Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Obviously it's nice to have records like that for as long as possible but I don't lose sleep over them if they're broken, it's only if they're then having such an impact on our cup or league campaigns that you have to sit up and take notice. 

I've essentially written off Pedro's first three months in charge but if we do poorly on Tuesday and/or Saturday I will happily admit that he probably won't be much of a success.

Probably as close to my opinion as I've seen on here.

I really do think Pedro came in with the opinion that identifying player strengths and weaknesses was more important than results. Which i believe was endorsed by the board.

He then became public enemy number one to many players who knew he didn't rate them. That's why I hate the murty comparisons. Murty had to be their mate and bond them. Pedro was starting the process of getting shot of 12 of them.

Folk refer to sheep game. Did we not play two young CHs rather than Hill? Potentially as a test? Which perhaps showed him enough about Bates ability amongst others. Who knows.

Progres? Sorry but I'm puting that on the players. Shocking attitudes, performances, and in both games I was confident the starting 11 would do ok. For me the players failed themselves and our club.

After that I think pre season was fucked up, but that was on Pedro to sort. Sort it he hasn't, and as far as I'm concerned this is his team, his team that are under achieving.

He needs wins and points. I always felt 3 transfer windows were needed but the position we are in over rides that.

It really is make or break imo.

I can accept probably more than most due to my perception of the above factors. But that grace period has run dry. Especially given his repeated selection of Miller which is sackable in its own right.

I like Pedro. I'd probably prefer to stick with him. But even given my higher than average tolerance level his team is under performing and if he can't sort it urgently his time rightly will be up.

Apologies for the Reformation Bear type reply.

So whenever the scum get 3 ponts or more ahead the seasons a write off and the manager should get bumped? If they are 10 points ahead at Christmas there is no way to reel them in??? Do people on here expect the leaugue each year to be 1 point of a differance the whole 36 games?? FFS too man people here need a reality check. 

We are where we are lets just knuckle down and try our best, at least this years team isnt full of gutless shitebags like last seasons.

M going for a win on Saturday but Pedro is poor if we get hammered by 3 or more.Set us up to make sure we are not open to a pumpfest or its on his neck

10 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

So whenever the scum get 3 ponts or more ahead the seasons a write off and the manager should get bumped? If they are 10 points ahead at Christmas there is no way to reel them in??? Do people on here expect the leaugue each year to be 1 point of a differance the whole 36 games?? FFS too man people here need a reality check. 

We are where we are lets just knuckle down and try our best, at least this years team isnt full of gutless shitebags like last seasons.

M going for a win on Saturday but Pedro is poor if we get hammered by 3 or more.Set us up to make sure we are not open to a pumpfest or its on his neck

Red wine or vodka?

10 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

No. But when there's one big pattern and those 3 points look to turn into more and more and more then you need to act. It's 6 games in and we have a 50% win ratio ffs, they are 5-points ahead. That's unacceptable at this early stage. 

It bubbles down to if you've got faith in Pedro to turn it around. You obviously do. I don't. If anything I think the safe money is on it getting worse with the evidence we have.

It's not like it's February and we've lost a game, they won and they've pulled 3-clear in the title race - is it? 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

No. But when there's one big pattern and those 3 points look to turn into more and more and more then you need to act. It's 6 games in and we have a 50% win ratio ffs, they are 5-points ahead. That's unacceptable at this early stage. 

It bubbles down to if you've got faith in Pedro to turn it around. You obviously do. I don't. If anything I think the safe money is on it getting worse with the evidence we have.

It's not like it's February and we've lost a game, they won and they've pulled 3-clear in the title race - is it? 

I would say less than 10 up to January would be doing ok considering the money we have spent.The problem dosent all sit with Pedro.If we get injuries we will be fucked and its down to cash.The breadman seen it coming and made a hasty escape.Money in our case could change so much.

Im 50/50 on Pedro,upgrade on the breadman but I agree with people here wondering with his record etc that how he was a no1 choice.

The board hoping being in Europe fills the coffers so they dont have to backfired big time.

Needs to drop Miller,Niko and Windass as a starter . Hold the fort till Jan then spend 10 M and go for it for the second half

Just now, saltire266 said:

I would say less than 10 up to January would be doing ok considering the money we have spent.The problem dosent all sit with Pedro.If we get injuries we will be fucked and its down to cash.The breadman seen it coming and made a hasty escape.Money in our case could change so much.

Im 50/50 on Pedro,upgrade on the breadman but I agree with people here wondering with his record etc that how he was a no1 choice.

The board hoping being in Europe fills the coffers so they dont have to backfired big time.

Needs to drop Miller,Niko and Windass as a starter . Hold the fort till Jan then spend 10 M and go for it for the second half

You talk about money but we've substantially outspent everyone else in the league other than celtic so we should be cleaning up against them but as I said 50% win ratio, never 3 wins in a row etc against these very same teams. It doesn't look good on Pedro no matter how you spin it.

I know as much as the next guy how unambitious our board are and I honestly wonder if we will be successful every again with these guys in charge but like last season the board got Warburton off the hook and Warburton got the board off the hook in the blame game - it's a cunt of a situation and we are now in it again.

There's blame on both parts - but we need to apportion it fairly. 

56 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

I only wanted Pedro to build a team to beat the rest of the Shite in the spl at least then we'd stay on Celtics tails , 6 games in we've dropped points to 3 of them and going into a old firm game that will more and likely put us clean out the championship race 7 games in , it's not good enough I'm afraid 

Pedros spent more on one player than probably the full bottom half of the spl cost all together and almost 2 months into the season he still doesn't trust him to start a game ? He needs to understand you don't get time on the ball in the spl is the latest excuse , how will he understand this from the bench , keep wishing Pedro would change my mind and pray it's Saturday but I think we're pissing against the wind with this lad as manager 

I think that defeat against Thistle in the cup, and a 3, or more, goal defeat against Them, on Saturday, should see Pedro removed as manager.

I like Pedro, but I'm not sure he's the right man for the job. The thing is, if we beat Thistle, and draw with Them, he'll keep his job. It's deciding what's worse, Pedro staying, and getting 2 good results, or getting knocked out of the cup, and humped by Them, and Pedro getting sacked? 

If the board do sack Pedro, will we bring in the right man for the job? Who is the right man for the job? McInnes?

The points difference is key, as Rfc52 says. I would estimate that we will only have 40 points come the new year game. After that game, we will still have 40 points and be in 3rd place, whereas the league leaders will have 60 (or more). 

I base my 40 point estimation on the following:

celtic H Lose

Accies A Win

St. J A Draw

Sheep H Lose

Killie H Win

Hearts A Draw

Partick H Win

Accies H Win

Dundee A Win

Sheep A Lose

Ross C. H Win

Hibs A Lose

St. J H Win

Killie A Win

M'well H Win

celtic A Lose

With a points difference of 20-25 points with 15 games left, I will support the decision to sack Pedro Caixinha and install Graeme Murty, who will guide us to 2nd place by the end of the season. 

A lot of the chat on here is fucking mental. So many people calling for Pedro and the boards head and offering no solution after it's done. We can't honestly blame Pedro for Hibs or Thistle. What more could he have done? Hearts I blame him but not them.

We need to stop being trigger happy or we will turn into also-fans in the long term. We have brought in so many new players that I think Pedro needs to be given this season and a non-negotiable target of 2nd place with the cups as a bonus. If he achieves that then lets kick on next year. I fucking hate being behind them as much as anyone but just punting managers and boards isn't gonna help.

The board has us in a much more stable position now than before they came in and we can't be judged against past Rangers teams. We must be judged against recent Rangers teams and imo we are performing better than last season. We can't judge him on this weeks games that aren't even played yet either.

The only quick fix is money and I don't see anyone willing to invest. Firing and restarting constantly until we get lucky or run out of money and become even worse is not a fix. 

Lets see how this week goes and if we are in the Semis and 2 points off at the end of the week we will all he much happier.

5 minutes ago, John Eric Bartholomew said:

The points difference is key, as Rfc52 says. I would estimate that we will only have 40 points come the new year game. After that game, we will still have 40 points and be in 3rd place, whereas the league leaders will have 60 (or more). 

I base my 40 point estimation on the following:

celtic H Lose

Accies A Win

St. J A Draw

Sheep H Lose

Killie H Win

Hearts A Draw

Partick H Win

Accies H Win

Dundee A Win

Sheep A Lose

Ross C. H Win

Hibs A Lose

St. J H Win

Killie A Win

M'well H Win

celtic A Lose

With a points difference of 20-25 points with 15 games left, I will support the decision to sack Pedro Caixinha and install Graeme Murty, who will guide us to 2nd place by the end of the season. 

This is fucking tragic. You are basing this all on your hypothetical fucking results. Go and shove a coupon on all those results and the ridiculous odds will tell you how stupid it is trying to second guess every game.

7 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

This is fucking tragic. You are basing this all on your hypothetical fucking results. Go and shove a coupon on all those results and the ridiculous odds will tell you how stupid it is trying to second guess every game.

Your reply is tragic and contributes nothing to this discussion. Classic RM 2017.

This thread starts with a discussion about when it is justifiable to sack Caixinha based on his points tally. I would like to thank the honorable and loyalist gentleman, Rfc52, for offering his considered and much respected opinion on this issue. I've offered my opinion, how about yours?

How many points do you think we will have after the new year game, if Caixinha is still in charge? 

17 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

A lot of the chat on here is fucking mental. So many people calling for Pedro and the boards head and offering no solution after it's done. We can't honestly blame Pedro for Hibs or Thistle. What more could he have done? Hearts I blame him but not them.

We need to stop being trigger happy or we will turn into also-fans in the long term. We have brought in so many new players that I think Pedro needs to be given this season and a non-negotiable target of 2nd place with the cups as a bonus. If he achieves that then lets kick on next year. I fucking hate being behind them as much as anyone but just punting managers and boards isn't gonna help.

The board has us in a much more stable position now than before they came in and we can't be judged against past Rangers teams. We must be judged against recent Rangers teams and imo we are performing better than last season. We can't judge him on this weeks games that aren't even played yet either.

The only quick fix is money and I don't see anyone willing to invest. Firing and restarting constantly until we get lucky or run out of money and become even worse is not a fix. 

Lets see how this week goes and if we are in the Semis and 2 points off at the end of the week we will all he much happier.

There's fuck-all solution to the the board if they go, that's the real tragic part. Like the last lot of clowns we had before this lot the only way would be to buy them out, or buy enough shares to vote them out and put up possible credible candidates for replacing them. That's the problem we have - they are untouchable and they don't give a fuck. No-one has said they have the answers to that problem, but you can't deny the problem exists can you?

Regarding Pedro I see plenty of people offering up solutions. McInnes is a name always mentioned and one I agree with myself.

Outwith that, how can your average fan know who's available and/or interested in the job? that's what we've got executives, administrators and directors for. Give any of us their resources, contact list, wages etc and I bet in a few days we'd have a good list for you.

It's not trigger happy either. He's had 6-months and all he does is sink us to new depths. How long do you personally want to give it? and when that time has expired, are you going to come on here and say to everyone else sorry for calling other people tragic, trigger-happy etc as they were right? 

8 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Probably as close to my opinion as I've seen on here.

I really do think Pedro came in with the opinion that identifying player strengths and weaknesses was more important than results. Which i believe was endorsed by the board.

He then became public enemy number one to many players who knew he didn't rate them. That's why I hate the murty comparisons. Murty had to be their mate and bond them. Pedro was starting the process of getting shot of 12 of them.

Folk refer to sheep game. Did we not play two young CHs rather than Hill? Potentially as a test? Which perhaps showed him enough about Bates ability amongst others. Who knows.

Progres? Sorry but I'm puting that on the players. Shocking attitudes, performances, and in both games I was confident the starting 11 would do ok. For me the players failed themselves and our club.

After that I think pre season was fucked up, but that was on Pedro to sort. Sort it he hasn't, and as far as I'm concerned this is his team, his team that are under achieving.

He needs wins and points. I always felt 3 transfer windows were needed but the position we are in over rides that.

It really is make or break imo.

I can accept probably more than most due to my perception of the above factors. But that grace period has run dry. Especially given his repeated selection of Miller which is sackable in its own right.

I like Pedro. I'd probably prefer to stick with him. But even given my higher than average tolerance level his team is under performing and if he can't sort it urgently his time rightly will be up.

Apologies for the Reformation Bear type reply.

Great post, and totally agree with everything you've said.

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Betting it's a draw and people think it's big progress and he's great.

Anything less than a win and he should be gone as our manager by the time Match Of The Day starts on Saturday night. 

I don't see what basis you can possibly have for that kind of expectation. 

They're a more established team, undeafted in 60 odd domestic games, a team full of internationals, more season books, higher wage bill, bigger transfer budget. 

I don't think Pedro has done a great job, but with any manager from McInnes to Mourinho - we can't win this league without significant investment. 

Hope is fine, but to expect to beat them is mental.