clearly can't afford  

if we could afford 2mill a year for a manager we would have him by now  

the strategy must be to get behind him, allow him build a team over a few transfer windows and support Pedro in what is clearly a medium to long term plan for our club  

anything else is folly  

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

We can't afford to replace, rebuild, replace rebuild - before we know it we're always searching for something we clearly can't afford  

if we could afford 2mill a year for a manager we would have him by now  

the strategy must be to get behind him, allow him build a team over a few transfer windows and support Pedro in what is clearly a medium to long term plan for our club  

anything else is folly  

You do that with the right person. Pedro isn't - the evidence is overwhelming and in front of everyone's faces (should they choose to see it)

Otherwise make Gustav the manager or something if results don't matter and we are gonna pin hopes on someone who's done nothing. Why not? 

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You do that with the right person. Pedro isn't - the evidence is overwhelming and in front of everyone's faces (should they choose to see it)

Otherwise make Gustav the manager or something if results don't matter and we are gonna pin hopes on someone who's done nothing. Why not? 

That cunt clearly knows less about fitba than Pedro.