Ryan Jack?

Turnberry18

I honestly think we're going about things in the wrong way with the captaincy. I think we've lost our identity and need to get it back.

I think the captaincy should not be displayed by a player wearing an armband, but a flat cap & handle bar moustache - the glasses might not be practical. In fact, all players should be encouraged to have pristine facial hair.

moustacheenglishdec2011.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, baxterboy said:

Based on performances and attitude this season, Jack and Morelos are the first two names on the team sheet.

Should he be captain?

There's two basic types of captains.

One in the mould of Eric Caldow where the emphasis is on class to represent our team - a gentleman. Wallace comes under this category.

The other is the John Greig or Souness type where emphasis is on a 'don't fuck with us' attitude. Jack, if captain, would come under this category.

Which is better?

Different horses for different courses.

The current state of our team definitely requires a Greig or Souness type captain.

Spot on , we need a sore faced moaning bastard that will get tore into anyone who is not giving 100% , Wallace was never going to be this type . Jack is the only one capable in this squad.

He's been our most consistent and one of our best players so far. He isn't scared to give a piece of his mind to Dorrans, Tav or even Miller if there is mistakes on the pitch. That's what you need. 

That tackle on him on Friday was a shocker but he got up and tried to carry on. We need fighters in the team, he's one of themk

54 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

He was capitan of the sheep for a reason.

Works hard, likes a moan and demands more of everyone around him.

His form makes him a good options,  I also prefer a capitan to be a Cb or Cm.

Interesting point about preferring a captain to be a CB or CM. I prefer a captain to be a CB, don't know why, think it's mainly due to the fact that he can see exactly what is going on ahead of him on the pitch. But CM is a good shout, too. What about a goalkeeper being a captain? There have been some great captains in the past who have been goalkeepers, the Italians seem to like this method of captaincy. I also seem to remember Paraguay had their goalkeeper as a captain a few years back, and he was fantastic. Sure he used to take penalties for the team as well. I would point out that in no way am I suggesting Wes as a captain at this point in time.

Its a good options for the same reasons, plus of there are not busy they can see the whole game playing out in front of them.

Direct the defenders,  good for out team as can  tell the fullbacks to stay back and defend..

Tav is so vulnarable to a long switch over his head. 

Jack for me meets all the criteria for the captaincy, but personally I think that between the seniority of players like Dorrans and Miller and the language barrier for most of our new starts, wearing the band will make little to no difference to what he's currently doing well enough without it.

Can anyone tell me in what games Jack has been the dominant centre midfielder on the park??

He is a distinctly average player, I'd love to see Rossiter fully fit and pushing for his spot. 

It amazes me that in a team who defend poorly and leave huge spaces in front of the cb's, nobody seems willing to criticise him. 

Embarrassing listening to the 15 year olds who consider him "staunch" and want him made captain on that basis. P

Like many others he has a lot to do before he can be considered a genuine Ranger. His long term future wont be guaranteed unless he can start to dominate games and pass forward on the odd occasion. 

13 minutes ago, gsa said:

Can anyone tell me in what games Jack has been the dominant centre midfielder on the park??

He is a distinctly average player, I'd love to see Rossiter fully fit and pushing for his spot. 

It amazes me that in a team who defend poorly and leave huge spaces in front of the cb's, nobody seems willing to criticise him. 

Embarrassing listening to the 15 year olds who consider him "staunch" and want him made captain on that basis. P

Like many others he has a lot to do before he can be considered a genuine Ranger. His long term future wont be guaranteed unless he can start to dominate games and pass forward on the odd occasion. 

Interesting point of view ? What goals have we conceded this season that you could actually point the finger at Jack? The goal against Dundee, maybe. 

Also he was brought in to win the ball back, pass it on and repeat, so far, IMO, he's done that job superbly. I'm looking at Dorrans to dominate the midfield, personally, and he certainly hasn't done that. 

23 minutes ago, gsa said:

Closed down Thistle player on Friday, stole ball, pass to Morelos who could take one touch and bang.

the goals we are conceding are virtually the same as we've always done - crosses from left wing and headered in or man at back post to tap it in.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Interesting point of view ? What goals have we conceded this season that you could actually point the finger at Jack? The goal against Dundee, maybe. 

Also he was brought in to win the ball back, pass it on and repeat, so far, IMO, he's done that job superbly. I'm looking at Dorrans to dominate the midfield, personally, and he certainly hasn't done that. 

The deep midfielder is the guy who would be stamping his authority on games. We don't match up physically and constantly allow opposition midfielders to run at our centre backs.

I like him and believe he cares and does his best but still a lot to do in my opinion.

1 hour ago, gsa said:

The deep midfielder is the guy who would be stamping his authority on games. We don't match up physically and constantly allow opposition midfielders to run at our centre backs.

I like him and believe he cares and does his best but still a lot to do in my opinion.

Barring Dundee, which you can hardly blame on him, have we conceded a goal through the middle with Jack on the park?  Judging by Partick last Friday alone I'd say Jack matches up physically, he's certainly not shy getting stuck in and certainly isn't a pushover. 

And I could honestly see your point if he was the lone deep lying midfielder but he hasn't been even once this season, outside of tonight, because he's always, always got Dorrans in there beside him.